The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cian Healy - cited

+94
dragonbreath
JmD
Knackeredknees
100%beefy
R!skysports
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
mystiroakey
rapidsnowman
rodders
Thomond
Toohey
Jimpy
yappysnap
A World Cup and 3 Finals
LondonTiger
geoff998rugby
PJHolybloke
Standulstermen
ME-109
red_stag
The Great Aukster
The Boss
Taffineastbourne
gregortree
MacKnocked-on
belovedfrosties
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Glas a du
Dubbelyew L Overate
Mad for Chelsea
asoreleftshoulder
MunsterMac
RubyGuby
formerly known as Sam
aucklandlaurie
Portnoy's Complaint
Effervescing Elephant
gowershowerpower
aitchw
Bathman_in_London
nobbled
GunsGerms
captain carrantuohil
Barney McGrew did it
george doors
Mickado
Norfolklass
Biltong
doctor_grey
Notch
TJ1
reallybored
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Submachine
Morgannwg
Cyril
Gibson
lostinwales
neilthom7
fa0019
MrsP
Artful_Dodger
perand25
sausage1966
BigTrevsbigmac
HammerofThunor
Feckless Rogue
Alex_Germany
ultra
AlastairW
George Carlin
twoeightnine
SecretFly
ChequeredJersey
funnyExiledScot
nathan
Hound_of_Harrow
BlueNote
majesticimperialman
dummy_half
maestegmafia
UlstermaninGlasgow
glamorganalun
Mr Bounce
bluestonevedder
RuggerRadge2611
damage_13
thebluesmancometh
bedfordwelsh
John Cregan
little_badger
98 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cian Healy - cited Empty Cian Healy - cited

Post by little_badger Tue 12 Feb - 3:05

In other news the Pope is a Catholic (for now at least).

Espnscrum has the hearing set for Wednesday. Predictions on a post card. He may well live to regret a few moments of madness.

little_badger

Back to top Go down

Cian Healy - cited Empty Re: Cian Healy - cited

Post by John Cregan Tue 12 Feb - 3:15

As an Irish fan, he will be a huge loss. However, it was an unprovoked and nasty attack.

I would deem it worthy of a 6 month ban but expect it to be about 3 weeks given how leniantly these rugby disciplinary things usually are dealt with

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 12 Feb - 3:18

If he gets less than 6 weeks I think he can count himself very lucky indeed. Is it just the stamp they will look at or the flying arm to?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 12 Feb - 3:19

The stamp shocked me, I missed it during the game but watching the replay it didn't half make me cringe!!!

2-4 weeks though I reckon.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Tue 12 Feb - 3:22

A: it was a stamp

B: on a joint

C: his intention was clear with his other infractions throughout the match (elbow to Robshaw, punches thrown just etc), this wasn't just a one off incident throughout the match.

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 12 Feb - 3:23

Silly boy, he could well get the book thrown at him for his antics.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 12 Feb - 3:27

Really pretty disgusting, even though Cole was on the wrong side. His leg was in the air, away from the ball. Could have been an incredibly serious injury.

I reckon 3 weeks for Healy. Count himself lucky if it is that

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 12 Feb - 3:30

I played rugby for nearly 12 years, I have been guilty of giving a good rake to opposing players caught on the wrong side of the ruck.

It never occured to me to stamp with all the force I could muster on a prone player's ankle.

It was a dispicable low blow. Is Healy often involved with such thuggery?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 12 Feb - 3:39

Ah, raking is to be expected if you're on the wrong side. I play 7, and always make a nuisance of myself. Raking lets me know I;m doing my job.

What Healy did was completely excessive. I never thought of him as particularly dirty, just a hard, physcial player. But he completely stepped over the line.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 12 Feb - 3:41

I think he'll play no further part in the 6 Nations. He was certainly no angel during the match either, with the aforementioned elbows and forearms so I am not expecting much leniency.

What I don't understand is why the players think they will get away with it when there are about 700 cameras pointing at every point on the pitch which can focus in on their every move?

I too have "raked" players - back in the 80s when it was considered part of the game. Stamping however was always a massive no-no. Was then, is now. Healy's an idiot.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by little_badger Tue 12 Feb - 3:42

I also thought he went in with a swinging arm (closed fist) but this citing appears to only be for the stamp.

4 weeks perhaps, I don't think he's been in too much trouble before.

little_badger

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 12 Feb - 3:44

He could be out of the 6N and should affect his Lions select, who wants idiots in the team.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 12 Feb - 3:45

Healy has cut out all the silly petulance that blighted his early career. Hasn't been in trouble for a few years. It's not to say it wasn't a bad stamp, it was, but he's not a dirty player. Got caught up in the moment of madness.

As for the maul incident, I don't think that has anything to do with this. Healy was obviously reacting to Tom Youngs entry into the ruck like Bernard Jackman vs Wales. Trying to hook his arm under Youngs, which looked like a punch. Don't see much in it.

