The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great films with letdown endings!!!

+8
guildfordbat
superflyweight
westisbest
spencerclarke
Diggers
Galted
Stella
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Go down

Great films with letdown endings!!! Empty Great films with letdown endings!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 12:35 pm

Nothing worse than when you're enthralled by a movie and then boom letdown!!!!..................

SUSPICION........1942. Beautifully crafted........ beautifully acted..........Is he going to do her in??.......and then bang shoddy ending. Leaving the viewer completely unsatisfied..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Great films with letdown endings!!! Empty Re: Great films with letdown endings!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 12:39 pm

Communion - With Chris Walken......good quality film that just finished...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Great films with letdown endings!!! Empty Re: Great films with letdown endings!!!

Post by Stella Fri 15 Mar 2013, 1:30 pm

Skyfall....The A team meets Home Alone

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 15 Mar 2013, 2:09 pm

outlaw josey wales - the stupid speech to the chief
shawshank redemption - was a bit hurried
freaks - tacked on watered-down ending so as not to upset audiences
last laugh - contrived happy ending
wages of fear - contrived sad ending
lord of the rings - dragged on a bit

& 2 really bad films with even worse endings
6th sense - predictable & idiotic, should also have come about a minute into the film to avoid the waste of an hour and a half
monster a-go go - such an amazingly bad twist it's brilliant

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 15 Mar 2013, 2:19 pm

Goodfellas. I think I was just bored by the end, all the best party of the film was in the first two thirds.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 15 Mar 2013, 8:43 pm

Stephen kings IT I loved the first half but once the whole spider thing happened it went down hill

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:45 am

Knowing - Nicolas Cage.

Thought it was pretty decent, until the poor ending.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sat 16 Mar 2013, 9:52 am

Good call on Suspicion, Truss. Hitchcock had problems with endings in some of his films and Suspicion was a disappointing ending and one he replicated in North by Northwest.

I remember being disappointed with the end of Chinatown the first time I saw it - but repeated viewings have changed that and now I think its perfect.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:56 am

Totally with Truss and superfly on Suspicion. I was enthralled watching it and then felt very let down with such a lame ending.

Another Hitchcock film where the ending leaves me disappointed is The Birds. I realise I'm swimming against the tide on that as many regard it as a brilliantly sinister conclusion. I just found it too ambiguous and uncertain. I do actually appreciate it more now than when I first saw it many years ago but still feel dissatisfied.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:58 am

Glen gary Glen Ross - Brilliant movie, superb acting but ended with an anti climax. Never really explained what happened to Ed Harris charactor and Pachino loosing out on that big deal was quite sad.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:00 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Stephen kings IT I loved the first half but once the whole spider thing happened it went down hill

Agree completely

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 17 Mar 2013, 7:59 pm

Galted wrote:outlaw josey wales - the stupid speech to the chief

Outlaw Josey Wales. The whole idea is that a man of the feud chooses in the end to walk away from the violent choice. Violence begets violence and it becomes a circle of grief.

Eastwood was already making his fans rethink his Dollars man-with-no-name persona. And of course the theme goes on to Unforgiven when he shows his fans just what a grim, unforgiving, non-heroic world the real West was.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 19 Mar 2013, 10:53 am

6th sense - predictable & idiotic, should also have come about a minute into the film to avoid the waste of an hour and a half

Dragged on a bit? Surely the biggest understatement in the history of film making. The film is fantastic up to the Ring being destroyed, but after that just how many endings does one film need?

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Mar 2013, 11:00 am

The Twilight series - the ending should have been after the opening credits furious

But in all seriousness, the most disappointed I've been with a film ending was when I went to see Star Wars Episode III at the cinema. I think everyone came out of the room going "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and shaking their fists like Darth Vader, but not quite for the same reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 Mar 2013, 11:02 am

dummy_half wrote:

Dragged on a bit? Surely the biggest understatement in the history of film making. The film is fantastic up to the Ring being destroyed, but after that just how many endings does one film need?

The best ending would have been Aragon's song...that sealed the deal for me.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Mar 2013, 4:02 pm

No Country for Old Men for me, sure it was all arty and I am being thick but if you build a film up throughout to a big show down between the two main protagonists you can at least have the decency to show it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down