The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novak Djokovic - an interesting read

5 posters

Go down

Novak Djokovic - an interesting read Empty Novak Djokovic - an interesting read

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 20 Mar 2013, 9:48 am

lydian recently posted a very interesting insight into the discipline Lendl applied to reach the top of the game.
Silver posed the question about how it compares to the current top players. A while back I found this link

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/8132800/has-novak-djokovic-become-fittest-athlete-ever-espn-magazine

The attention to detail that all the top players must have is amazing - "His water is lukewarm during matches because cold fluid idles too long in the stomach"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Novak Djokovic - an interesting read Empty Re: Novak Djokovic - an interesting read

Post by barrystar Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:12 am

JuliusHMarx wrote: "His water is lukewarm during matches because cold fluid idles too long in the stomach"

I'm not surprised by that at all - on a hot day when you need to re-hydrate in the course of exercise, rather than cool off and have a proper break, cold water is far more difficult to deal with.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Novak Djokovic - an interesting read Empty Re: Novak Djokovic - an interesting read

Post by Henman Bill Wed 20 Mar 2013, 10:51 am

Poor article from ESPN. At first it looks good but I am unimpressed by the mention of Cetojevic as assiting Djokovic without mentioning all the dodgy stuff about him.

Cetojevic for me might have helped with the diet, or as a placebo, but most of what he believes in does not seem credible.

Here was my take on it.
https://www.606v2.com/t20205-djokovic-scio-igor-cetojevic-and-william-nelson

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Wed 20 Mar 2013, 11:31 am

Thanks JHM - interesting article indeed (ignoring the oxymoron of "rivalry between three once-in-a-generation players"!).

Novak's failure to hit the water bottle was perhaps an early indicator of how the match point at RG 12 would go!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 20 Mar 2013, 12:07 pm

Henman Bill wrote:Poor article from ESPN. At first it looks good but I am unimpressed by the mention of Cetojevic as assiting Djokovic without mentioning all the dodgy stuff about him.

Cetojevic for me might have helped with the diet, or as a placebo, but most of what he believes in does not seem credible.

Here was my take on it.
https://www.606v2.com/t20205-djokovic-scio-igor-cetojevic-and-william-nelson

HB... The William Nelson shadow will always be around. Does anyone recall that Yasser Arafat was part of PLO, which the US State Department labelled a terrorist organization?

The impressive part for me is that despite this association no longer part of his entourage, what Team Djokovic learnt, has been religiously applied to help Djokovic become what he is today.

I would suggest reading some MRI studies on the Brain. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down