The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and Worst Away Support 2012-13

+17
Breadvan
Standulstermen
sams
Artful_Dodger
craigchalmers
Feckless Rogue
Imperialbigdave
Ozzy3213
MrsP
Scrumdown
thebluesmancometh
IanBru
Notch
2ndtimeround
ScarletSpiderman
LeinsterFan4life
21st Century Schizoid Man
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best and Worst Away Support 2012-13 - Page 2 Empty Best and Worst Away Support 2012-13

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 05 May 2013, 1:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

For Glasgow Warriors best has to be Ulster (size and noise) and Northampton (size and party animals)

Worst Ospreys (all one of him) although he did make more noise than the 200 or so MFL supporters at Scotstoun in December.

Back to top Go down

Best and Worst Away Support 2012-13 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best and Worst Away Support 2012-13

Post by theslosty Mon 06 May 2013, 10:11 am

Artful_Dodger wrote:
Scrumdown wrote:
MrsP wrote:Scrumdown.

I have never seen such utter, uninformed, misconceived rubbish posted here. And, believe me, there has been plenty of that!

You could not be more wrong if you had taken an honours degree in wrongness and got a first!

If anyone in the crowd were shouting "Stand up for the Northern Ireland Protestant man!" you could have a point but that is not what we sing.

And we sing it just as loudly for Nick Williams as we do for Paul Marshall.

You are talking utter, complete and total rubbish!

Your just unwilling to deal with the reality of the fact that SUFTU is an inappropriate song to sing given the history of Northern Ireland especially when it is sung in conjunction with waving the Northern Ireland flag.

You don't need to sing 'stand up for the northern ireland protestant man' because we already know exactly what you mean when your there waving the northern Ireland flag!

There are Ulster fans from all community backgrounds on this board and they will all tell you that you are talking absolute garbage. Ulster rugby traditionally would be more associated with the Protestant community here, but as an Ulster fan from a Catholic background I have never experienced any level of sectarianism, not even on an anecdotal basis at Ulster rugby. I think you know all of this anyway and you're just a nasty little troll.

Dodger has just said anything that I could say. OK

The best away support I have seen at Ravenhill without a shadow of the doubt is the blue and yellow army of Clermont. Ulster scrapped to a win that day but you still knew where the Clermont brigade was.. I cannot say that for many teams.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Best and Worst Away Support 2012-13 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best and Worst Away Support 2012-13

Post by Breadvan Mon 06 May 2013, 10:12 am

Risca Rev wrote:The Scarlets are the best bunch in the Rabo. That's probably because people won't see the perks of travelling to glorious Newport, so we don't get the benefits really. The Scarlets are vocal and because they tend to all congregate in the same area, they make their presence felt.

I also remember going to the Liberty for Ospreys v Scarlets and though they were at the back of the one stand they didn't stop singing all evening.

Hey Risc....It'll be good to see a team finally winning at RP next season.

with County getting promoted Run Wink
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by MDB Mon 06 May 2013, 12:03 pm

Have to say i think Exeter had some of the best fans to visit the RDS this year. Almost found myself joining in with their chant from time to time!!!

I would have to agree that the Ospreys travelling support is pretty poor, both in terms of numbers and banter.

MDB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 1:29 pm

Breadvan wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:The Scarlets are the best bunch in the Rabo. That's probably because people won't see the perks of travelling to glorious Newport, so we don't get the benefits really. The Scarlets are vocal and because they tend to all congregate in the same area, they make their presence felt.

I also remember going to the Liberty for Ospreys v Scarlets and though they were at the back of the one stand they didn't stop singing all evening.

Hey Risc....It'll be good to see a team finally winning at RP next season.

with County getting promoted Run Wink

That's about a season out of date, but nice one Very Happy . I'd be surprised if County win many next season, being a league above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2