The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toy Soldiers / Women You Would Do From Times Gone By

+12
super_realist
JuliusHMarx
Adam D
Galted
Rowley
The Womble
MIG
Hero
Stella
ONETWOFOREVER
Mind the windows Tino.
Shot 21 LCFC
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Toy Soldiers / Women You Would Do From Times Gone By Empty Toy Soldiers / Women You Would Do From Times Gone By

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 15 May 2013, 10:16 am

Who remembers this film? One of my favourite of all time.

Now first off I need to clear something up. Most people will automatically think this is the film abou the toy soldiers who come to life and try to take over the world, but it is not that: that film was called Small Soliders.

Toy Soldiers starred Sean Astin and Louis Gossett Jr and was about a boarding school in America which got held hostage by a terrorist who was asking for political prisoners to be released. A bunch of rebellious troublesome youths, led by Astin (who was a lot thinner than in his Lord Of The Ring days) take it upon themselves to do something about it.

It really is a great film and I reccomend it to anyone who hasnt seen it before.

Alternatively if people can also discuss women that they had crushes on from past decades that would be swell!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Shot 21 LCFC on Wed 15 May 2013, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Toy Soldiers / Women You Would Do From Times Gone By Empty Re: Toy Soldiers / Women You Would Do From Times Gone By

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 10:18 am

Didn't you say Dog Soldiers was your favourite film once?

Do you like any films without Soldiers in the title?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Toy Soldiers / Women You Would Do From Times Gone By Empty Re: Toy Soldiers / Women You Would Do From Times Gone By

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 May 2013, 10:19 am

You on about the eminem song???

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 15 May 2013, 10:19 am

I remember it and I'm not a fab, tbh.

Astin was in California man as well I think. Now that was pretty decent.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 15 May 2013, 10:20 am

Laugh

Your right Dog Soldiers is also another fave, but thats purely coincidental and they are the only 2 with "soldiers" in the title!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 15 May 2013, 10:24 am

I was hoping the thread was about Martika.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 15 May 2013, 10:26 am

Hero wrote:I was hoping the thread was about Martika.

She was my first thought as well.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 15 May 2013, 10:30 am

I preferred Cathy Dennis though to be honest.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 15 May 2013, 10:33 am

Mmm, not bad. A young Belinda Carlisle was better heart
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 15 May 2013, 10:33 am

I love Toy Soldiers too. And California Man!

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 15 May 2013, 10:39 am

Stella wrote:Mmm, not bad. A young Belinda Carlisle was better heart

I see your Belinda Carlisle and raise you fellow Go-Gos Jane Wieldlin.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 15 May 2013, 10:43 am

Hero wrote:

I'll trump you both with Wendy James from Transvision Vamp
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 15 May 2013, 10:54 am

Hero wrote:

Loved 'Rush Hour' a great cheesy pop tune.

I'l see your Jane and raise you Bananarama Whistle
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 10:59 am

Stella wrote:
Hero wrote:

Loved 'Rush Hour' a great cheesy pop tune.

I'l see your Jane and raise you Bananarama Whistle

Kim Wilde.

Still would now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 15 May 2013, 11:09 am

Debbie Gibson & Tiffany.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 11:12 am

Hero wrote:Debbie Gibson & Tiffany.

At the same time?

You've got no hope.

Carol Decker?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 May 2013, 11:34 am

Was always a fan of Claire Grogan of Altered Images and Gregory's Girl fame.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 15 May 2013, 11:48 am

Rowley wrote:Was always a fan of Claire Grogan of Altered Images and Gregory's Girl fame.

Wasn't she Kochansky in Red Dwarf as well?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 May 2013, 11:48 am

No idea, never watched it

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 15 May 2013, 11:50 am

Philistines! No mention of Susannah Hoffs of The Bangles.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 15 May 2013, 11:55 am

Blondie?

Had a thing for the bird out of Deacon Blue as well.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 11:56 am

Stevie Nicks.

Even after Mick Fleetwood had been up it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 15 May 2013, 12:01 pm

I'm gonna say her again. Wendy James. Loved her!!

The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 May 2013, 12:02 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

What a charming turn of phrase Tina. Has seanmichaels hacked your account by any chance?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 15 May 2013, 12:05 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:I'm gonna say her again. Wendy James. Loved her!!

