The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Gear

+2
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
6 posters

Go down

Top Gear Empty Top Gear

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:34 am

I must say over the past couple of series I have begun to lose interest in the show. I feel it has become too sort of jokey, and almost forced.

However I must say that the two part Africa special at the end of this series was absolutely superb. Brilliant TV.

If you haven't seen it I suggest you catch up on iplayer!

What do you guys think of Top Gear?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Top Gear Empty Re: Top Gear

Post by GSC Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:06 am

Much like Soccer AM, its gone past its sell by date.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:29 am

Haven't seen the two part yet, have them both on sky box

I agree on the whole, it's much of the same season after season now, but there's some stuff that truly is brilliant that they do, for example the range rover against that massive remote controlled off road vehicle in the Nevada testing ground, awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:05 pm

I think the issue is that for every gem they do, there is a lot of rubbish. I think this most recent season has been the best in a while, the Africa special a particular highlight, much better than the last big special where they went to India where everything was really forced.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm

While I agree the show is probably past its prime, I'm not one of these people who thinks every show that is no longer on top form is automatically rubbish (a reference to some of my friends rather than anyone on here), I think its still a decent hours entertainment. The problem I think is that they've done so much in the past 10 years of whatever that the well is running a little dry and there just trying to put different spins on what has come before.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Watched the Africa special after not having watched TG for a couple of years and, although I did enjoy it, I was surprised at how blatantly scripted it was. It has always required some suspension of belief but seems to be getting a bit desperate.

Last edited by Galted on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:27 pm

That Africa special was a fantastic 2 parter!!!

Must admit I only really like Top Gear when they have these sorts of challenges or races....

Vietnam special
Bolvia special
Three wise men
Africa special

are my favourite ones..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:34 pm

The show's past it and there running out of ideas to do and they don't or are not really interested in reviewing cars anymore, hence why they do these specials. I still love the show but it's blatantly scripted in most parts to get the laugh and some of the bits are just repetitive now like altering each other's cars overnight etc. Thought the africa special was good, first episode was the worse of the two but still enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 am

I'm not really interested in the car reviews though, and I imagine a large portion of the viewership are in the same boat as me. There's no point them reviewing big supercars that I can't afford, or the crappy cars that I can.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 am

Star in a reasonably priced car is dreadful and the worst part of the show. Usually rubbish people with terrible anecdotes.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down