The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep

+9
Stella
JuliusHMarx
sodhat
The Womble
Galted
super_realist
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
Adam D
13 posters

Go down

Sleep Empty Sleep

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 6:31 pm

That’s precisely what I did during a screening of The Phantom Menace. Falling asleep at the cinema from a monetary perspective is wasteful, but if the environment is comfortable enough and the film sufficiently boring, it somehow seems inevitable for snoozing to occur.

So the question is simply this: have you dozed off at the cinema, and which film helped you to get some shut-eye?

Back to top Go down

Sleep Empty Re: Sleep

Post by Adam D Wed May 15, 2013 6:36 pm

I once went to watch the first 3 Alien films back to back at an Odeon in Stoke.

I feel asleep before the chestbursting scene and woke up during the credits of Alien 3.

This is not a reflection of the films I might add!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed May 15, 2013 6:44 pm

The one Harry Potter film I went to see sent me to sleep almost immediately. I can't remember which one it was but I lasted about 15 minutes before getting a good couple of hours of shut-eye.

Not a film, but I took my wife, at her request, to see the stage show of Wicked for her birthday. I got really good seats at the front and also paid for her best friend and her husband to come so we could all make a day of it.

The opening 20 minutes were so utterly appalling that I fell asleep through the rest of the production. Mrs Windows has pretty much hated me ever since.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 pm

I used to do it regularly, used to work nights so was a little sleep deprived. Used to go the cinema regularly when I first started dating TSMR and fell asleep through a number of films. Fell asleep through A Bugs Life, Ants and Enemy of the State. Think the latter was my longest kip, woke up before Gene Hackman had even appeared.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Adam D wrote:I once went to watch the first 3 Alien films back to back at an Odeon in Stoke.

I feel asleep before the chestbursting scene and woke up during the credits of Alien 3.

This is not a reflection of the films I might add!

I don't think sleeping at the cinema is uncommon, but sleeping through a trilogy! Shocked Harry Potter I can understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Fell asleep through the first Lord of the Rings.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed May 15, 2013 6:58 pm

super_realist wrote:Fell asleep through the first Lord of the Rings.

You could get a full nights kip and still catch the end of it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed May 15, 2013 7:02 pm

The Grudge 2 sent me to sleep.

Some film with Clive Owen playing King Arthur (I think) also did the trick.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed May 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Watched Robocop with a mate of mine who was in the army. He pretty much slept through the whole of it but woke up with a jolt each time there was gunfire.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Rowley wrote:
super_realist wrote:Fell asleep through the first Lord of the Rings.

You could get a full nights kip and still catch the end of it.

Walked out of the third one for that very reason, way too long and boring.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed May 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Galted wrote:Watched Robocop with a mate of mine who was in the army. He pretty much slept through the whole of it but woke up with a jolt each time there was gunfire.

Every two minutes then!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The Grudge 2 sent me to sleep.

Some film with Clive Owen playing King Arthur (I think) also did the trick.

Ah, good ol' Clive Owen. Tried to watch Children of Men twice. On both occasions it really was "eyes wide shut".

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed May 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Adam D wrote:
Galted wrote:Watched Robocop with a mate of mine who was in the army. He pretty much slept through the whole of it but woke up with a jolt each time there was gunfire.

Every two minutes then!

What's happened to the Movie Cup? Must be well over a week since my last humiliation.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed May 15, 2013 7:34 pm

I fell asleep during Toys starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Dead Poets Society...starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Bi-Centenial Man.....starring Robin Williams. Hmmmm, must be something about him.

I also fell asleep, then woke up and walked out of The Royal Tenenbaums. I walked out of Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation and walked out of Striptease.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed May 15, 2013 7:45 pm

If you fell asleep, you should have at least got your money's worth by staying in the cinema for some kip.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed May 15, 2013 7:51 pm

I once fell asleep whilst typing out a pozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed May 15, 2013 7:53 pm

I fell asleep for about 10 seconds whilst watching the 2nd Lord Of The Rings film. Not that I didn't like it. My wife (then girlfriend) wasn't happy, as she hated the film.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed May 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The one Harry Potter film I went to see sent me to sleep almost immediately. I can't remember which one it was but I lasted about 15 minutes before getting a good couple of hours of shut-eye.

