The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Trophy - Team of the Tournament

5 posters

Go down

Champions Trophy - Team of the Tournament Empty Champions Trophy - Team of the Tournament

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:31 pm

Simple stuff guys, what would your team of the tournament be?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Champions Trophy - Team of the Tournament Empty Re: Champions Trophy - Team of the Tournament

Post by kingraf Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:46 pm

Its actually a tough question...
Dhawan (picks himself)
Sharma?
Trott
Kohli
Miller
Dhoni
McLaren
Anderson
Jadeja
Ashwin

Although Im probably way off base..
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Champions Trophy - Team of the Tournament Empty Re: Champions Trophy - Team of the Tournament

Post by kingraf Sun 23 Jun 2013, 10:47 pm

Dhawan (picks himself)
Sharma?
Trott
Kohli
Miller
Bopara
Dhoni
McLaren
Anderson
Jadeja
Ashwin
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:47 pm

Alec Stewart's effort: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23020598

Seems alright, even if McLenaghan is a bit of an odd pick.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:00 pm

JDizzle wrote:Alec Stewart's effort: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23020598

Mitch took 11 wickets in 3 matches off 24 overs. It took Anderson 5 matches and 37 overs to take that many, while Jadeja (who topped the wickets table with 12) bowled 41 overs
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:22 pm

McLenaghan would deffo be in mine too, had a great tournament.

That other opener slot beside Dhawan is quite hard to fill. No one else really stood out
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:31 pm

Shikhar Dhawan
Rohit Sharma
Jonathan Trott
Kumar Sangaakkara
Virat Kohli
Ravi Bopara
Ravindra Jadeja
Ravichandran Ashwin
Bhuvneshwar Kumar
James Anderson
Mitchell McClenaghan
MS Dhoni captained well and kept well, but he wasn't often needed with the bat, and he couldn't make an impact with the bat in the final so Sangakkara who made the highest score of the tournament in a superb chase gets the gloves ahead of the Indian skipper. Kohli's adaptability and impact performance in the final gets him the place ahead of Misbah-Ul-Haque. Bhuvneshwar Kumar provided early wickets for the captain more often than not, and he was very difficult to get away. He has made a greater impact than what McLaren managed and so he gets in.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:34 pm

Olly wrote:McLenaghan would deffo be in mine too, had a great tournament.

That other opener slot beside Dhawan is quite hard to fill. No one else really stood out
Dilshan and Gayle managed a couple of starts, Hashim Amla had one good innings. But the thing in Rohit's favor is that he managed a couple of 50s, and his partnership with Dhawan worked well.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:14 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
JDizzle wrote:Alec Stewart's effort: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/23020598

Mitch took 11 wickets in 3 matches off 24 overs. It took Anderson 5 matches and 37 overs to take that many, while Jadeja (who topped the wickets table with 12) bowled 41 overs
 Economies of Jadeja, Anderson and Mitchell were 3.75, 4.08 and 6.04 respectively though. That's the concern with him for me. I can understand if you think his early wickets trump going for over 6 an over, but I'm not sure it does or me although I didn't realise he took as many wickets as he did so perhaps it is not as odd a selection as I may have originally claimed!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down