The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plumpton

4 posters

Go down

Plumpton Empty Plumpton

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 12 May 2013, 5:51 pm

Had my first ever trip to the horse racing today, at Plumpton Race course. Very enjoyable day, even though the rain started to fall near the end.

Lost 30 quid, spent money on over priced Beer and a Dry Burger. But very good time and it has got me into Horse Racing as a whole.

Stupid On Its Day!!!!!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Plumpton Empty Re: Plumpton

Post by racingnut Wed 15 May 2013, 9:59 am

Glad you enjoyed your first foray into "a day at the races".Racing is all things to all men,it can be a family fun day out,an excuse for a few bets and a beer with your mates,a celebration or social occasion or a serious attempt to win money.As a value for money sport it offers far better for your outlay than watching any class of football or cricket and if granted some decent weather theres very few places better than a nice picturesque racecourse.I was at Sedgefield yesterday,the quality of racing was pretty mundane at best but the weather was ok and i met a few old racing friends from moons back,had a good chinwag,a beer or two and one bet produced one winner so all is right with the world.Supposed to be at York today but monsoon like conditions up here in the North so ive it a swerve and watch CH4 instead.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 16 May 2013, 4:53 pm

Well said racingnut,
Been over here for thirty years and miss the racing more than anything.
So accessible, plenty of tracks within fifty miles of most centres of population, many easily get-to-able via public transport, and a great afternoon out at little expense.

Last time home had an afternoon spare in London so drove to Yarmouth, never been there before, cool and drizzly, didn't know the horses, didn't have a bet, but lovely day out. Can't beat it.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 16 May 2013, 6:02 pm

I've been to Yarmouth twice Kwini and I agree it's a very nice day out.

I have no clue about betting, but it's all good fun at the end of the day
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum