The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season

+5
dyrewolfe
Good Golly I'm Olly
Bull
sportform
Fernando
9 posters

Go down

Where will you be watching F1 this season

F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season Vote_lcap40%F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season Vote_lcap60%F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 10

F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season Empty F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season

Post by Fernando Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:11 pm

After last year's shock that F1 had made the move to SKY many people dug their claws in and stayed with the BBC despite not showing all races live and just highlights later on in the day.

I went for SKY it seemed more built up and it's only going to get better and with the BBC losing Jake and replacing him with Suzi Perry.

So where will you be watching this year?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season Empty Re: F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:24 pm

I prefer and usually watch on Sky (non HD) but then watch the BBC HD races. I much prefer the commentary of Brundle & Croft and their more detailed analysis of just about everything within F1. I always feel listening to Edwards & Coulthard that I'm missing something.

Perry adds nothing to the game for me, therefore easily staying with Sky.

Back to top Go down

F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season Empty Re: F1 Coverage - Where will you be watching this season

Post by sportform Sun 10 Mar 2013, 1:04 am

It will be interesting to see what happens to the viewing figures this season. They were down 16% overall last year on 2011.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:01 pm

Well BBC cause i cant watch it else where btw since there are only 19 races does that mean the beeb only get 9 or 10(they are contracted to 10)

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:11 pm

Nine races confirmed and they are stalling on announcing the tenth which is in between the British on the 30th June and the Belgium GP on 25th August.

Therefore it's between the German or the Hungarian GP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:29 pm

Sky everytime for me. Cannot stand Suzi Perry, Jake is a huge loss for the Beeb he really was a quality presenter and suited the role perfectly.

Sky also have just much better all round coverage
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:48 pm

ive not seen this Suzi present so we will see though Jake not being part of it is a lost after they where a 3 man wolfpack!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 11 Mar 2013, 12:31 pm

I'll be watching both. I'll stick with the BBC for the races they are showing and watch Sky for the rest.

I'm interested to see how Suzy Perry fits in with the rest of the Beeb team and I like to compare and contrast the coverage anyway.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Mar 2013, 12:38 pm

Yer, I like to have a mix of the two but generally prefer Sky and it's commentary and post race analysis. I'll be watching the race live on Sky and then I'll watch the BBC highlight show and the repeat in the afternoon to watch it again and have the different commentary for a different feel. Remember we have been starved of racing for months, so watching the race twice in one day should be very doable. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Mon 11 Mar 2013, 1:37 pm

Sky like last year.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 12 Mar 2013, 3:12 pm

SKY - the coverage is fantastic

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Tue 12 Mar 2013, 3:19 pm

Sky as I did last year - tended to Iplayer the F1 Forum for a bit of extra analysis with a lighter hearted side but without Jake might just leave it to Sky Smile

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Tue 12 Mar 2013, 7:26 pm

Both for me - just as last year. Suprisingly preferred Coulthards commentary though - felt he called it right more times than Sky - and gave better technical info during the race.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:57 am

sky F1

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 13 Mar 2013, 3:18 pm

SteveG wrote:Both for me - just as last year. Suprisingly preferred Coulthards commentary though - felt he called it right more times than Sky - and gave better technical info during the race.

I don't think there's much to choose between Coulthard and Brundle in terms of technical info and generally calling it from a driver's perspective, but DC does seem warmer and friendlier, plus his commentary seems to have a more modern slant to it.

Overall I think I prefer DC, but don't feel as though I'm missing anything when watching Sky's coverage.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down