The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Omen films - miss a trick ????

3 posters

Go down

The Omen films - miss a trick ???? Empty The Omen films - miss a trick ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:39 am

Love the original.....very scary...wonderfully acted by the great Remick and Peck........British actors also produced especially Troughton and Warner with a special well done to Billie Whitelaw!!!

Great film but for the sequel there was a huge argument for keeping the kid the same or relatively the same age (little guy in the first was well cast too).......Instead they went for a teenage Damien instead......

The second film and the third (screw the fourth) were mostly thrill seeking murder fests and uncomfortable rather than scary......

To me the little kid with the mischievous George Osbourne like face was the scariest incarnation and I think that they should have carried on with that premise like the original Director wanted...

Omen 2 was pretty good but Damien could converse which humanized andd familiarised him somewhat......A terrible thing for any monster in a horror film......

What you don't know is more scary....

The Omen films missed a trick for me.....Omen 2 should have been around the same age preferably the same kid. After all it was less than two years from 1-2...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The Omen films - miss a trick ???? Empty Re: The Omen films - miss a trick ????

Post by guildfordbat Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Truss - I'm no expert on The Omen films but certainly go along with your general views. The first film was chillingly effective whilst the immediate sequel lagged some way behind. I haven't seen much of subsequent sequels although fairly sure I've caught bits on tv - certainly never been persuaded to stay and see them through to the end.

Pleased to see an honourable mention given to Patrick Troughton in your article. A fine and versatile actor. He has never received sufficient credit for his role as the second Doctor Who. William Hartnell set the benchmark as the first Doctor. Worth noting that Hartnell was never originally intended to be replaced. Many at the time thought a different Doctor wouldn't work. If Troughton hadn't been so good, it's unlikely that the series would have continued beyond Troughton's time with regeneration of the main role becoming an accepted and expected norm.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:54 pm

The sequels were just quick cash ins, the first movie was made for 3 million dollars and grossed 60 Million in the US alone. Story and plot go out of the window when a quick buck can be made. It's always the ways with horror films though, doesn't every sequel fail to live up to the original?

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:31 pm

tomfinneywalksonwater wrote:The sequels were just quick cash ins, the first movie was made for 3 million dollars and grossed 60 Million in the US alone. Story and plot go out of the window when a quick buck can be made. It's always the ways with horror films though, doesn't every sequel fail to live up to the original?
Wise words from the Preston Plumber. thumbsup

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
tomfinneywalksonwater wrote:The sequels were just quick cash ins, the first movie was made for 3 million dollars and grossed 60 Million in the US alone. Story and plot go out of the window when a quick buck can be made. It's always the ways with horror films though, doesn't every sequel fail to live up to the original?
Wise words from the Preston Plumber. thumbsup
Well thank you very much there is a first time for everything!

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down