The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NH Race of the Year?

3 posters

Go down

NH Race of the Year? Empty NH Race of the Year?

Post by Eyetoldyouso Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:52 am

I am really looking forward to the Melling Chase today. We have running the 2 best 2 mile 4 furlong chasers in the UK & Ireland in Cue Card & Flemenstar and the undoubted 2 mile Champion, and potential superstar, Sprinter Sacre.

If there are any doubts over Sprinter Sacre's stamina, both Cue Card & Flemenstar will be ridden to find this out. I had a conversation with an Irish racing journalist about 6 months ago and asked him how good is Flemenstar? His view was that on a flat track over 2 miles 4 furlongs - 3 miles, on decent ground "virtually unbeatable".

Has SS ever been really tested; I don't think so. The 2m chasing division is pretty weak. Today he faces a supreme test of his jumping ability at speed and stamina.

My prediction: SS, Flemenstar & Cue Card.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

NH Race of the Year? Empty Re: NH Race of the Year?

Post by sportform Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:03 pm

Sprinter Sacre won quite easily in the end. Cue Card gave him a good race but just didn't have enough class.

I would like to see Sprinter Sacre have a run in the King George in December over 3m. Ideally with Long Run and Bobs Worth in the race but don't see Nicky Henderson running all his top horses together.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 06 Apr 2013, 11:27 am

Sprinter Sacre is just about as an unrateable horses as there has ever been.Like Frankel on the flat you just dont know what hes got in the locker if needed.He WILL go to the King George next season as running against the current crop of 2 and 2m4 performers holds no gain for him.He is a monster,he is the best 2 and 2m4 horse that ive ever seen and with natural progression he could be one oif the best weve ever come across.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down