The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O2 arena question - help needed please.

3 posters

Go down

O2 arena question - help needed please. Empty O2 arena question - help needed please.

Post by bogbrush Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:40 pm

My eldest sons girlfriend plans to take him to the Masters finals and is asking me for advice; does she get best seats for a group match, or less good for a final or semi?

Obviously I've told her the group is a gamble; maybe it's Fed v Nole but maybe also it's Daveeed v Janko. But I can't comment on seating as I've never been there. There's no point watching even a great match from rubbish seats, or so I imagine.

Can anyone help? As specific as possible please, see seating plan for guidance.

http://www.theo2.co.uk/seating-plan/index.php?id=1624
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

O2 arena question - help needed please. Empty Re: O2 arena question - help needed please.

Post by Henman Bill Wed 27 Mar 2013, 9:43 pm

The top is very far away, but you still get a perfectly good view, but it's something of a TV view, whereas close up you notice things you wouldn't normally. There is a big jump up in height from lower tier to top tier.

I actually went front row one year (groups), last year I think, to see Federer, and there were so many lights behind the camera I was struggling to get good photos. I think row 3-5 for a group game is a solid choice.

If you just want to see top players rather than see a final, I would go to a group game, and it's overall better value for money.

Although I've done both. One year my semi final was Del Potro - Soderling and final another year Federer - Tsonga. Some group games are bigger matchups than that.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

O2 arena question - help needed please. Empty Re: O2 arena question - help needed please.

Post by bogbrush Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:50 pm

Thanks Bill, I'll pass this on.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 28 Mar 2013, 1:26 am

I have tickets for the semis. What ever session you pick you'll get two matches between singles and doubles. Tickers sell amazingly quickly, I got mine pre-public release through being an LTA member - you won't be able to get any tickets near the front red area now. I would avoid group matches on Saturdays as these can be dead rubbers or players who know they're through but don't want to push themselves ahead of semis on Sunday. I wanted to see some top4 players so picked Sems, if you're not fussed who you see then get a group match as they're alt cheaper and you'll get a lower down row ticket but either way I'll be amazed if you can get red area seats. Avoid seats directly behind players or perfectly in middle...seats around the corners are best in my opinion for sense of speed and depth. Hope this helps.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 28 Mar 2013, 2:17 am

Thanks lydian. Given its advice to my sons girlfriend I think she'll be pleased if he's pleased, and he'll be happy if he sees a decent player(s). And they'll both be pleased anyway.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 28 Mar 2013, 8:21 am

Cool, hope they get them! Cool
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down