The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European Tour - BMW PGA Championship

+22
barragan
I'm never wrong
gaelgowfer
incontinentia
Hibbz
Diggers
Shotrock
Lairdy
Faldono1fan
Roller_Coaster
Davie
goldwolf
Skydriver
Bob_the_Job
robopz
hend085
dynamark
super_realist
kwinigolfer
sirbenson
GPB
princedracula
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

European Tour - BMW PGA Championship - Page 3 Empty European Tour - BMW PGA Championship

Post by princedracula Wed 22 May 2013, 2:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

They should've called it the KFC PGA Championship this year... Yesterday the anchoring ban, today is the fried chicken saga, plus the McIlroy-Horizon/GMac stuff, no one seems to care that there is a big golf tournament going on this week at Wentworth... And on top of that, some of the top ET golfers don't seem to care either: Oosthuizen, Schawartzel, Hanson, Stenson, Harrington, all gone by the way side...

Hoping for some good golf from tomorrow anyway and hopefully that will get people interested again...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

European Tour - BMW PGA Championship - Page 3 Empty Re: European Tour - BMW PGA Championship

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 26 May 2013, 2:21 pm

Nicholas Slowh . . . .

Fine effort so far today from Pepperell, surpassing Saltman's achievements in the condiment category.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

European Tour - BMW PGA Championship - Page 3 Empty Re: European Tour - BMW PGA Championship

Post by GPB Sun 26 May 2013, 2:23 pm

Just timed Lee Westwood on the 5th tee.

2 min 10 seconds from the time he teed up his ball to the time of impact.

And it took him about 30 more seconds to tee up the ball.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sun 26 May 2013, 3:55 pm

Westwood/Canizares should be put on the clock. almost two holes behind Warren/Manassero.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Sun 26 May 2013, 4:05 pm

Sheesh... Westy yaking up another one in the final round? vomit
Demons I tell ya... it's gotta be demons.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Sun 26 May 2013, 4:42 pm

GPB wrote:Westwood/Canizares should be put on the clock. almost two holes behind Warren/Manassero.
John Paramor must not have been with that group...

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Sun 26 May 2013, 4:45 pm

Simon strikes again from the middle of the pack. Hopefully the trophy will be Mannasero's or Warren's this time.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sun 26 May 2013, 4:49 pm

robopz wrote:
GPB wrote:Westwood/Canizares should be put on the clock. almost two holes behind Warren/Manassero.
John Paramor must not have been with that group...

I notice these Brits are strangely silent on slow play when it is one of their own is guilty. Looks like the trailing groups have run into bottlenecks on the final holes so it doesn't look as bad.

And I did use my stopwatch to measure how long it took Westy on the par 3 5th hole. It was a total of well over 2.5 minutes. Inexcusable. The gamesmanship against Canizares was blatantly obvious as Westy just made 3 birdies in a row and Alejandro just bogeyed the par 5. Westy was making him stew on that bogey.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Sun 26 May 2013, 5:07 pm

Is there a weaker arse in professional golf sport than Lee Westwood's?

Last edited by Hibbz on Sun 26 May 2013, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 26 May 2013, 5:12 pm

Forza Matteooooooooooooooooo!!!!

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 26 May 2013, 6:34 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 26 May 2013, 6:41 pm

What an extraordinary young man!!!!

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Sun 26 May 2013, 6:42 pm

princedracula wrote: Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Ditto.... European Tour - BMW PGA Championship - Page 3 Hamu

Last edited by robopz on Sun 26 May 2013, 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sun 26 May 2013, 6:43 pm

Congratulazioni Matteo!

Molto impressionante!

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 26 May 2013, 7:15 pm

GPB,
Just been out watching the VCM. Yes! Westwood did take an age on the 5th tee. Usually he's a very quick player but if he psyched anyone out it was himself.

Someone earlier this week suggested Matteo had not "trained on".
What a response!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Sun 26 May 2013, 7:22 pm

I bet they'll be sh1ting in their pants in future whoever gets in a playoff with Matteo... 20-year old and he just got better and better every time they had to play that last hole again...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sun 26 May 2013, 7:43 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
Someone earlier this week suggested Matteo had not "trained on".
What a response!

I believe that was the infamous SR, who fits every bad stereotype of a Mother-in-Law.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Sun 26 May 2013, 7:53 pm

By jove, that young man has just grown two inches taller. OK

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Snap Hook Sun 26 May 2013, 9:24 pm

Long time lurker but first time poster. Very Happy

Went to Wentworth yesterday and really enjoyed the day out. Others have mentioned slow play but yesterday I was really impressed with speed of play, two balls obviously help but most were going around in just over 3.5 hours, inevitably slowed up near the end when the galleries all came together and the pressure was on.

Walked the whole course, favourite holes 1st, 6th and 12th. Tip top condition despite the weather and people on course, tv does not do the depth of the bunkers justice. Saw Sergio birdie the 5th, the crowd very supportive of him, interestingly all the Spaniards impressed me, Sergio aside the all seem to have good attitude going on. Quiros is a sight behold off the tee. A lot of younger players impressed me too, Ulien? Look very good indeed, and really seemed to be enjoying himself.

Only trouble with Wentworth, some hole are only viewable from one side of the fairway, and with the leaders the inevitable bottlenecks occur. Parked at the Sunningdale park and ride, which was ok but needed more buses into the course.

