The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lions - Time for 606 to Move On

+7
Portnoy's Complaint
Taffineastbourne
stub
wales606
rodders
RuggerRadge2611
RubyGuby
11 posters

Go down

The Lions - Time for 606 to Move On Empty The Lions - Time for 606 to Move On

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:11 pm

Its been an emoitional roller coaster and it's finished with a great performance from all the players and coaches - Time for us all to look forward now as it's got close to breaking point on times. I'm genuinely pleased for Gatland and his boys as it is a great achievement - I want to say a personal thanks to Geoff Parling whom I saw as a weak link - He was absolutely immense and I take my hat off to you Geoff, well played mate. Now for the AI's.

Can we try to keep this as positive as possible; it's a great day for the Lions

thumbsup 

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

The Lions - Time for 606 to Move On Empty Re: The Lions - Time for 606 to Move On

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:20 pm

Telfer said in 97, there are 2 types of rugby players, honest ones and the other ones. If you know your lions history you know the speech.

Same goes for posters on here. Not everyone agrees with my opinions, that's ok. Its a forum, we discuss stuff and it would be pish poor boring if we all agreed. I would like to think I bring something constructive to the forum and IMO I do that best with honesty.

Like I said, there are honest posters like honest players. I was honest when I played I'm honest when I post. Gatland and the Lions coaches got it 100% right today and the score line showed it.

I still think mistakes have been made on this tour, but today Gatland got it spot on. I admit, here publically that I was wrong about Gatland, his Lions selection and how we played.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

The Lions - Time for 606 to Move On Empty Re: The Lions - Time for 606 to Move On

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Telfer said in 97, there are 2 types of rugby players, honest ones and the other ones. If you know your lions history you know the speech.

Same goes for posters on here. Not everyone agrees with my opinions, that's ok. Its a forum, we discuss stuff and it would be pish poor boring if we all agreed. I would like to think I bring something constructive to the forum and IMO I do that best with honesty.

Like I said, there are honest posters like honest players. I was honest when I played I'm honest when I post. Gatland and the Lions coaches got it 100% right today and the score line showed it.

I still think mistakes have been made on this tour, but today Gatland got it spot on. I admit, here publically that I was wrong about Gatland, his Lions selection and how we played.

Quality Radge, Quality thumbsup 

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:32 pm

It is a great day for the Lions, and a great day for the NH.

Most of all its a great day for Wales, who've made up the bulk of the touring squad and spine of the test team. This is a golden generation of Welsh talent and that should be acknowledged.

The other nations can take pride in the contributions of the likes of O'Brien, Sexton, Parling, Youngs, Corbiesero, O'Connell amongst others but lets give credit where its due and Gats and his troops have delivered in style.

Not the greatest of Lions tours, or the greatest of victories but every Lions tour win is great so hats off to the entire squad.

guinness Wales rose Leprechaun Braveheart
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:36 pm

thumbsup SOB was immense today; right on the edge of his game

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:42 pm

Wait, so can we get back to our nationalistic agenda?

Wales 2014 Grandslam Champions...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm

devil 
wales606 wrote:Wait, so can we get back to our nationalistic agenda?

Wales 2014 Grandslam Champions...

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:46 pm

if I was Welsh fan I'd be thinking about 2015, not 2014 thumbsup 
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:48 pm

rodders wrote:if I was Welsh fan I'd be thinking about 2015, not 2014 thumbsup 

One step at a time Rodders Wink 

We want to keep it a surprise so we can see the shock when we knock England out of their home World Cup in the pool stages boxing Shocked 

angel 
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:50 pm

We are B&I today, just today please - Tomorrow we can get back to the proper stuff so keep it on track lads angel 

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:52 pm

Fantastic result today! I was worried for a short while but should never have doubted. Thought Halfpenny was amazing - did he get MOTM? Lovely tip tackle by Parling too. SOB tackled his heart out. Great stuff. Time for a beer in the sun now.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 06 Jul 2013, 3:54 pm

RubyGuby wrote:We are B&I today, just today please - Tomorrow we can get back to the proper stuff so keep it on track lads angel 

Very sporting of you Rubs!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 4:04 pm

thumbsup You know me Rodders forgive and forget - I just can't imagine what would have happened if the result had gone the other way or even if we had just won such was the vitriol on here. I've read back on some comments and they are best left and hence let's move forward. I just cracked open a cold beer and am taking the boys (kids) to the movies at 5pm to watch "Dispicable Me II" - I'm wondering if a lot of 606 posters are featuring in it

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 4:07 pm

stub wrote: Lovely tip tackle by Parling too.

Wanna watch your spelling there...

I though SOB was excellent in the first half

Parling is a tackling machine, in the 2nd and 3rd test he has been near the top of the tackle list - real grunt work player

Corbs was excellent, not bad for a player who wasn't selected in the original party.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 4:15 pm

Parling impressed as did SOB.Murray should have started.Sexton was more like himself today.Toby was top drawer as was Leigh.All front row forwards cannot be praised too highly.AWJ played like a Captain.Centres did themselves justice as did the wings.
Bench did not weaken the side which was important.
So pleased that I remembered to record it.That is my evening sorted!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat 06 Jul 2013, 4:16 pm

rodders wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:We are B&I today, just today please - Tomorrow we can get back to the proper stuff so keep it on off track lads angel 

Very sporting of you Rubs!

