The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Premier League...the most boring league in the world

+17
JamesLincs
imprettyfly
Good Golly I'm Olly
dummy_half
Mat
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
Stella
Imperial Ghosty
ONETWOFOREVER
CFCNick
Duty281
Bull
Ent
The Special Juan
JPX
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Premier League...the most boring league in the world - Page 2 Empty The Premier League...the most boring league in the world

Post by JPX Mon 22 Apr 2013 - 20:57

First topic message reminder :

The Premier League.........yet another mind numbingly boring season.........so Utd win another league title yawn yawn. So who do you think will win next season? Utd again probably.

It's like watching a horse race where there's 4 thoroughbreads consisting of a class 1 (Utd), a couple of so so's (City & Chelsea), 1 so so with a rider who is sat the wrong way round (Arsenal) and 16 donkeys about 20 furlongs behind.

Then there's scandel after scandel, poor sportsmanship, the "no respect campaign", Bring back the Olympics with athletes who know how to behave.

Disgraceful. Will not be renewing my Sky Sports subscription for next season.

Last edited by JPX on Mon 22 Apr 2013 - 21:03; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : should have proof read)

JPX

Back to top Go down

The Premier League...the most boring league in the world - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League...the most boring league in the world

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 18:13

JPX wrote:Is that it? Nobody can tell me why they come back season after season to watch the same antics? Guess I must be right.

It's not the same antics though is it? Not really.

Back to top Go down

The Premier League...the most boring league in the world - Page 2 Empty Re: The Premier League...the most boring league in the world

Post by JPX Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 21:50

Well no, but almost, that's what makes it boring...........for me anyway.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 21:51

JPX watch Stoke vs Norwich tomorrow.

That'll restore your faith in the Premier League Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 21:53

Olly wrote:JPX watch Stoke vs Norwich tomorrow.

JPX don't. Please don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 22:03

Ok, I'll give it a go for you Olly.

It all rests on this game......if its a good one my faith will be restored and I'll pay for my Sky subscription by next season.

Boring one and........well, you know the rest!

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 4:54

the race had been boring admittedly.

But many games are exiting and the race for cl spots, euro spots, relegation is still about.,.

just look at the german league or spanish league if you wanna see another one horse race this year.. its been the same for all 3 top leagues (also check out the french and italian- same can almost be said for them as well)- so at the end of the day your comparison is a bit shocking(especially this year) and clearly just a badly thought out un researched wum.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 11:41

Olly wrote:JPX watch Stoke vs Norwich tomorrow.

Well, I watched the.....ahem......"highlights". The highlight for me was Crouch missing an open goal from 3 yards, in fact he missed the ball entirely. Best league in the world!!! .........my veridct..................

Spoiler:

Last edited by JPX on Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 18:23; edited 1 time in total

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 11:47

well JPX you should follow the champonship more then. That is a league i really enjoy following. The pl is about the big games for me.,.,

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 11:54

Oh I do mysti, great division. Enoy it a lot more than the PL.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 28 Apr 2013 - 12:10

Same here tbh..

I am in a way hoping my team doesnt get in the prem just so i can still concentrate on the champs next season..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 6 May 2013 - 19:37

This debate is on TalkSPORT right now, shhhhh I have no direct or indirect interest in the station, but some of the points above may be referred to. Wink

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 7 May 2013 - 17:33

I don't know if EPL is boring, Im just here to defend La Liga's honour. It may be a two horse race, but not for lack of quality. This season they had four teams in the knockouts of the CL, Were one minute away from having 3 teams in the semis. Routinely have teams at the business end of the Europa league. Not to mention Atletico's dismantling of Chelsea. Players at bottom rung La Liga teams get to EPL and run their teams.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 27 Feb 2014 - 12:58

JPX wrote:
Duty281 wrote:This. I don't even support a club in the PL, but it's been wonderful to see United's resilience, Chelsea fall apart and rebuild, Tottenham growing in stature, Everton/Saints/Swansea/West Ham punching above their weight, and of course the controversy. Equally, it's been great to watch players such as RVP, Bale, Michu, Hazard, Wilshere, and, despite everything, Suarez. Bring on next season, but not too soon, the battle for the top 4 and survival is going right to the wire!

Horses for courses I suppose.

Same time next year to see Utd win, City second, Chelsea sack 3 more managers and battle it our with Arsenal and Spurs (who will get all excited about finishing in the top 4 again).

Can't think Liverpool fans feel excited about next season surely? Top 5 finish at best? (....or do they stil really think they can get top 4?)

Still the relegation fight might bring some interest I suppose.

Yep what a boring season this has been!  Laugh 

United not quite winning. A four-horse race for the title. Liverpool are probably more than excited, and there's about ten teams who can still go down.

How dull!  laughing 

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2