I was inevitably mugged in the course for a hot dog 5.50, diet coke 2.50, pint of lager 4.50 and finally a magnum ice cream 2.20. Thankfully all the walking ensured I will not turn into Shane Lowery. Furthermore the BMW village was good with the big screen, some impressive metal on show.

Overall great day out, very pleasant weather and some great sporting entertainment.

Snap Hook

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 26 May 2013, 9:38 pm

Thanks Snap Hook! Sounds like a great day. Did people seem disappointed to miss out on Donald and Rory?

P.S. Imagine Lowry if he didn't do all the walking!

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Snap Hook Sun 26 May 2013, 9:53 pm

pedro wrote:Thanks Snap Hook! Sounds like a great day. Did people seem disappointed to miss out on Donald and Rory?

P.S. Imagine Lowry if he didn't do all the walking!

Yes, regards Rory I was disappointed for a start, but others too! Less rumblings about Donald to be fair. Poulter was interesting getting a bit if stick from two blokes on the bus. Agreed with their sentiment, took his foot off the gas after World Matchplay, telling people that he thought it was unnecessary to play for 3rd place and the cash and points which go with it, promptly lost and his season gone downhill since then, primarily due to lack of events and match fitness. Only played 7 tour events before Bulgaria which is bonkers if true.

Regards Lowery gets a lot of stick, but played an awesome 20yd bunker shot at the 13th yesterday. No denying losing a few stone won't do him any harm mind!

Snap Hook

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 27 May 2013, 11:23 am

surprised there isn't more talk of Westwood'ds bottle job here. some terrible drives, terrible chips and putts and there wasn't anyone scary in the top 10 to unnerve him, he should have been a lot more comfortable. he was hammered by Howard Clark in the post round interview and rightly so.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottieD18 Mon 27 May 2013, 12:15 pm

Lee gave an honest interview. The line was, Still not swinging it well - no time and space in the swing....early birdies flattered me......when the pressure was I couldn't trust the swing.....pitching was good.....edgy over a few puts.

All understandable, but some others would have coped a lot better by changing their course management and relying on their putting. Lee missed 3 short ones when it counted most.

I accept he is not happy with his swing and of course he will have a few bad swings when the pressue is on, but that's was when he needs to fall back on his putting. Instead, when his long game collapsed in the middle of the round his ability to put could not cope with the additional pressure.

I'm still worried he might not win a Major. For sure he can match the winning score over 72 holes, but you have to be able to "cross the line" on the back nine Sunday under the greatest pressure and it still looks like his putting is not up to the job.

He seemed to accept it too easily for my liking. I would have preferred if he had shown signs of falling out with himself.

I hope he proves me wrong.

ScottieD18

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 27 May 2013, 12:40 pm

it's highly unlikely imo that either Lee or Sergio will win a Major.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 27 May 2013, 1:24 pm

Anyone got any scores from Walton Heath?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Mon 27 May 2013, 2:58 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Anyone got any scores from Walton Heath?

Anyone with any updates yet?

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 27 May 2013, 3:06 pm

I found the final scores from the Japan qualifier (posted in the new OWGR thread) but have not seen any from Walton Heath.

Apparently the Euro Tour is running the sectional, and I found tee times, but have not been able to locate any scoring.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 27 May 2013, 4:13 pm

And even one of the pairings is wrong as Matteo is shown. He got an exemption for winning the PGA Championship.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Mon 27 May 2013, 4:25 pm

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2013/tournamentid=2013044/news/newsid=193883.html

Round up of the morning's play.

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 27 May 2013, 4:32 pm

EmmDee, Thanks! thumbsup

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Mon 27 May 2013, 4:33 pm

Unofficial, but better than nothing...

https://twitter.com/JamesHaddockSSN/status/339018078086115329/photo/1

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 27 May 2013, 4:45 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:And even one of the pairings is wrong as Matteo is shown. He got an exemption for winning the PGA Championship.

Those pairings were made the other day. Matteo was going to play in the qualifier if he had played bad this past weekend.

Nice to see Ollie in position to go to Merion. I would like to see Monty have a good round this afternoon.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Mon 27 May 2013, 5:10 pm

Wow, Casey with a 64 in rd.2... so we may see him at Merrion after all...?

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Mon 27 May 2013, 5:13 pm

Larrazabal follow the 67 with a 77 in rd.2... Shocked

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon 27 May 2013, 7:30 pm

6 man playoff for 5 spots including Ollie and David Howell.

https://twitter.com/JamesHaddockSSN/status/339074414790459393

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 28 May 2013, 9:11 am

http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/lowry-shows-why-hes-one-of-the-great-entertainers-29300589.html
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 28 May 2013, 3:47 pm

I think this is MM's fourth European tour win and he's only just turned 20 ?
Anyone else had that kind of strike rate at such a young age ? Rory wasn't prolific so I'm guessing not him, possibly Seve ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Tue 28 May 2013, 4:19 pm

Talking of modern era and only the two main tour wins, I don't think anybody gets close to Matteo's 4 wins at the age he is at now... Seve and Sergio had 2 as far as I can tell. But Seve started to win loads very quickly when he was 20, 21, so it'll be interesting to revisit this stat in 1, 2 years time... I don't expect Matteo will have a very similar trajectory anyway, he's a different type of temperament and style compared to Seve anyway... except for the green trousers, of course...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3