The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SEMI FINAL RESULTS

2 posters

Go down

SEMI FINAL RESULTS Empty SEMI FINAL RESULTS

Post by Marky Wed 01 May 2013, 9:01 am

Southampton 1-2 West Bromwich Albion
(Hooper) (Lukaku, Brunt)

Votes: 1-2, 1-2, 2-3
Looking through both line-ups and the tactics. WBA look the more equipped, they've come with a game plan and it would work.
Defensively I feel they would frustrate Soton's source of play from the flanks by keeping a good disciplined shape breaking
down the attacks then having the formation and pace to hurt Soton on the counter. I also feel WBA would win the battle in
midfield but at times lack the support to Lukaku who has a frustrating day. Soton as always look dangerous up front who
are more than capable of punishing WBA. WBA to steel a late winner here for me.
equipped
An excellent game which could easily go either way with both teams having stronger areas than their opponents, however Lukaku is the best player on the pitch and the matchwinner. Very tight.
Close game but I feel both sides are capable of scoring, I think WBA edge it though as Ince and Brunt cause problems for the Southampton defence and the Southampton strikers are a little isolated with good pressure on the wingers.

Aston Villa 1-2 Fulham
(Mackie) (Ruiz, Berbatov)

Votes: 2-3, 0-2, 2-0
Both sides have played to their strengths who both provide the best attacking options in the league. I feel Fulham match
Aston Villa in both midfield and up front this week with Villa missing Bentake and looking a little toothless with Mackie
starting. Arguably Fulham look the stronger side defensively who easily cope with physical and high challenges and provide
a threat on set pieces. Villa will get most success by running at Fulham using their pace to cut across many chances scoring
very early on. However Fulham have a lot of width and pace themselves and in Berbatov a world class striker who snatches
the tie for Fulham
a tactical beatdown from Trebs this week, Playing on the 18 box to stop their pace in behind and Jamie Mackie not posing much of a threat against 2 CB's, It doesn't help that Marky has set up for Luiz Adriano who is sat on the Fulham Bench and Wanyama/Barry picking up Ruiz out wide is rather odd. im afraid can only see this ending one way and that's a win for the boys from Craven Cottage
I believe that Villa have enough quality all over the field to cope with whatever Fulham throw at them. Berbatov isn't the sort of player that likes to play counter-attacking football and would switch off. In real life Fulham try their hardest to accommodate him by playing a passing game and if they don't he'll drop deep to collect the ball leaving Fulham without front man. Also I don't rate Fulham's back-line. Samba is overrated and has mistake or two in him, as he has shown player for QPR on numerous occasions. And because this they would struggle to contain the attacking force of Gabby, Mackie, Weimann and Hernandez.

Final: West Bromwich Albion v Fulham, tactics due Friday night, sent to me.

Marky

Back to top Go down

SEMI FINAL RESULTS Empty Re: SEMI FINAL RESULTS

Post by Trebs Wed 01 May 2013, 9:19 am

:applause:

Well played Marky, I think Benteke was the main factor in why I won. Disappointed there's not that many predictions though.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 01 May 2013, 9:21 am

onlytreblewinners wrote::applause:

Well played Marky, I think Benteke was the main factor in why I won. Disappointed there's not that many predictions though.

I think had Benteke been fit it would have been even closer, typical he scores a hat trick IRL the same week he's injured Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down