The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would you book the undertaker?

+10
Adam D
Mr H
Chuck Norris
ADMIN
Fernando
Kay Fabe
JoshSansom
Brady12
Sarsippius
BarrettsEarCleaner
14 posters

Go down

How would you book the undertaker? Empty How would you book the undertaker?

Post by BarrettsEarCleaner Mon 09 May 2011, 10:21 pm

As it seems to be his last WM this year how would you book it?

IMO, wwe could make the uber heel if taker wins his main match at WM as wwe chamion/world heavyweight and the money in the bank winner comes running out screaming for things to hurry up and eventually wins leaving taker 20-1....

Obviously this would have to be someone wwe were dedicated to turning into the big heel of the company

Your ideas?

BarrettsEarCleaner

Back to top Go down

How would you book the undertaker? Empty Re: How would you book the undertaker?

Post by Sarsippius Mon 09 May 2011, 10:27 pm

But if they've stopped the mitb match at wrestlemania (there wasn't one this year) someone will have to hold off from the mitb (not sure when it is but its months beforehand). Its not a reason why it couldn't be done it would just require more long term planning, which WWE don't seem too good at

Also Taker would have to appear a few times before Mania and probably compete a few times to warrant a place in the title match and I don't think he has it in him anymore

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 09 May 2011, 10:34 pm

I like the idea Barrett.... He wouldn't have to appear regularly. He could win the Rumble as the surprise no 30 (or 40) participant then bang he's straight into the title match. Win the title then drop it to the MITB winner.

Streak gone new start is born! I like this better than all the Kane Taker mask urn ideas

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Mon 09 May 2011, 10:38 pm

As bizarre and stupid as this sounds, I totally forgot about the rumble. I still don't like idea of someone turning up, winning one of the biggest matches of the year, then disappearing for 3 months, coming back again and winning another of the biggest matches of the year.

Couldn't others get pushes from winning the 2012 rumble or the mania title match, while someone else ends the streak or loses in what would surely be one of the matches of the year? Seems to benefit more people than having all your eggs in one basket

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 09 May 2011, 10:40 pm

That would be great. They could have someone like Barrett / Rhodes win the MiTB match and then disappear for about six months (even a false FE'd situation) only then to return as a surprise at the end of the final match of the event!

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 09 May 2011, 10:50 pm

JoshSansom wrote:That would be great. They could have someone like Barrett / Rhodes win the MiTB match and then disappear for about six months (even a false FE'd situation) only then to return as a surprise at the end of the final match of the event!

Love the idea of a fake FE'd... That would be immense although it'd be a bit of a gamble having someone off screens for 6 months then all of a sudden have them end the streak

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 09 May 2011, 11:06 pm

I dont like the idea of someone ending the streak so cheaply, I've seen it suggested for years to be fair and I've never liked it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 09 May 2011, 11:20 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I dont like the idea of someone ending the streak so cheaply, I've seen it suggested for years to be fair and I've never liked it

Fair enough Gaffer, in my opinion your one of the best posters on here so how would you go about booking it?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 09 May 2011, 11:25 pm

if taker is going i think kane should go with him.

so id go taker vs kane hell in a cell.
have a back and forth match ending up on the roof which taker chokeslamming kane through the roof and through the mat.

taker climbs down does the knee pose with kane crawling up out the hole and dragging taker down into "hell" never to be seen again

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 09 May 2011, 11:48 pm

So on his last night you plan to just kill Glen Jacobs Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 09 May 2011, 11:52 pm

I've had plenty of ideas Brady but its to late for me to get into it right now, i'll give it a crack tomorrow if iv not got to much on in work

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 09 May 2011, 11:56 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I've had plenty of ideas Brady but its to late for me to get into it right now, i'll give it a crack tomorrow if iv not got to much on in work

look foward to it gaffer

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 10 May 2011, 12:17 am

The one idea I keep thinking of but I'm not good at fantasy booking stuff like Gaffer is to revisit how they brought in Taker but this time use it to bring in a new guy that is instead Taker's kayfabe son.
He'd be 47 by next Mania, that's plenty realistic to have anyone mid to late 20's take up the role and it would then allow the role to be possibly taken up for WWE to continue the legacy (like how Tiger Mask continued). Yes it's be pushing the believability factor but Taker's always done that.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuck Norris Tue 10 May 2011, 7:02 am

People can speculate & what not about cool was for him to officially retire. However the fact of the matter is he will retire as 20-0 after beating someone like Randy Orton next year.