I was in love with her as well in my teens. Luckily I never heard any interviews back then, she really is a space cadet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 12:15 pm

Rowley wrote:

What a charming turn of phrase Tina. Has seanmichaels hacked your account by any chance?

It does sound a bit Seanlike doesn't it.

Although he is way too dim to hack into someones account.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 15 May 2013, 12:28 pm

Have to agree on Wendy James, had the Smash Hits poster on the wall of her.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 12:35 pm

I always liked Cher in that video on the battleship. I am a bit ashamed of it now but I used to rather enjoy the strange thong/leotard thing she was wearing. It looked like a piece of fishing line cutting through a ball of Edam.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 15 May 2013, 12:36 pm

Did I read that Hero used to "Smash It" with regards to the Wendy james poster on his wall.

Wont somebody think of the children?

I would OK Debbie Gibson. Euphimism or not, you decide.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 15 May 2013, 12:36 pm

Just the thumbs?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 15 May 2013, 12:38 pm

Laugh Great job keepin my thread on topic lads!!!

I have now changed the thread so all your discussions are suitable...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 May 2013, 12:45 pm

Always had a soft spot for Harriott Wheeler from the Sundays. One for the studenty indie fan types amongst us that one

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 12:49 pm

Rowley wrote:Always had a soft spot for Harriott Wheeler from the Sundays. One for the studenty indie fan types amongst us that one

Just googled her Jeff but I wish I hadn't.

I am less embarrassed by my Cher shout now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 15 May 2013, 12:52 pm

Jeffs first choice for singing hottie was Moira Anderson so you got away lightly with Harriott Wheeler.

How about of B*witched action? Although you would need a denim condom possibly.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 1:01 pm

Justine Frischmann. Now she was a beauty. Although I think most of the 90's Britpop guys had a go with her.

Be like kicking a sausage up the high-street.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 May 2013, 1:21 pm

Seriously Tina? What has happened to you?

If we're talking girls from slightly obscure 90's indie bands it has to be Louise Wener from Sleeper, did not want to mention her though as the band were god awful.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 15 May 2013, 1:25 pm

Marina from Stingray.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 15 May 2013, 1:25 pm

Anyone remember the poor mans Transvision Vamp (thats Greece style poor) - Daisy Chainsaw?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 1:25 pm

Rowley wrote:

Seriously Tina? What has happened to you?

If we're talking girls from slightly obscure 90's indie bands it has to be Louise Wener from Sleeper, did not want to mention her though as the band were god awful.

Sorry, I really don't know whats got into me.

I always had a strange attraction to Shirley Manson from Garbage. Although the band were, indeed, garbage.

Gwen Stafani from No Doubt. Hot as you like.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 15 May 2013, 1:30 pm

Cerys Matthews was seriously sexy, especially in the Dead From The Waist down video.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 15 May 2013, 1:31 pm

+1 for Louise Wener as well as Shirley from Garbage.

Never that much a fan of Justine from Elastica but preferred the guitarist Donna.

Sonya from Echobelly.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 15 May 2013, 1:37 pm

Nina Persson from The Cardigans was quite sexy. As was/is Sharleen Spiteri
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 1:37 pm

Don't hold it against me, but I always had a weird attraction to Skin from Skunk Anansie.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 May 2013, 1:44 pm

Pepsi and Shirly....

only head tho.

The Corrs with big brother tied up and watching just for the freak in me.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 15 May 2013, 1:45 pm

Tracey from The Primitives was quite a cutie, reminded me of the prostitute who gets killed by the chainsaw in American Psycho.

& Nena of 99 Red Balloons fame, she's still doable in her 50s.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 15 May 2013, 1:45 pm

Charlotte Church!
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 May 2013, 1:46 pm

bird from 2 unlimited

with the guy tied up and watching.

Last edited by ONETWOFOREVER on Wed 15 May 2013, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 May 2013, 1:47 pm

Galted wrote:

Yeah, but the armpits?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 May 2013, 1:48 pm

Bird from Roxette

with the guy tied up and watching

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 15 May 2013, 1:49 pm

Galted wrote:

Yeah, but the armpits?

She shaves them these days, mainly wears sleaves as well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next