The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32 teams in 32 days: Indianapolis Colts

4 posters

Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Indianapolis Colts Empty 32 teams in 32 days: Indianapolis Colts

Post by GSC Wed 27 Feb - 14:02

Record: 11-5
Offensive Rank: 10th (Passing: 7th, Rushing: 22nd)
Defensive Rank: 26th (Passing: 20th, Rushing: 29th)

What went right?

Andrew Luck was as advertised, headlining a strong rookie class in Indy. Playing a #1 pick schedule helped. Reggie Wayne rolled back the years.

What went wrong?
Defense was porous, moving to the 3-4 didn't make the Colts front anymore stout. Vontae Davis was an expensive start but the secondary needs more work. Beefing up the OL and possibly upgrading at RB would help also.

Prospects for 2013?
Much like the Vikings, I suspect the Colts will find out its much easier to be the hunter than hunted. This really wasn't an 11-5 squad, and the Colts need to recognise this and continue the rebuild. I suspect Mike Patterson will reunite with Grigson to beef up the front while more picks need to be invested in the defense.

Projected 2013 Draft Pick?
BPA applies here I suspect, and I think the Colts will make Desmond Trufant the second CB off the board and pair him with Vontae Davis to give a pair of physical press CBs.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Indianapolis Colts Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Indianapolis Colts

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 27 Feb - 19:45

Colts definately have a lot of holes that need filling, but they have given Luck some young weapons on offence that hopefully will develop along with him!

Amazing that they have had Peyton Manning, then as soon as he goes Andrew Luck comes along.

The Chiefs would kill for half a QB like them in the draft Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

32 teams in 32 days: Indianapolis Colts Empty Re: 32 teams in 32 days: Indianapolis Colts

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 28 Feb - 2:12

Olly wrote:Amazing that they have had Peyton Manning, then as soon as he goes Andrew Luck comes along.
That's either down to sheer lukc or very good management.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 28 Feb - 21:01

It's no Favre Rodgers Wink

... maybe it is...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down