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 10 May 2011, 10:55 am

Im with Gaffer on this one i wouldnt want the streak to go cheaply with the MITB winner beating Taker in a 2 minute match.

Personally i want the streak to end, and if the WWE are serious about their big plans for this guy then the person i'd pick would be The Miz. I dont particularly rate him but what better way to cement his place as a top top future heel than ending the streak. But then you have to ask would it be believable for him to go over Taker when HHH and HBK couldnt? The only way i want to see the streak go is with a clean win, and i dont think it'd be believable for The Miz to win clean.

I've got an idea as to how i'd book Taker though, but i imagine Gaffer will blow me out of the water with his effort!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 10 May 2011, 10:58 am

I reckon they should book him like Ric Flair - get him to start blading for fun and exposing his butt whenever possible!

Realistically though, it must end with him saying "I can now rest in peace" and be carried off by some druids, led by the urn and Paul Bearer

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 May 2011, 11:11 am

There's been a few bits mentioned of the Undertaker moving over to Raw when he returns. Could it be possible that they announce him as the General Manager after screwing someone like Del Rio and pushing DR further by ending the streak.

It would mean taker didn't have to be in and around the arena that much.

As a huge Undertaker fan, I'd hate for it to happen and I'd much prefer him to go 20-0 and leave the WWE on his own terms after all he's put into the company but it's also probably quite a longshot. McCools exit probably means Taker won't be around so much either.

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 10 May 2011, 11:16 am

I think there are two options. Either he beats a fellow legend and retires at 20-0, or he is defeated by someone WWE has big hopes for.

If the former, the most likely is 888, but I don't want to see that. There's no logical reason for a rematch. If he's going out victorious, I'd prefer to see the Kane ending we've all speculated about, with Taker winning and then wrapping his cloak around Kane, the lights go out and when they come back on there is an urn and a mask in the ring.

If the latter, I'd go with Barrett, Sheamus or Miz. Any one of those has all the tools to be a massive star for years to come. But they would have to win clean, that would be the key; Undertaker finally being overcome by someone younger and better. I actually think it would help Miz the most as it would really cement that he could beat a much bigger wrestler with a great track record.

I do worry that they might go with the latter option but pick the wrong man entirely for the job, Mason Ryan or someone like that. It has to be someone who is already good enough and pretty much guaranteed to carry the ball.

I don't like the MITB idea, it would be a really flat way for the streak to end.

All this is assuming Taker is retiring - it's not too much of a stretch to think he might only wrestle one match a year for multiple Wrestlemanias to come.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 10 May 2011, 1:36 pm

Agree with crips that it has to be someone established and guaranteed to carry the ball, would be a huge risk to put that accolade on someone so green.

My pick has been the same for a long time - John Cena and the heel turn. I was hoping Cena would be next for Taker but obviously that wont happen next year. If Taker retires without facing Cena at Mania it will be a massive cop out by the WWE. Fair enough Taker's condition might not allow it but if he makes it to Mania 29 they HAVE to pull the trigger on this. Cena to go over Taker and make it 20-1 is the way i'd be looking to go.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by DrChill Tue 10 May 2011, 7:48 pm

I would go with CM Punk assuming hes still with the E of course. The main reason for this is that Punk is one of the few guys on the roster with the talent to put on a 5* match, make Taker look great and come out smelling of roses himself. Punk is imo the best worker in North America at the moment and Taker will need that at WM next year.

The way that I would book it would either be for Punk to win MITB or The Rumble and exchange that for a shot at the streak. Punks Heel promos are so good, we wont even have to see Taker untill 3-4 weeks before Mania.

If I seem like a massive CM Punk mark thats probably because I am Very Happy

DrChill

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 10 May 2011, 9:15 pm

"Punks the best worker in North America right now"

Thats high praise indeed, I'm a big fan of Punk but I'm not sure if I agree with that, not to say its wrong tho'

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 10 May 2011, 10:01 pm

Hmmmmm some very interesting ideas here. I think if Taker has to go, not only should it be against someone established, but someone he hasn't faced before at WM and if the streak is to end I would like to see someone like Kurt Angle end it as I view it that his final match has to be 'epic' in every sense of the word. If he had it in him I would like to see an Iron Man match or Hell in the Cell.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Tue 10 May 2011, 10:19 pm

sorry to be of topic but where is hhh is he injured?

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down