The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wallabies have it now.. one word Lions fans... Grant!

+5
beshocked
HammerofThunor
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Metal Tiger
bsando
9 posters

Go down

Wallabies have it now.. one word Lions fans... Grant!  Empty Wallabies have it now.. one word Lions fans... Grant!

Post by bsando Sat 29 Jun 2013, 9:21 pm

Okay, yes I am drunk. I found the only Aussie contingent in Cardiff today, at the Walkabout. But hey, it only took less than an hour after the game for us 7 Aussies to be out numbering you Lions fans. Did no one intend on staying out tonight? To be fair we had two die hard Lions fans hanging out with us and some good banter making Lions fans skull jugs of beer for several hours after the game, But boy did you boys scamper, living up to the pu**y cats name Wink

Anyway, enough jokes. Should have played Grant, got owned in the scrum missing out on those crucial penalties. Refusal to play a Scot has cost the Lions.

Cya next week for the Wallabies win

Doh

bsando

Back to top Go down

Wallabies have it now.. one word Lions fans... Grant!  Empty Re: Wallabies have it now.. one word Lions fans... Grant!

Post by Metal Tiger Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:01 pm

bsando wrote:Okay, yes I am drunk. I found the only Aussie contingent in Cardiff today, at the Walkabout. But hey, it only took less than an hour after the game for us 7 Aussies to be out numbering you Lions fans. Did no one intend on staying out tonight? To be fair we had two die hard Lions fans hanging out with us and some good banter making Lions fans skull jugs of beer for several hours after the game, But boy did you boys scamper, living up to the pu**y cats name Wink

Anyway, enough jokes. Should have played Grant, got owned in the scrum missing out on those crucial penalties. Refusal to play a Scot has cost the Lions.

Doh

Stupid post.

Green & Yellow got pinged 9 times in the scrum. Lions only got whistled 3 times. Oz got consistantly outplayed in the scrum.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Wallabies have it now.. one word Lions fans... Grant!  Empty Re: Wallabies have it now.. one word Lions fans... Grant!

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:04 pm

Metal Tiger wrote:
bsando wrote:Okay, yes I am drunk. I found the only Aussie contingent in Cardiff today, at the Walkabout. But hey, it only took less than an hour after the game for us 7 Aussies to be out numbering you Lions fans. Did no one intend on staying out tonight? To be fair we had two die hard Lions fans hanging out with us and some good banter making Lions fans skull jugs of beer for several hours after the game, But boy did you boys scamper, living up to the pu**y cats name Wink

Doh

Stupid post.

Green & Yellow got pinged 9 times in the scrum. Lions only got whistled 3 times. Oz got consistantly outplayed in the scrum.

And the Lions did exactly what with that? Yet another example of where stats mislead you - 9 scrum penalties, feic all to show

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:08 pm

Bsando, in fairness your post did say that the lions got 'owned in the scrum and missed out on crucial penalties'. Metal Tiger was therefore right to point out that the opposite was true.

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:54 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Metal Tiger wrote:

Doh

Stupid post.

And the Lions did exactly what with that?  Yet another example of where stats mislead you - 9 scrum penalties, feic all to show

But what would a better scrummager give? You can only get 1 penalty per scrum. The problem was the Lions were clueless in attack

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:57 pm

Gatlandball requires a solid scrum - its a prerequisite. Would it have made a difference today? Who know, we didn't get to see, and the clock cannot be rewound. Agreed re attack, Gatlandball lite was like a bad dream

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Sat 29 Jun 2013, 11:32 pm

Hammerofthunor and metaltiger well said.

So strange to see so many Scottish Wums in quick succession.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:02 am

For sure, Joubert judged that the Lions were in the right several times, yet in the replay you saw Vunipola going inwards, down and all over the place. He had a few decent scrums, some thanks largely to the boys behind him in AWJ and Parling etc, but overall you can't deny he was pretty hopeless and essentially ruined the Lions platform in attack. So much so the Wallabies were opting for the scum when they had a penalty. Not what many would have expected pre Lions tour I reckon.

Don't mean to WUM, I just find it hilarious that Gatland didn't even sub Grant on. I jokingly said to a Lions supporter in pub today.. "Yeah, if Grant is subbed on at 78th minute, that'll be great!" fully expecting him to be subbed on 50 minute mark or so. Yet he wasn't even played. Its remarkable. Very very odd. And it lost them the game in my view.

Wallabies played like pants today. It was a dismal performance. Yet the Lions couldn't do it after a very positive start to the test match. Say's something about selection, tactics or attitude, I don't know, all I do know is the Lions lost a game they should have won today and I'm very happy there'll be a third and deciding test!

btw, Taylorman, if you read this, I bet ya a tenner JOC would win it for the Wallabies. Pretty sure that lovely delayed pass did the job today Wink He may well have been hopeless for the rest of the match but that one piece of good work did it in the end.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:47 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
And the Lions did exactly what with that?  Yet another example of where stats mislead you - 9 scrum penalties, feic all to show

Whether the Lions ultimately did anything with the penalties and free kicks earned at the scrum is irrelevant when discussing how the scrum itself went. Can't blame Vunipola/Youngs/Jones/Hibbard/Cole for others doing nothing with the ball they had won.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 7:12 am

I love it how Vunipola is solely blamed for when the scrum went badly and got penalised, but when it went well it was because of guys behind him like Parling and AWJ! Priceless.

