The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frank Warren on Buncey

+4
BoxingFan88
manos de piedra
eddyfightfan
Seanusarrilius
8 posters

Go down

Frank Warren on Buncey Empty Frank Warren on Buncey

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:12 am

Seemed a little sad. Warren really is in trouble. Truly. Maybe he can come back, who knows, but it doesn't seem likely at the moment. Mentioning Eddie Hearn and his fighters constantly. Just looks terrible and desperate.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Frank Warren on Buncey Empty Re: Frank Warren on Buncey

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:16 am

what did he actually say?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:22 am

Warren was just going on about how Devon Alexander fight got cancelled, Hearn just sends his fighters abroad to lose. Everyone is losing money and talking about the delayed fights. Just seemed sad. Bunce and Warren with Clev on the phone. In an ideal world Warren would be back on SKY, but Boxnation seems less likely to survive in my eyes

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:38 am; edited 2 times in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:29 am

i think he is in a similar situation to the goverment, stuck between trying to save as much money as possible, but needing to spend money to make money. the card he put on was epic, and would have been huge imo, but it looks like vasquez is stalling for more money, groves jumped ship before hand and chisora is still unlicensed, so money is obviously tight.

the problem is 9 times out of 10 on box nation its some young up and comer normally 4-0 or something fighting scrappy fights with journeymen, which is not very entertaining.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:30 am

He does seem to be on a particulalry bad run of luck regarding cancellations/injuries but it doesnt look good when so many fighters are exiting his stable

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:36 am

it might be make or break time, and put his champions (burns and cleverly) on the road and make a huge name for themselfs, froch style.

cleverly especially needs to be tested and needs a big win to get the public on side.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:40 am

eddyfightfan wrote:it might be make or break time, and put his champions (burns and cleverly) on the road and make a huge name for themselfs, froch style.

cleverly especially needs to be tested and needs a big win to get the public on side.

I think the problem there is that Warren doesn't believe Burns can go on the road and beat Broner. He probably doesn't believe Clev can beat the likes of Dawson on the road either. I say this because he kept mentioning the importance of home advantage

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:50 am

there are still big fights for each fighter (pascal/hopkins or demarco/de ponce). the reason i say go on the road is these fighters probably won't come to the UK.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 2:56 pm

I like boxnation because I can watch a fight in the morning without finding out the result first. If you try to find a video of it online, then you will find plenty of videos of the end of the fight before you find the fight in it's entirety.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 05 Mar 2013, 4:04 pm

Search for videos 36 minutes or longer and posted within the last 24hrs ( using google video search, advanced options).
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Tue 05 Mar 2013, 5:55 pm

youtube can ruin it sometimes when the stupid user who uploads the video reveals the result in the title i.e JOE BLOGGS KNOCKS OUT A.N OTHER EPIC KNOCKOUT LOLZERS :/

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_London Tue 05 Mar 2013, 6:22 pm

Unfortunately for Frank, the future looks extremely bleak. With stiff competition from Eddie Hearn and Golden Boy, Frank isn't able to attract the best Briish talent anymore. I don't regard Cleverly as a proper World Champion and I think he'll be relieved of his 'world title' before too long. Ricky Burns hasn't got any hope of beating Adrien Broner so will be fed nearly men until Frank feels its time to cash in his chips.

Sam_London

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 6:27 pm

In fairness to Frank.....Hearn does send his fighters abroad to lose...

Better to just get your Mate/Chairman of the WBO to give your fighter a belt and then pick the top 10 yourself...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down