The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAVWATCH

+9
gregortree
flyhalffactory
Breadvan
doctor_grey
thebluesmancometh
Cyril
maestegmafia
LondonTiger
t1000advancedprototype
13 posters

Go down

If Gav came back now would it...

GAVWATCH Vote_lcap75%GAVWATCH Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 9 ]
GAVWATCH Vote_lcap25%GAVWATCH Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

GAVWATCH Empty GAVWATCH

Post by t1000advancedprototype Mon 04 Mar 2013, 8:09 am

Did anyone see the Saracens v LW match? How did the special one do?

I read the report of a penalty, drop goal and a disallowed try for himself. Also last week he was MOTM and every time I've seen a him play in other LW games he has set up tries with some sublime passing and handling skills. Skills that currently the Wales midfield could only dream of. Despite criticism of late, he is getting a good run of games and I still see b
his contributions to Wales as unique and definitely needed.

Similar to Norad's DEFCON system in the US military, HENCON (Henson condition) is the Welsh rugby equivalent.
On a scale of 1-5, 5 being Henson isn't needed and Jamie Roberts is doing just fine, 1 being an imminent threat to our midfield and the services of the enigmagenius are required.

If you look at the Scottish and English midfield form, Wales will struggle.

I would say we are at HENCON level 2 at present. A billion Jamie Roberts knock ons, no ball to the wings and an opportunistic JD2 try are not fooling me! Don't even get me started on the passing skills during the irish match.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

GAVWATCH Empty Re: GAVWATCH

Post by LondonTiger Mon 04 Mar 2013, 8:16 am

t1000advancedprototype wrote:Also last week he was MOTM and every time I've seen a him play in other LW games he has set up tries with some sublime passing and handling skills.

Last week LW were hammered 47-16 by Exeter. If you are not thinking of the wrong match, Henson must have been awesome to get MotM in such a defeat.

I struggle to see the point in recalling him to national duty.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 04 Mar 2013, 8:19 am

At halftime it looked like LW might cause an earthquake size upset. They made Saracens work very hard for the result despite the the final score line.

Henson did very well, commanding performance. He does seem to be in very good shape.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Mon 04 Mar 2013, 8:21 am

LondonTiger wrote:
t1000advancedprototype wrote:Also last week he was MOTM and every time I've seen a him play in other LW games he has set up tries with some sublime passing and handling skills.

Last week LW were hammered 47-16 by Exeter. If you are not thinking of the wrong match, Henson must have been awesome to get MotM in such a defeat.

I struggle to see the point in recalling him to national duty.

I was referring to the Sale match.

Look at it this way. He's always been incredibly disciplined with looking after his body and he's had so little rugby in the past 4 years that his body isn't battered like other 31 year olds.

He's been unlucky with injury but mostly self inflicted ones. He hasn't taken a pounding or snapped cruciate ligaments etc. If he was recalled he could go a long time.

Tell you another interesting point. Watch any Wales try when he's playing and he's ALWAYS the first to congratulate the scorer. Hois passion and determination on the field are unquestionable. We need that kind of passion.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Mon 04 Mar 2013, 8:23 am

Yay! Another Henson thread! Yahoo

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Mon 04 Mar 2013, 8:27 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:Yay! Another Henson thread! Yahoo

Was getting cold turkey.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 04 Mar 2013, 8:28 am

Problem Gav has is he loves to be a big fish in a small pond and Lyn Jones recognises this and works him well. He will do ok for LW and may get a few odd MOTM's and show some quality, but from what I hear he is far from Int standards and at his age is unlikely to get in that kind of shape again.

His creativity is usefull at club level, and the prem is a great place to facilitate him, but that is all he's up to without doing something extremely drastic!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:13 am

Well, Henson did not look very tan. Not really orange at this time.

But he did play pretty well. I thought he kept Welsh moving and his distribution was good. Hard to jump to any conclusions about whether he should be in national colours, but he played a solid match.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:19 am

Watched Argo last night. V good and deserved the Oscar...

Wonder if gavs seen it?
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:41 am

Henson was MOM against a poor Sale who are bottom of the table, three pts behind his team London Welsh who might yet be docked points. Lets put it into perspective for the OPs lack of current knowledge or credence

Gavin

1. Wants to play 10, is playing 10....... and not 12
2. Hasn't played 12 all season, and probably couldn't oust Jewel at 12 who isn't that clever really.
3. Against the average or good AP teams he has looked lost, and no he was anything but special against Exeter and against Sarries in the second half disappeared for 20 mins
4. Charlie Hodgson his opposite number and at 32 playing for Saracens generally outplayed him in every dept, but specifically in inventive offensive open play.

Roberts is a country mile ahead of Henson in every bit of armoury needed for inside centre, except for his world class pair of hands as Gav has still the ability to offload at the precise moment. Its like saying Shane is having MOM in the Japanese 2nd Div.......OOOOOH HOLD ON MUSHI MUSHI

Last edited by flyhalffactory on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 04 Mar 2013, 9:42 am

Gav & Sir Jonny could be devastating combo for the Lions.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:01 am

flyhalffactory wrote:Its like saying Shane is having MOM in the Japanese 2nd Div.......OOOOOH HOLD ON MUSHI MUSHI

Id have Shane back aswell Very Happy

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:12 am

flyhalffactory wrote:Henson was MOM against a poor Sale who are bottom of the table, three pts behind his team London Welsh who might yet be docked points. Lets put it into perspective for the OPs lack of current knowledge or credence

Gavin

1. Wants to play 10, is playing 10....... and not 12
2. Hasn't played 12 all season, and probably couldn't oust Jewel at 12 who isn't that clever really.
3. Against the average or good AP teams he has looked lost, and no he was anything but special against Exeter and against Sarries in the second half disappeared for 20 mins
4. Charlie Hodgson his opposite number and at 32 playing for Saracens generally outplayed him in every dept, but specifically in inventive offensive open play.

Roberts is a country mile ahead of Henson in every bit of armoury needed for inside centre, except for his world class pair of hands as Gav has still the ability to offload at the precise moment. Its like saying Shane is having MOM in the Japanese 2nd Div.......OOOOOH HOLD ON MUSHI MUSHI

MUSHI, MUSHI, FHF.

Talking of Shane in Japan's Division 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Fd2-0oomU

Crowd size not much different from some of the Rabo matches...

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:41 am

I thought it said Gaywatch! Shocked

I've also just booked an eyetest.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 04 Mar 2013, 5:00 pm

Mixed bag from the Tango Man vs Saracens.

Some good bits of play from him but made some silly errors like kicking the ball out on the full from the restart. Defensively didn't seem to be up to scratch.

Some flashes of good stuff though and was one of the more visible LW players. He looked assured with his place kicking too.

Capped off with his over the top dive when Tomkins pulled his shirt. Instead of trying to milk the occasion he should have tried to make the tackle on Strettle. By falling theatrically he probably gave the impression he slipped.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:56 am

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/04/gavin-henson-rejected-from-girls-aloud-party-years-after-cheryl-cole-and-charlotte-church-feud-3524701/

"No sooner had the perma-tanned sportsman tottered up to the door, he was spotted being turned away by security.

Onlookers claimed the 31-year-old looked ‘worse for wear’ and was clutching a £20 note."

Gav's still got it! Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum