The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KP out of two test series vs NZ

+6
subhranshu.kumar.5
Duty281
liverbnz
msp83
Shelsey93
KP_fan
10 posters

Go down

KP out of two test series vs NZ Empty KP out of two test series vs NZ

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:15 am

Breaking news on SSN this morning that KP is out of the two test series against NZ..

probably not a big suprise however it is a blow...

i would expect this to be the side for the first test now

1.Cook (c)
2.Compton
3.Trott
4.Bell
5.Root
6.Bairstow
7.Prior (wk)
8.Broad
9.Anderson
10.Finn
11.Monty

Back to top Go down

KP out of two test series vs NZ Empty Re: KP out of two test series vs NZ

Post by KP_fan Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:23 am

blow......I would say a BODY Blow....they almost lost to bottom ranked NZ last time they played without KP
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:33 am

It really does make the batting look a little flaky when both Root and Bairstow are playing.

Bairstow's probably not nailed on. He had a poor winter and if Taylor outplays him in the Champ he could get in.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:14 am

Going in without KP would certainly make England less of a force than they would be with him in the side. Root has a touch of real class about him, and Bairstow is a determined batsman, but it won't be easy to step in for Pietersen, particularly so if Ian Bell doesn't find his consistency.
What about Swanny?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:21 am

Swann made some very upbeat comments in the media recently. My guess is he'll be OK.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:54 am

Blow for England, blow for Yorkshire.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:13 pm

KP_fan wrote:blow......I would say a BODY Blow....they almost lost to bottom ranked NZ last time they played without KP

I thought NZ were above WI and Bangladesh? Anyway, it was probably a hangover from beating India. OK

Probably means Bairstow and Root can now have a straight shoot-out for the No.6 spot in the Ashes, particularly since Root was very poor in NZ.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 5:09 pm

Ya a bit unfortunate news for England, but I believe England team is not totally dependent on Kp. This time they are playing at home and playing at home has always given a cheer on their face. Their other players are doing well. Cook, bell, prior have clicked most of the time. Their bowling was not at par with NZ last time but I hope these warriors will give a good battle this time.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 16 Apr 2013, 7:23 pm

I'd still back England to have enough for NZ without KP, especially at home, but they proved in NZ that they can't be underestimated and their bowling will be real threat early on.

It is a concern about the amount of cricket KP will play before the Ashes though and hopefully Jimmy T can score some serious runs in the CC and force his way in!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Wed 17 Apr 2013, 3:48 pm

With KP out of the NZ test series, it gives the selectors a real chance to evaluate playing Chris Woakes as the all-rounder at 7.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 18 Apr 2013, 8:46 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/Flintoff-sees-Pietersen-considering-Test-future-after-Ashes/articleshow/19617285.cms

Flintoff thinks KP will play 10 more tests for England...if not 5.
one more ashes...two at most.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 18 Apr 2013, 9:58 pm

Wouldn't be surprised in all fairness, KP will be 33 soon with a troubling injury. A double Ashes hurrah, cement your name as an England great, then spend the last few years of your career making enough money to set you up for the life in the various T20 franchises. Career and life sorted.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:00 pm

Get Hales/Taylor in there
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Thu 18 Apr 2013, 11:03 pm

KP tweeted the other day that he hoped to play for England for at least another 4 years.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Thu 18 Apr 2013, 11:04 pm

10 Tests is a long time. Who knows where this England team will be by then? Get beat twice and I wouldn't be surprised if KP calls it a day.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 19 Apr 2013, 8:16 am

Kevin Pietersen is not quite 33 yet.
the peak of a batsman is from about the age of 31 to atleast 37.....Dravid, VVSL, Lara and now Kallis & chanderpaul have shown they will go on until 39.....performing at near peak levels.

He will be gone as a test cricketer at 33 or at most 34.......devoiding England of his 3 to 6 years of top batsmanship.

what will England do without him Shocked ......when he doesn't play they lose to even NZ.

The sms-saga left a bad taste in his mouth....or perhaps deep inside his heart...he is simply managing his way out of it....to his best advantage

Out of test cricket at 34 playing only A-level opponents.........a legendary test batsman status confirmed.....and then a good 5 to 6 years of multi-million dollars of T20.

and some say tweeting his IPL salaries and sharing his 7 star comforts in the IPL with his less fortunate mates...he is the one responsible for passively brewing the revolt in the English camp

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Fri 19 Apr 2013, 8:37 am

KP_fan wrote:

what will England do without him Shocked ......when he doesn't play they lose to even NZ.

Man its true that kp is the one, England misses the most these days, but at the same time it is also not true that English team mostly depend on the him for all their win. Saying so is just like underestimating the greats like Cook, Trott, Bell, Prior. Its not fair.
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 19 Apr 2013, 8:54 am

KP_fan wrote:Kevin Pietersen is not quite 33 yet.
the peak of a batsman is from about the age of 31 to atleast 37.....Dravid, VVSL, Lara and now Kallis & chanderpaul have shown they will go on until 39.....performing at near peak levels.

He will be gone as a test cricketer at 33 or at most 34.......devoiding England of his 3 to 6 years of top batsmanship.

The sms-saga left a bad taste in his mouth....or perhaps deep inside his heart...he is simply managing his way out of it....to his best advantage

Out of test cricket at 34 playing only A-level opponents.........a legendary test batsman status confirmed.....and then a good 5 to 6 years of multi-million dollars of T20.

and some say tweeting his IPL salaries and sharing his 7 star comforts in the IPL with his less fortunate mates...he is the one responsible for passively brewing the revolt in the English camp

I missed your drivel KP_fan, that laugh has set me up for the day. laughing

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 19 Apr 2013, 4:26 pm

subhranshu.kumar.5 wrote:
KP_fan wrote:

Man its true that kp is the one, England misses the most these days, but at the same time it is also not true that English team mostly depend on the him for all their win. Saying so is just like underestimating the greats like Cook, Trott, Bell, Prior. Its not fair.

those greats put together.....can barely hold for a draw against a side like NZ Shocked
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 19 Apr 2013, 4:39 pm

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/630448.html

On a side note, Anderson appears to be ready to get stuck into the Aussies. Based on some foolproof logic, England shall win:

England are better than India, India are level with Australia!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 19 Apr 2013, 7:46 pm

Duty281 wrote:http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/630448.html

On a side note, Anderson appears to be ready to get stuck into the Aussies. Based on some foolproof logic, England shall win:

thumbsup

yes..that's it....the Ashes strategy
Eng turn-up....and Aus roll over......because they are obligated to...because they lost to India...and because India lost to Eng.....and Aus bound by the obligations because Duty281 has so pronounced Yahoo

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 19 Apr 2013, 8:49 pm

If he stays fit, I don't see Pietersen giving up test cricket for another 3 years at least.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 19 Apr 2013, 9:01 pm

KP_fan wrote:
Duty281 wrote:http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/630448.html

thumbsup

yes..that's it....the Ashes strategy
Eng turn-up....and Aus roll over......because they are obligated to...because they lost to India...and because India lost to Eng.....and Aus bound by the obligations because Duty281 has so pronounced Yahoo

Yep, Michael Clarke has just read my post and sh@ himself.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by subhranshu.kumar.5 Sat 20 Apr 2013, 4:12 am

KP_fan wrote:
subhranshu.kumar.5 wrote:
KP_fan wrote:

those greats put together.....can barely hold for a draw against a side like NZ Shocked

I too respect peterson a lot and I too adore his batting but if you talk about England debacle in NZ where they had drawn the series, look back at the Pak series where England Lost 3-0. If played like a unit then only you will experience a win, and a single player can never let you row the boat when there is a hole in it, got it. laughing
subhranshu.kumar.5
subhranshu.kumar.5

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 7:47 pm

He's now also out of the Champions Trophy... my take is that they are being ultra-cautious in light of the 2009 achilles injury. He hasn't had surgery and as far as I'm aware the injury is not dreadfully serious. Thus, at this stage he should be fully fit for the Ashes.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 25 Apr 2013, 6:51 am

So KP's now out of the CT as well, blow for England chances there, but they would need him fully fit and firing for the ashes.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/632081.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 25 Apr 2013, 10:02 am

^He is making sure that he gets to play every one of his last 10 tests he has earmarked for himself Very Happy
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 28 Apr 2013, 8:50 pm

I don't think its a huge blow tbh even though England are arguably stronger with him, bowlers will still win matches in England.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 7:20 am

But then Shanky, NZ also have a pretty decent bowling unit and they also should enjoy the conditions. But Swanny should be back, and certainly that's advantage England.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:05 pm

