The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A plea to the moderators

+5
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Artful_Dodger
IanBru
Allty
TJ1
9 posters

Go down

A plea to the moderators Empty A plea to the moderators

Post by TJ1 Sat May 04, 2013 7:47 am

Will you please deal more strongly with the unpleasant wums as epitomised by Taffineastbourne. There is a core of mainly welsh "fans" on here who do nothing but wind up and make personal attacks and if any criticism of wales could possibly be construed in any post they are all over the thread.

Discussion is good, personal attacks, deliberate trolling, and negative posting is not

it really does spoils these boards and could be dealt with easily.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

A plea to the moderators Empty Re: A plea to the moderators

Post by Allty Sat May 04, 2013 7:51 am

How do we define a negative post though

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat May 04, 2013 7:54 am

TJ, Seconded.

Any hint of pride in Scotland and Glasgow's achievements this season, and suddenly it's feeding time at the primate house.

It's important to point out that the vast majority of Welsh posters are absolutely fine, and some are a delight. Some bad characters do spoil it for the whole, though.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat May 04, 2013 7:55 am

Add Scrumdown to the list.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 7:55 am

IanBru wrote:TJ, Seconded.

Any hint of pride in Scotland and Glasgow's achievements this season, and suddenly it's feeding time at the primate house.

It's important to point out that the vast majority of Welsh posters are absolutely fine, and some are a delight. Some bad characters do spoil it for the whole, though.

We've all got them IanBru! No need to single out the Welsh. I'm sure you didn't mean to though.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat May 04, 2013 7:57 am

Taff and I rarely get on, but can I suggest we all take a big deep breath and relax. Honestly, it's not worth ruining things for other folks, and we can all keep it in check, even us road line painters. We all get too excited from time to time, lets not make this anti-Welsh - some of the best rugby followers come from there OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 7:58 am

clap As

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 8:00 am

I think there's a bit of a problem with perception here. Looking at your recent posts TJ, you have thrown these accusations at TIE, Bluesman and Ruby. That could give the impression a bit of the boy who cried wolf.

IanBru, the same could be said for anything though. Wales' achievements this season (well in the second half anyway) are jumped upon by people preferring to look at losses v Southern Hemisphere teams or friendlies. It's just the way it is really. Could be worse, you could be a Dragons fan and be in a position where you can't feel any pride Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat May 04, 2013 8:11 am

I am sick and tired of the unpleasantness -just look at taffineastbournes contributions to the glasgow thread.

I accept I may have gone OTT on one of these occasions and made this point to somone who perhpas did not deserve it but I feel very strongly that this ruins the boards.

Risca rev it simply is not true that this is two way.

I have had private message exchanges with a mod who accepts some welsh fans are as touchy as sweating dynamite and asked me to back off to avoid upsetting them - not because I was wrong but because they would respond in such an OTT way

It really is obvious, it spoils these boards. A significant number of threads get ruined by these clowns and its unfortunate they aremainly welsh

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat May 04, 2013 8:12 am

IanBru wrote:

Agreed. Vast majority are fine

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat May 04, 2013 8:14 am

Rev you're right, of course. However, I think the 'it happens to us, so it's OK for it to happen to you' logic doesn't really stand up. If we think behaviour is wrong, from whichever quarter it comes, we should condemn it. Absolutely, we need perspective and some needling is inevitable, but it should always be good natured.

Asbo, I think excitement is one thing, but concerted efforts to derail discussions and belittle the views of other posters is not really on. If you can't take joy in a simple win without it being smeared, what is v2 for?

Griff, I'm glad you appreciate my intentions here - definitely not an attempt to paint Welsh posters in a bad light. OK
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat May 04, 2013 8:18 am

Just read page 2 of the Glasgow thread to see a perfect example

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat May 04, 2013 8:20 am

Guys, if you have an issue with a specific poster, Either report the poster or his offensive posts or alternatively PM a moderator or administrator.

The board has been running smoothly for a few weeks now, and the only way we can keep it that way is if everyone works together.

So first rule for an offensive post is not to respond to it.
Second rule is to report it.

I know it is rather hard to swallow your pride and not retaliate (beleive me I have to do it all the time) but when you respond you feed them.

The fact is when your resort in kind you are also guilty of breaking house rules, same as in rugby when the guy that retaliates get a yeelow card.

It is up to you.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat May 04, 2013 8:23 am

Biltong - Its a plea to you and the other mods to take action. I uswed Taff as an example and you can seeon two threads today his behaviour but he is far from the only one.

It really spoils the boards that these guys can do this continually - especially whent ehy are also caplable of having good discussions if they want - but if they are not pulled up for this they know they can get away with it

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat May 04, 2013 8:26 am

TJ, i understand, however when you guys respond you make our taks twice as diffcult.

If you guys report and ignore the poster, then we only have to deal with cleaning up his posts, but when you guys respond it makes the taks infinitely more difficult to firstly clean up a thread and secondly having to now reprimand more than one poster.

You need to understand when one poster insults and those responding insults as well then both are guilty of breaking house rules.

When there is a to and fro slanging match it always escalates.

Last edited by Biltong on Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 am

From experience, team Wales only fans are the worst.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 am

Great points by Biltong. Some posters are clearly on the WUM, but for others it is often in defence of our own teams when we unwittingly become the aggressor. I have to say that in recent times some of TJs posts have riled me to the point of explosion, I've starting writing things but have then deleted them after a moment of clarity and a pause for thought. We're all feeling that our teams in one way or another are not getting the recognition that they deserve from other posters on here and we're venting out frustrations - often by pointing out the oppositions weaknesses, etc. It's so easy to do and to overstep the mark. But like Biltong suggests, that's what the Mods are for. Let them sort it and ignore the blatant WUMs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat May 04, 2013 8:30 am

Thank you Griff, if you remember this morning we had a thread that threatened to escalate, eventually I had to clean up a thread with more than one poster getting personal.

It is really so much easier when the offended poster do not respond.

And I agree we are passionate about our teams and do feel that we have to defend them, but clarity is necessary also in assessing the post you want to defend against, I think we all know when someone is deliberately trying to WUN.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat May 04, 2013 8:34 am

Griff -

I do not intend to infuriate and will apologise if I do - however I do realise I can appear abrasive. Infact would you PM me with an example of something that infuriated you? I do not do this deliberatly

BIltong - I started this because from what I have seen people simply continue to do this without fear of reprimand. I think a tougher stance is needed - hand out the bans - a day for first offence, 2 for second and so on.

I'll accept my bans if they are due!

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat May 04, 2013 8:40 am

Oh FFS TJ grow a pair...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat May 04, 2013 8:44 am

DOD, if TJ feels strongly about this issue then allow him the courtesy of stating his case.

If you don't have any issues then move along.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat May 04, 2013 8:45 am

Right gonna lock this thread while the mods discuss some issues.

So to summarise:

Please think about what you are posting - no one likes a WUM and it just ruins threads

If someone is on the wind up don't rise to them - report them - they will get bored if no one is talking to them

As always speak to a mod or admin if you have any issues.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Just wanted to post an apology to TJ publicly. I said that he'd annoyed me on a number of posts and implied he was on the wind up, but upon inspection it would seem that it was in fact another poster doing a lot of the winding up. A case of mistaken identity. Best not to name that other poster!

So, apologies TJ. I've let him know privately, but thought it best to let it be known here too.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat May 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Top man Griff clap

Need more of that on V2!

On that positive note I think I'll bring this thread to a close - thanks to everyone for their input.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down