The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dwayne Bravo replaces Darren Sammy as West Indies ODI captain; Sammy remains Test and T20 captain

3 posters

Go down

Dwayne Bravo replaces Darren Sammy as West Indies ODI captain; Sammy remains Test and T20 captain Empty Dwayne Bravo replaces Darren Sammy as West Indies ODI captain; Sammy remains Test and T20 captain

Post by Shelsey93 Sat 04 May 2013, 22:28

As the title suggests.

An interesting move, and irrational in my view. WI have been disappointing in away ODIs (lost to Bangladesh a few times and hammered in both England and Australia) but it is hard to put your finger on exactly why that is. Certainly, I don't imagine that Bravo can change anything. Sammy's performances as a cricketer have been good, so I doubt its because they want to drop him...

In the long term Sammy may need replacing as Test captain. However, it is too early for that at the moment as they can't afford to do without the solid captaincy that Sammy offers and there is little in the way of viable alternatives. Bravo is no more a Test player than Sammy so I shouldn't think they'll go that way.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Dwayne Bravo replaces Darren Sammy as West Indies ODI captain; Sammy remains Test and T20 captain Empty Re: Dwayne Bravo replaces Darren Sammy as West Indies ODI captain; Sammy remains Test and T20 captain

Post by KP_fan Sat 04 May 2013, 23:51

a move that defies rationale.
In fact it is an irrational move....almost entirely political .....and confirms what I stated yesterday in my CT rankings.
that WI has team spirit as an issue.......many political factions pulling the team in diffrent directions.

and they have kept Sammy in the squad......making a bad move into a worse one . WHY?

--if they are not going to pick him in the 11 of an ODI...how can he be justified being in the 11 of a T20 or test.
--if they pick him in the 11...how can he not be the captain in ODI when he is deemed succesful captain in other frorms

anyway....they are at the bopttom of the pile in my ranking Very Happy
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Dwayne Bravo replaces Darren Sammy as West Indies ODI captain; Sammy remains Test and T20 captain Empty Re: Dwayne Bravo replaces Darren Sammy as West Indies ODI captain; Sammy remains Test and T20 captain

Post by shivfan Sun 05 May 2013, 08:09

Well, Sammy is in the 15, not the 11, which I suppose was the contention....

It could well be that Dwayne Bravo and Sammy are competing for one spot. I don't see anything wrong with having a split captaincy - Sammy has not been a successful ODI captain, and it's probably time to give someone else a chance.

Dwayne Bravo is nowhere near a recall to the Test team....

I question the assertion that Sammy is a successful Test captain - anyone could've captained WIndies to victory over New Zealand in a home series (as England will soon find out), Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. That said, he's holding on to the Test captaincy for now.

That said, I don't expect much from the WIndies in the 50-overs format....
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down