I was talking about the Champions Trophy, msp. He is more of a loss in Tests for sure but they should still win.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:10 pm

England do have a lot going for them despite losing KP when they play ODI cricket in their backyard. The 2 new balls in English conditions, with the likes of Anderson, Finn and Broad should give them an advantage, and Graeme Swann is a master of ODI cricket as well.
But that batting lineup lack power, other than Morgan and the not yet established Butler, and it lacks flexibility, other than the establishing Root, and to a great extend Cook.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:07 pm

Don't think they will even need firepower. With their bowling attack in home conditions, 240 -250 is all they'd be chasing, at most. or probably less. They'll probably be tested more, if they bat first but I'm still backing them to win at home.

I'd have given us (India) half a chance if the idiots had the sense of picking Pujara.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 11:15 pm

I have been saying for quite a long time now that firepower up top is no longer of prime concern in ODIs. The current regulations favour teams that can make 150 for 3 or less wickets in the first 35 overs, then go for it in the last 15 and target 280-odd.

Cook, Bell, Root and to a lesser extent Trott have proved themselves to be perfectly capable of doing that. And Morgan and Buttler (msp, you are right in saying he is as yet not established) are good late order hitters. I say Trott to a lesser extent because I do feel he's less effective as taking advantage of bad bowling than the other three I mentioned. For that reason he slides down the order once Cook and Bell last more than 20 overs.

Of course, if somebody like Gayle can score faster than the England openers and stay in then that is great.

That said, England are far from nailed on to win this. The tournament format ensures that it will be very open with all eight teams having a decent chance of success. Hopefully the other teams will have worked out, as England did early on, the implications of the current rules.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 3:05 pm

Shelsey, you may not need the Jayasuriya like firepower up front in English conditions under the new regulations. But what you need is players who can score 10 an over in the last 10 in that case. Morgan on his day can do it, and so can Buttler. But other than Root, and to a lesser extend Cook, the England top order batsmen are not good enough to provide that powerful finish. If the England top order bats up to the 35-40 over and score 170 180 and then if they find themselves in a position where they lose quick wickets, the hitters will be caught in a difficult position. What England really lack is an innings builder who can stay through and change the tempo of the innings. I don't see Bell or Trott doing that. Bell at times can get off to a quickish start, but I haven't really seen him successfully upping the tempo of a knock where he got off to a slowish start.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 3:10 pm

Shanky, agree on Pujara. Think they should try him up front along with Shikhar Dhawan for an extended period rather than going back to Gambhir or Sehwag. Ajinkya Rahane hasn't quite taken his opportunities in ODIS, Rohit Sharma is no international class and anyways he's not really opening material in conditions where the ball moves around. Pujara has the technique and temperament, and ones set, he can score quickly as well. He wasn't fit when the 30 was declared, they still have the option of picking him. I have a feeling they'll go back to Gambhir, and some makeshift opener, Rahane/Sharma might be opening along with him.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Apr 2013, 7:08 pm

KP being ruled out of the champions trophy is a huge blow IMO, however it does mean Root will keep his place Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:23 pm

msp83 wrote:Shelsey, you may not need the Jayasuriya like firepower up front in English conditions under the new regulations. But what you need is players who can score 10 an over in the last 10 in that case. Morgan on his day can do it, and so can Buttler. But other than Root, and to a lesser extend Cook, the England top order batsmen are not good enough to provide that powerful finish. If the England top order bats up to the 35-40 over and score 170 180 and then if they find themselves in a position where they lose quick wickets, the hitters will be caught in a difficult position. What England really lack is an innings builder who can stay through and change the tempo of the innings. I don't see Bell or Trott doing that. Bell at times can get off to a quickish start, but I haven't really seen him successfully upping the tempo of a knock where he got off to a slowish start.

I agree that there are concerns about Trott in the last 15. But I feel that Cook, Bell and Root should be able to make use of the powerplays when well set - Bell sometimes has issues finding gaps outside of powerplays, but when on 100* I'd back him. Morgan and Buttler need to be prepared to get going from the off - which with their T20 skills they should be used to.

As I said, if Morgan is not in by about the 28th over then he'll be next in regardless of how many wickets are down (i.e. he can jump Trott and Root).

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 May 2013, 11:52 am

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/635257.html

Fitness boost for KP then.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down