Indeed.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 06 Jul 2013, 4:18 pm

RubyGuby wrote:thumbsup You know me Rodders forgive and forget - I just can't imagine what would have happened if the result had gone the other way or even if we had just won such was the vitriol on here. I've read back on some comments and they are best left and hence let's move forward. I just cracked open a cold beer and am taking the boys (kids) to the movies at 5pm to watch "Dispicable Me II" - I'm wondering if a lot of 606 posters are featuring  in it      

Well look I was pretty vocal about BOD's emission. I still don't agree with it, not because Davies didn't play well because he did, but because I still believe we'd have won in the manner we did with BOD at 13 and for him to see out the series and perhaps join Warb's in hoisting the trophy would have added much more to this victory for me personally.

Ultimately its a team game, and a squad effort and it's the victory that counts. The Lions have their win, some players have enhanced their reputation, some haven't and the wheel in the sky keeps turning.

All things considered its a great day for NH rugby.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 4:20 pm

thumbsup You're right Rodders; it's a great day for NH rugby

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 06 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm

Tis indeed guinness 
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 06 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm

wales606 wrote:
stub wrote: Lovely tip tackle by Parling too.

Wanna watch your spelling there...

I though SOB was excellent in the first half

Parling is a tackling machine, in the 2nd and 3rd test he has been near the top of the tackle list - real grunt work player

Corbs was excellent, not bad for a player who wasn't selected in the original party.

Sorry, yes, tap tackle!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 4:34 pm

Well despite admitting I was wronginsult removed is feeling it necessary to dig up some of my critical older posts... *sigh* picard

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : insult removed)
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Sat 06 Jul 2013, 5:38 pm

yaaaaaaay, we can all get back to hating each other in an honest way, rather than the odd period self-abuse that is the lions!

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:01 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Well despite admitting I was wrong Tw@tineastbournen is feeling it necessary to dig up some of my critical older posts... *sigh* picard
You dished it for weeks.Surely a couple of hours pay back isn't amiss?laughing Rolling Eyes 

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm

Grow up taff, you are being incredible childish today.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:13 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Grow up taff, you are being incredible childish today.
Nice moderation.Tw@tineastbourne slipped by you there.Good work.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:44 pm

Well I'm off down the boozer, got better things to do than dig up old posts trying to make posters look stupid.

Taff, I'll say it again. I was wrong about Gatland and his game plan. It worked well today. Go have a pint and stop trying to be belligerent on here. You have made your point, I'm happy for the lions and I'm happy that you have all the ammunition you need to make me look stupid, short sighted, faithless, one eyed whatever you want to call it.

go enjoy this beautiful summer evening in an Eastbourne pub. Ale 
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat 06 Jul 2013, 6:53 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Well I'm off down the boozer, got better things to do than dig up old posts trying to make posters look stupid.

Taff, I'll say it again. I was wrong about Gatland and his game plan. It worked well today. Go have a pint and stop trying to be belligerent on here. You have made your point, I'm happy for the lions and I'm happy that you have all the ammunition you need to make me look stupid, short sighted, faithless, one eyed whatever you want to call it.

clap 

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:25 pm

thumbsup Back home - kids loved the film - Another cold beer on its way and just for the moment life is good. I know it will change soon as I tee off around 9.30 am tomorrow and the afternoon will be full of despair. So for now let's enjoy what was a great all round performance and as AWJ said, the team did all 4 nations justice with that performance.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:46 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Well I'm off down the boozer, got better things to do than dig up old posts trying to make posters look stupid.

Fair play.Your posts before,during and after have shown your true colours.I am sorry that I did not resort to name calling but I couldn't lower myself.Judge not that ye be not judged.
You go and have a pint wherever you want.I am enjoying a wee dram soaking up the Eastbourne sunshine with a satisfied grin on my chops.
I can't wait to see our sides lock horns next year:hug: 

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sun 07 Jul 2013, 1:33 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:

Fair play.Your posts before,during and after have shown your true colours.I am sorry that I did not resort to name calling but I couldn't lower myself.Judge not that ye be not judged.
You go and have a pint wherever you want.I am enjoying a wee dram soaking up the Eastbourne sunshine with a satisfied grin on my chops.
I can't wait to see our sides lock horns next year:hug: 

that's better Hug kiss 
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:27 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Telfer said in 97, there are 2 types of rugby players, honest ones and the other ones. If you know your lions history you know the speech.

Nah, you weren't really wrong.  You are still basking in the afteglow of the unrequited love which was just sated.  Spectacularly.  We were lucky to win the first one, though unlucky to lose the second.  But was too close to comfort.  

This Saturday was a different animal, though.  Massive dominance, and almost thrown down the loo.  Then that final sweet, thrahsing 10 minute stretch where history was made, or unmade pending one's pomt of view.  Not sure what it all means, but I won't worry about it for a while, for I too, the cold stoic, are baking in the afterglow.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down