The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greatest Werewolf Film Is (May Contain Controversy)

+5
Galted
hornbloweroafc
JuliusHMarx
Hero
Shot 21 LCFC
9 posters

Go down

The Greatest Werewolf Film Is (May Contain Controversy) Empty The Greatest Werewolf Film Is (May Contain Controversy)

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 15:43

Dog Soldiers.

I absolutely love this film! Best werewolf film by miles for me. Now I know what 99% of people will say "what about American Werewolf In London?" - dont get me wrong that is a great film but Dog Soldiers is better IMO.

It has humour, tension, horror and it avoids all the cliches of Hollywood werewolf films. There is no love story with the boy and the girl riding off into the sunset afterwards. You dont get would be victims crying and begging for their life, they treat their soon to be death with sarcasm and bravado "Im gonna f*ckin avv you!!!!!!!!!!!" The best character has to be Spoon: "I hope I give you the sh*ts you f*ckin wimp!"

Anyone else agree or disagree?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Werewolf Film Is (May Contain Controversy) Empty Re: The Greatest Werewolf Film Is (May Contain Controversy)

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 15:49

The Greatest Werewolf Film Is...not in existence yet.

I don't think I've ever seen a good werewolf film. They're hard to pull off.

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Werewolf Film Is (May Contain Controversy) Empty Re: The Greatest Werewolf Film Is (May Contain Controversy)

Post by Hero Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:13

Azzy Mahmood wrote:The Greatest Werewolf Film Is...not in existence yet.

I don't think I've ever seen a good werewolf film. They're hard to pull off.

Is it because the hair gets matted on your hand?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:25

drumroll

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:35

I enjoyed the company of wolves. I also liked the film.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:47

Teen Wolf wins hands down!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 16:57

I agree with Shot regarding Dog Soldiers, absolutely love the film.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 17:44

Silver Bullet was pretty good.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Apr 2013 - 18:43

Frankenstein meets the wolfman...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 9:42

I like Dog Soldiers that much that I once watched it on a Friday, and then watched it again the following Tuesday.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 12:56

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I like Dog Soldiers that much that I once watched it on a Friday, and then watched it again the following Tuesday.

Had anything changed?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 14:40

No Laugh

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 23:22

Dog Soldiers is a good film , Pertwee steals it for me when he is being glued up Laugh

American Werewolf in London has to get a mention , it scarred the pants off me when i was younger .

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Apr 2013 - 23:24

sorry forgot to say ,

What ever happen to the follow up film Dog Soldiers 2 or whatever they were going to call it ?
I remember reading about it years ago , it was going to be set in the US .

Anyone know why it never got made ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 11:30

The Howling... it has aged most definitely but the sense of unease is much more deep rooted than simply in the werewolves themselves. There is something else that makes it quite spooky... it just has an atmosphere that is psychologically unsettling... especially in the early scenes when the female reporter is on the trail of a 'serial killer'.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat 20 Apr 2013 - 12:02

Kenny wrote:sorry forgot to say ,

What ever happen to the follow up film Dog Soldiers 2 or whatever they were going to call it ?
I remember reading about it years ago , it was going to be set in the US .

Anyone know why it never got made ?

Not sure. But part of me is glad as I cant see it ever getting close to the original.

And yeah Sarge is brilliant:

"My guts are hanging out!"
"We'll just have to put them back in then"
"THEY WONT F@CKIN FIT!!!"

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down