Not a film, but I took my wife, at her request, to see the stage show of Wicked for her birthday. I got really good seats at the front and also paid for her best friend and her husband to come so we could all make a day of it.

The opening 20 minutes were so utterly appalling that I fell asleep through the rest of the production. Mrs Windows has pretty much hated me ever since.

I am pretty sure she hated you before this incident too.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed May 15, 2013 7:59 pm

Stella wrote:I fell asleep for about 10 seconds whilst watching the 2nd Lord Of The Rings film. Not that I didn't like it. My wife (then girlfriend) wasn't happy, as she hated the film.

It's got sod-all to do with sleep, I know, but I watched the first Lord of the Rings with a girl who not only hates any type of fantasy films but was coked off her head & made these really annoying sucking/slurping sounds whenever Viggo Mortensen was on screen then laughed insanely.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed May 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Big booty nurses vol 5...

fell fast asleep after about 15 minutes

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed May 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Galted wrote:
Stella wrote:I fell asleep for about 10 seconds whilst watching the 2nd Lord Of The Rings film. Not that I didn't like it. My wife (then girlfriend) wasn't happy, as she hated the film.

It's got sod-all to do with sleep, I know, but I watched the first Lord of the Rings with a girl who not only hates any type of fantasy films but was coked off her head & made these really annoying sucking/slurping sounds whenever Viggo Mortensen was on screen then laughed insanely.

I take it she's not Mrs Galted Very Happy

Funnily enough, I watched the first one with a different girl, who loved the books, and therefore got me into it.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed May 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Adam D wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The one Harry Potter film I went to see sent me to sleep almost immediately. I can't remember which one it was but I lasted about 15 minutes before getting a good couple of hours of shut-eye.

I am pretty sure she hated you before this incident too.

Almost certainly, Adam.

Not a sleep related story but I once went to the cinema a few years back on my own to watch Paranormal Activity as my wife hates horror films (and me) and there was a young couple in front who started necking each other really loudly. They were quite tall as well and I couldn't see all the screen as their fat heads were in the way. I actually had to tap the chap on the shoulder and ask him to either stop snogging or sit lower down in the seat.

It was at that point, sitting on my own in a cinema asking a young couple to stop kissing that I wondered what happened to my life.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed May 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Stella wrote:
I take it she's not Mrs Galted Very Happy

Correct. Her choice not to be Mrs Galted though, not mine, I would still have been up for it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Fell asleep through some of Sweeny Todd.

I was a bit hungover to be honest, but it was a good time to catch on some sleep.

Also fell asleep through most of Evan Almighty.
Nothing to do with drink there.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed May 15, 2013 10:53 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:I fell asleep during Toys starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Dead Poets Society...starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Bi-Centenial Man.....starring Robin Williams. Hmmmm, must be something about him.

I also fell asleep, then woke up and walked out of The Royal Tenenbaums. I walked out of Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation and walked out of Striptease.

Shocked You walked out of Striptease!!??!!??

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed May 15, 2013 10:55 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:I fell asleep during Toys starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Dead Poets Society...starring Robin Williams. I fell asleep during Bi-Centenial Man.....starring Robin Williams. Hmmmm, must be something about him.

What about Insomnia with Robin Williams?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed May 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:

Limped out possibly.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Thu May 16, 2013 12:51 am

I haven't been to the cinema since Jurrasic Park 2 but at home i have fell asleep during every Harry Potter film.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu May 16, 2013 1:06 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:

Yeh, it was cack plus I didn't think Demi Moore was all that. Showgirls was much better.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu May 16, 2013 1:07 am

Stella wrote:

What about Insomnia with Robin Williams?

Ironically.........no Smile

More surprisingly I didn't try to top myself after watching Mrs Doubtfire.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down