The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster's back 3 next season!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Munster's back 3 next season!!!! Empty Munster's back 3 next season!!!!

Post by Big Mac Michael Tue 14 May 2013 - 22:25

Munster will have a back 3 of Conway, Zebo, and Jones which would frighten any team in Europe. I've been watching Conway for years,his blistering pace and acceleration is better than Zebo's, perhaps lacking in confidence, however with game time,that will come.During the u20 RWC, he equalled the try scoring record,set by Zack Guilford. Conway was the best winger(IMO) in the u20 side that contained Zebo and Gilroy.

Big Mac Michael

Back to top Go down

Munster's back 3 next season!!!! Empty Re: Munster's back 3 next season!!!!

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 14 May 2013 - 23:01

Yeah Munster have silly resources in the back 3 next season.

Conway has been in really good form for Leinster in the last month and a bit. He's looked really good and started scoring tries and beating defenders which has improved his metres gained stats (but in a good way)

He does have weaknesses but game time will hopefully sort them out.

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Tue 14 May 2013 - 23:29

Based on a lot of potential though. If Conway and Jones deliver on their promise and remain fit then that's potentially great. They have both had dips in form and troubles with injury so fingers crossed for a smooth season for them. Zebo for me is all class and will walk into the team. Earls moving to the wing would be welcome too.

Good depth but not proven top class consistent performers yet (Zebo aside).

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by debaters1 Wed 15 May 2013 - 1:10

Hopefully Jones will get a good run free of injury, he was seriously in contention of going to the 2011 RWC and then injury prevented that, since that lay off he has not been as good or as self assured. A short tour with either of the Ireland squads and a rest before pre season with no injury worries and he might hit the ground running.

Zebo will be at 11 for sure, Conway has every chance of being 14 and as mentioned by Stand, Earls will be in that back 3 mix too, especially now that (hopefully) the real Lualala has shown up.

Now, I think Earls could be an excellent 13 but others on here disagree, and i can see their arguments (passing/NON-passing etc) but whomever takes over at 13 for Munster and Ireland, they will not be as good as BOD, in one single aspect of the game never mind matching his all round ability, though Earls does beat an extraordinary amount of first up defenders which then serves to highlight his passing decisions. This does not make them a bad player, just simply not as good as one of the best 13's ever to play the game.

So if it is Cave, Earls, Bowe, O'Malley, AN Other, you, me or your ma replace him, afford them the fact that they won't be as good as BOD before branding them as inadequate.

debaters1

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 15 May 2013 - 9:22

debaters1 wrote:Hopefully Jones will get a good run free of injury, he was seriously in contention of going to the 2011 RWC and then injury prevented that, since that lay off he has not been as good or as self assured. A short tour with either of the Ireland squads and a rest before pre season with no injury worries and he might hit the ground running.

Zebo will be at 11 for sure, Conway has every chance of being 14 and as mentioned by Stand, Earls will be in that back 3 mix too, especially now that (hopefully) the real Lualala has shown up.

Now, I think Earls could be an excellent 13 but others on here disagree, and i can see their arguments (passing/NON-passing etc) but whomever takes over at 13 for Munster and Ireland, they will not be as good as BOD, in one single aspect of the game never mind matching his all round ability, though Earls does beat an extraordinary amount of first up defenders which then serves to highlight his passing decisions. This does not make them a bad player, just simply not as good as one of the best 13's ever to play the game.

So if it is Cave, Earls, Bowe, O'Malley, AN Other, you, me or your ma replace him, afford them the fact that they won't be as good as BOD before branding them as inadequate.

Zebo and Conway both super exciting, but it's Felix that's got to be the worry, for all the reasons that debaters gives above OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 15 May 2013 - 10:28

Yeah Felix has looked poor for quite some time, really one dimensional since coming back from his most recent injury.

He doesn't seem to try to step people just beat them for pace which is a bit frustrating.

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by debaters1 Wed 15 May 2013 - 11:37

Ah Pete, that's a bit harsh, he scored a nice try against Cardiff if memory serves with several cutbacks inside the defenders weak shoulder. But i take your poin t in that I can only think of that one example. As I said above, if he can remain injury free and thus concentrate on being a a full back rather than being a fit rugby player, hopefully the confidence and variety to his game will return. Fingers crossed anyway!

debaters1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down