The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v New Zealand, 1st ODI, Lords

+13
Shelsey93
VTR
Marcus
atletico86
jimbohammers
trebellbobaggins
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
dummy_half
alfie
msp83
Duty281
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

England v New Zealand, 1st ODI, Lords - Page 4 Empty England v New Zealand, 1st ODI, Lords

Post by Duty281 Fri 31 May 2013, 10:22 am

First topic message reminder :

First of 3 ODIs start at 10:45 today, with both sides looking to get in tune for the Champions Trophy. New Zealand have won the toss and will bowl first. Worryingly for England, Dernbach has been picked. Teams:

England: Alastair Cook, Ian Bell, Jonathan Trott, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan, Jos Buttler, Chris Woakes, Tim Bresnan, Graeme Swann, James Anderson, Jade Dernbach.

New Zealand: Brendon McCullum, Luke Ronchi (wkt), Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Grant Elliott, James Franklin, Nathan McCullum, Tim Southee, Kyle Mills, Mitchell McClenaghan.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

England v New Zealand, 1st ODI, Lords - Page 4 Empty Re: England v New Zealand, 1st ODI, Lords

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 01 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

Are they playing at Hampshire tomorrow? Give Briggs a chance on a possibly spin friendly pitch?

Or yes tredwell ahead of him of course.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

England v New Zealand, 1st ODI, Lords - Page 4 Empty Re: England v New Zealand, 1st ODI, Lords

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:40 pm

Hopefully Tredwell will play - I tend to like 2 spinners in ODIs unless the pitch is a genuine seamer. New regulations might have messed things up for spinners though.

Briggs shouldn't be considered for me. His form has gone backwards fast of late: he's conceded 320 runs since he last took a wicket in any format.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:44 pm

has he. oh blimey, hadn't realised he'd fallen off so badly.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:54 pm

trebellbobaggins wrote:has he. oh blimey, hadn't realised he'd fallen off so badly.

Looking now he has picked up two wickets in the ongoing match against Northants, but the point still stands.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:55 pm

Yeah, if he's out of form then Tredwell it is.

We're going to notice when Swann retires.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:55 am

alfie wrote:Guildford : good to hear even slightly encouraging news about Tremlett ! I am in no hurry with him : just would like to see him back with a chance of touring Australia later this year. Certainly wouldn't want to call him up for ODIs

Alfie (in particular) - thought you would like to know that Trem picked up another 3 wickets yesterday as Surrey's CC match at Derby ended in a draw. That gave him match figures of 8-133, that from a match which produced well over 1,100 runs and just 21 wickets. All the more encouraging although even a few swallows etc. It'll be interesting to see how goes on. He should be playing another CC match at Guildford this week, against Warks. I very much doubt that he'll feature in tonight's YB40 against Essex - almost certainly will be rested for that.

I still have doubts that he will recover sufficient fitness and strength to be trusted as a reliable option in a 5 day Test although I hope I'm wrong and wish him well. As we all know, he can bowl but that's not the only issue.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 03 Jun 2013, 2:29 pm

Thanks for that , guildford.

Sounds promising...keeping fingers crossed.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4