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Sun 30 Jun 2013, 8:23 am

Utter drivel on here.  The scrum cost us nothing. Even the one against the head was caused by Murray hitting Warburton's hand when he put the ball in - nothing to do with the forwards.  It was the line out (again) that was useless.  The front five were not effective in the line out and did not carry well enough.  The breakdown was contested well and the back row had a good game.

The reason we lost was an ineffective midfield who failed to make or find space.  That and the fact that the half backs completely failed to control territory.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 30 Jun 2013, 8:36 am

Griff wrote:I love it how Vunipola is solely blamed for when the scrum went badly and got penalised, but when it went well it was because of guys behind him like Parling and AWJ! Priceless.

picard I said he had a few good scrums griff. But in several where Lions won, you could see him burrowing inwards. Need to have another look at the scrums i guess as a lot of you seem to think Vunipola had a good game. chin 

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 30 Jun 2013, 10:22 am

bsando wrote:
Griff wrote:I love it how Vunipola is solely blamed for when the scrum went badly and got penalised, but when it went well it was because of guys behind him like Parling and AWJ! Priceless.

picard I said he had a few good scrums griff. But in several where Lions won, you could see him burrowing inwards. Need to have another look at the scrums i guess as a lot of you seem to think Vunipola had a good game. chin 

But he got away with it so what's the problem? On almost every scrum he has Jones binds on the arm. But he gets away with it so he's rated as one of the tightheads in the world. Saying Vunipola cost the game because he cheated in the scrum but wasn't picked up for it is...odd

Edit: especially odd when 2 of the 3 scrum penalties were because the Aussie prop was cheating.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 30 Jun 2013, 10:36 am

HammerofThunor wrote:
bsando wrote:

But he got away with it so what's the problem? On almost every scrum he has Jones binds on the arm. But he gets away with it so he's rated as one of the tightheads in the world. Saying Vunipola cost the game because he cheated in the scrum but wasn't picked up for it is...odd

Totally true Hammer, if you get away with it its all good, and he did. But another ref may well not take the same opinion as Joubert. Jones is quite subtle in the way he operates as are many other world class forwards. Vunipola was blatantly scrumaging badly yesterday and was lucky to get away with it. Come 3rd test, if he starts and does the same, may well be a lot more penalties against Lions.

Also I didn't say Vunipola cheated, that is something you have invented, probably to get a kick out of me I presume. I just want to debate, not argue.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 30 Jun 2013, 10:41 am

You said he was clearly burrowing inward. That's cheating. Those are my words and I wasn't attempting to suggest you used them. From what I saw the Aussies cheated in the scrum and got away with it. Vunipola learnt, started cheating himself and got away with it. From this point the Lions scrum dominated.

The only bizarre thing is that he stayed on the whole game when he's played pretty much every game. And he's a bit of a chubbster. But he didn't cost the game. Unless he missed a tackle leading to the Aussie try.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:01 am

yeah fair enough, but I didn't say Vunipola cost the Lions the game, at least I don't think I did. Please show me if i did and I'll apologise.

My drunken opinion last night was that failure to have Grant involved was costly. Today I still believe it was detrimental, how much so I guess we'll never know. Theoretically grant could have given the scrum more consistency and therefore provided a better platform for lions attack. Most would agree Vunipola's performance was a roller coaster ride in the scrum.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:15 pm

Well you said in the OP that not playing Grant cost the Lions the game. Not quite the same thing although it could be inferred.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun 30 Jun 2013, 12:26 pm

Nah didn't mean that at all, sorry if that mislead you. If I thought Vunipola cost the game I would just say it. Not my style to try and infer something.

Vunipola has proved he has been valuable for the Lions, I've said as much in other threads. But Grant really needed to feature at some point yesterday, hence the annoyance of so many of us.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 30 Jun 2013, 1:53 pm

Doh

Not surprised you were drunk. I was like you too after my first real beer. It's just not possible to get drunk on Aussie pretend beer.

Did you manage to live up to the Aussie Cat drinkers tag? kiss 

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 30 Jun 2013, 1:58 pm

tigerleghorn wrote:

Doh

Not surprised you were drunk. I was like you too after my first real beer. It's just not possible to get drunk on Aussie pretend beer.

Did you manage to live up to the Aussie pus*y drinkers tag? kiss 

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sun 30 Jun 2013, 1:59 pm

tigerleghorn wrote:

Doh

Did you manage to live up to the Aussie pus*y drinkers tag? kiss 

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 30 Jun 2013, 5:54 pm

You're a Scotsman living in Cardiff. Do you honestly believe going to Walkabout and drinking Fosters makes you Aussie?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down