The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lamont bros

3 posters

Go down

The Lamont bros Empty The Lamont bros

Post by bsando Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:01 pm

Sad to see Rory Lamont forced to retire due to his injuries. He was quite injury prone during his career but a great servant to Scottish rugby, certainly one of the finer Scottish players of the noughties. Cheers Ramont! Good luck with future endeavours!

This got me thinking about Sean Lamont. At 32 years old, he still looks very fit. Started in every 6 nations game this year, keeping players like Horne and Dunbar out of the side. I personally think these players should be ahead of him, but he deserves credit for keeping them out. He's still very physical and pretty damn fast as his try vs Italy showed. Could he still be wearing a Scotland jersey in 3 or 4 years time?

All I have to say is, fair play! clap

bsando

Back to top Go down

The Lamont bros Empty Re: The Lamont bros

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 27 Apr 2013, 4:42 pm

More like the Lament brothers. Cruelly robbed of game time through injury and then not utilised well. Sean Lamont is many things but a 13 he is not. Just as he probably doesn't deserve to be ahead of other players in for the 13 and indeed the winger spots, he deserves to be in the squad in his rightful position on the wing. Even if that means not starting. I'm sure he'd prefer to have playing time but sometimes it's best to recognise where you contribute the most and to bide your time to make that contribution.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sat 27 Apr 2013, 6:58 pm

Neither of the two players has any sense of self preservation, Rory Lamont went for things that he never should have won but he often did unfortunately often he got injured as well. If it weren't for injuries he would have been one of Scotland's great full-backs, unfortunately it wasn't to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down