The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Overrated bands ever

+16
Stella
hornbloweroafc
kingraf
Kenny
Mind the windows Tino.
88Chris05
Nakatomi Plaza
XR
Shot 21 LCFC
bluestonevedder
superflyweight
The Womble
ChequeredJersey
The Special Juan
Crimey
Rowley
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Most Overrated bands ever - Page 2 Empty Most Overrated bands ever

Post by Rowley Mon 17 Jun 2013, 4:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thought I would post to get people’s opinions on the most over rated bands ever. Sure I will get slated for this but will get the ball rolling with two I think fit the bill. The first is Coldplay. The appeal of these is completely lost on me. Lyrically they are nonsensical, absolute meaningless phrases dressed up as depth and tunes that are little more than dirges. Also you should never trust a bloke that does not drink in any walk of life but when that person is a rock star he really should be banned from making music.

The second one is probably going to get me slaughtered on here but has to be Oasis. Don’t get me wrong they are an alright band but they do not in any way shape or form deserve the adulation they frequently receive. Definitely Maybe is a good album, What’s the Story is alright in patches but after this they are pretty much unlistenable. Musically they are luddites, no ambition to expand or experiment with their sound, just went on producing weak facsimiles of their earlier glory.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Most Overrated bands ever - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Overrated bands ever

Post by Rowley Tue 02 Jul 2013, 4:22 pm

Agree wholeheartedly on the Kinks Dummy, their sixties output is of a consistently high standard and in Ray Davies they have the standout British songwriter of the period. Lennon and McCartney are often raved about as songwriters but Davies is better than the pair of them put together, the humour and intelligence in his lyrics is almost without equal.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 02 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm

The Eagles?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 06 Aug 2013, 11:22 am

Rowley wrote:Agree wholeheartedly on the Kinks Dummy, their sixties output is of a consistently high standard and in Ray Davies they have the standout British songwriter of the period. Lennon and McCartney are often raved about as songwriters but Davies is better than the pair of them put together, the humour and intelligence in his lyrics is almost without equal.

Ray Davies does wistful nostalgia like no other songwriter. Even if he / the Kinks had stopped after about 1965, their early stuff would still stand up, but his / their late-'60s stuff is just brilliant.

I agree with an earlier post: Youth and Young Manhood by Kings of Leon is a fine album, proper unpretentious southern rock and roll, and the follow-up isn't half bad either; but ever since then they've got progressively 'stadium'. Fair play to them though, they've made a fortune.

I can't stand Mumford and Sons. Fake folk.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 06 Aug 2013, 12:45 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
I agree with an earlier post: Youth and Young Manhood by Kings of Leon is a fine album, proper unpretentious southern rock and roll, and the follow-up isn't half bad either; but ever since then they've got progressively 'stadium'. Fair play to them though, they've made a fortune.

I can't stand Mumford and Sons. Fake folk.

As someone who doesn't mind a bit of stadium rock, I won't criticise KoL. Only problem is that some of their most commercially successful songs aren't even the best ones on their recent albums.

Agree absolutely re Mumford and Sons. Don't get what the appeal is at all. Much prefer Bellowhead for modern Folk.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Aug 2013, 2:27 pm

U2 and The Rolling Stones

Yaawwwwnnn (jaw cracks in four places!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2