The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Interesting' Smackdown Spoiler

5 posters

Go down

'Interesting' Smackdown Spoiler Empty 'Interesting' Smackdown Spoiler

Post by Samo Wed 26 Jun 2013, 5:41 pm

This week on SmackDown saw Christian team with The Uso's against The Shield, Christian hoping to get a modicum on revenge for the triple powerbomb he took on RAW.

And Revenge he got, pinning Dean Ambrose to give The Shield they're second pin/submission defeat on SmackDown.

Now, I could accept Daniel Bryan beating The Shield as it is seemingly the start of his push to the WWE title, but Christian? I dont get it. In all honesty the guys past it, was never main event material in my eyes to begin with, and wont gain anything from this. And The Usos? Its taken WWE this long to pull the trigger on them they've lost nearly all the credibility (if they ever had any).

This leads me to believe there are 2 plausible reasons. This could be the beginning of the end for The Shield. Its been close to a year since they first debuted and they've already gotten massively over as heels, and if Triple H is as big on Ambrose as we're lead to believe he could be on for a big singles push sooner rather than later.

OR... The Shield could have fallen into WWE's creative laziness of making heel champs look weak with PPV's coming up. Which, if the case, will ruin all the hard work done over the past year.

Also announced on SmackDown, was The World Title MITB participants. T-Lo suggested to McMahon that while the WWE MITB is dominated with star names, the WHC match should feature up and coming guys. So the match will feature: Wade Barrett, Jack Swagger, FanDaaaaaango, Antonio Cesaro, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and Dean Ambrose. Its interesting to see Ambrose in there, and gives weight to my thoughts about him being in line for a push, however I still think its far too early for him to be chasing the WHC. Also, its entirely dominated by faces. They should have had Christian in this match, along with Brodus Clay and The Miz in there to even the ratio.

Samo

Back to top Go down

'Interesting' Smackdown Spoiler Empty Re: 'Interesting' Smackdown Spoiler

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 26 Jun 2013, 5:50 pm

I think of the two scenarios there the second one is most likely. The Shield have lost a fair amount of steam lately so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the WWE creative team are reverting to type. Surprised it wasn't one of the Usos (Jonathan or Jimothy it doesn't matter which one) picking up the win over Rollins/Reigns. You know, to make the Usos the GREATEST THREAT THE SHIELD HAS EVER KNOWN!

As for the MITB line up, it's interesting to note that they're all heels (unless Fandango counts as a face?). Love how they've got former World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger down as an "up and comer" Erm

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 27 Jun 2013, 10:55 am

It's really weird that they've got all heels in one and all babyfaces in the other. Should set up a lovely 14-man tag match on Raw to hype it though.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu 27 Jun 2013, 12:07 pm

I think its probably the second option....its still crap though, after all the battles and wins they have picked up against the top stars we are supposed to believe that Christian and the Uso's can beat them. Really? Really?!

MITB line up looks cracking.....I think Cesaro will win but I am keep everything crossed for Ambrose.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu 27 Jun 2013, 3:46 pm

Samo wrote:Now, I could accept Daniel Bryan beating The Shield as it is seemingly the start of his push to the WWE title, but Christian?  I dont get it.  In all honesty the guys past it, was never main event material in my eyes to begin with, and wont gain anything from this.

Why not christian? im sick of this love in for the shield, the can get beat occasionally. i would say 2 defeats in a year is a good record. its not going to dent the credibility.Especially now that they are regular on tv.

1) We dont know how the match goes, might be a lucky win
2) Christian is a credible wrestler. Good in the ring and has won everything there is to win. I hate it when people bash him at the end of the day the shield will count themselves fortunate if they do anything as good as Christian has done in his career.
3) The Usos are being built as a credible tag team, so to give them a win in a 6 man does them good.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 27 Jun 2013, 5:21 pm

[quote="MetalMotty"]
Samo wrote:3) The Usos are being built as a credible tag team, so to give them a win in a 6 man does them good.

The problem with this is that WWE seem to think that a couple of wins establishes the Uso's as credible challengers to the tag titles. "They won the #1 contender's match and now they've beaten the Shield in a 6 man! Hey presto they're credible!"

I think people would be more inclined to buy into them as a serious threat to the tag champs if they'd been built up over a few months, rather than 2 weeks. Especially after doing a big bunch of nothing for the last while.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 27 Jun 2013, 5:36 pm

MetalMotty wrote:

Why not christian? im sick of this love in for the shield, the can get beat occasionally. i would say 2 defeats in a year is a good record. its not going to dent the credibility.Especially now that they are regular on tv.

1) We dont know how the match goes, might be a lucky win
2) Christian is a credible wrestler. Good in the ring and has won everything there is to win. I hate it when people bash him at the end of the day the shield will count themselves fortunate if they do anything as good as Christian has done in his career.

The match ends when the Usos take Reigns and Rollins to the outside, Ambrose is distracted by this, and turns round into a spear from Christian which is good for the pin. Typical tag affair.

And Christian was at his peak in TNA. He was on the cusp of a main event push when he left the WWE the first time. His return was ruined when they pulled him from the Jeff Hardy program for fear of it being too predicatable. And his program with Orton got boring quickly and was only given the strap as a thank you to Edge.

Is he a good wrestler? Absolutely. Is he main event material? He can fit in there if need be. Is it believable that he can beat the perfect team in his second match after a year long absence? Not even a wee bit. Daniel Bryans win made sense because he had fought them so many times, you could buy into the fact he figured them out. This just reeks of lazy booking.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down