10.4(b) Stamping on an Opponent
LE – 2 weeks
MR – 5 weeks
TE – 9+ weeks

Expect mid range and half reduction for guilty plea and good record. Therefore 2-3 week ban.
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 12 Feb - 3:46

Might be a silly question Ulstermanin but what do the abbreviations next to the ban lengths stand for?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 12 Feb - 3:48

Low end, Mid range, Top end
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 12 Feb - 3:50

Considering the number of fights and such like it is a surprise that Healy is the only man cited.

His actions were deplorable and he should face the grave consequences of his actions. Sure to be lightened somewhat by this being very much out of character for him.

Definitely out of the next game but unlikely to miss more than that.

Very poor behaviour by a man in the spotlight as most peoples favourite for the Lions loosehead birth.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 12 Feb - 3:51

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:Low end, Mid range, Top end

OK

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 12 Feb - 3:52

Not a surprise to see him cited - as others have said, it was a clear stamp and done with intent to injure an opponent (who just happened to be his direct opponent in the scrum - pure coincidence Wink ). Suspect he'll get between 4 and 6 weeks, halved for previous good behaviour, contrition and not eating the biscuits, so will probably only miss the one 6Ns match.

There is a definite difference between raking or rucking a player and what Healy did in this case. Poor refereeing not to spot the severity of it at the time (he did give Healy a talking to, but didn't reverse the penalty, so presumably only thought it was some clumsy or excessive use of the feet rather than the stamp that it actually was).

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 12 Feb - 3:55

I could not belive it when i saw it 2/3 times on the replay and neither the ref or his linesman, who was there on the spot did not see it.

Hope he gets banned for the rest of the 6ns.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 12 Feb - 3:59

Just a thought a bout this stamping. Do you think that this is the kind of thing that the TMO, should be able to alert the ref too.

Healy could quite easy of broken coles leg/ankle. ..Surely this needs to be kept out of the game.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 12 Feb - 4:01

I think we have all raked and been raked thats nature of lying on wrong side it shows you doing good job but that was a stamp plain and simple.

Top end for me would be what he deserves
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Tue 12 Feb - 4:03

Just watched the replay on Youtube - not nice.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 12 Feb - 4:36

It made me wince when I saw it. Cole is very lucky he was not seriously injured.

I am surprised that Healy was not also cited for other incidents. He was descibed in one newspaper today as a 'one man crimewave'.

Along with O'Mahoney, Healy tried to rattle England with some brutal stuff. I was very disappointed in the actions of several Irish players. They are better than that.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 12 Feb - 4:54

Shame nothing has been said about his punches. Have a look at 38 seconds, i think (as Wood says) he's just lost it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZB2DKqQnB0

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb - 5:00

Personally i loved the stamp, nice to see a player pumped up and out to do some damage.
Fatty Dan Cole should have moved! let it happen fat props lying on the wrong side of the ruck is a pathetic site and a site the paying fans don't want to see,they come to watch a contact sport, they want to see players scrumage and drive the ball forward, tactical kicking,offloads, tries and most defiantly not clinically obese ginger English man lie all over the ball.

Healy should be applauded for bring back some balls to our sport, without players stepping up you will end up with teams content on spoiling ball and winning games by landing a few penalty kicks and not really having to do much for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 12 Feb - 5:01

Well given that Euan Murray won't be playing in the Ireland game as it's a Sunday, I'm relieved that Healy will likely miss the opportunity to destroy either Murray Low or Geoff Cross.

Sad thing is, Tom Court will make mincemeat of them anyway.

It was a nasty incident and he'll get punished. Shame, great player and a bad time for him to get a suspension.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 12 Feb - 5:06

viewtothegym wrote:Personally i loved the stamp, nice to see a player pumped up and out to do some damage.
Fatty Dan Cole should have moved! let it happen fat props lying on the wrong side of the ruck is a pathetic site and a site the paying fans don't want to see,they come to watch a contact sport, they want to see players scrumage and drive the ball forward, tactical kicking,offloads, tries and most defiantly not clinically obese ginger English man lie all over the ball.

Healy should be applauded for bring back some balls to our sport, without players stepping up you will end up with teams content on spoiling ball and winning games by landing a few penalty kicks and not really having to do much for it.

what a pathetic little boy you are....

There won't be any players left to watch if they all have broken ankles.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 12 Feb - 5:09

View, any shreds of respect I might ever have had for you as a person are now irreparably consigned to the bonfire of my contempt for the kind of person who might make that sort of comment in jest or in sincerity. There's playing a tough sport and there's acts of brutality that never were and never will be acceptable. Deliberate stamping on a joint will cause damage rather than pain and is absolutely unnaceptable. That doesn't make Healy a bad person. But condoning it is a lot worse
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb - 5:10

im very glad Healy has been cited, what was an awful stamp and completely unprovoked.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 12 Feb - 5:11

I would take views opinion with a handfull of salt, he wants a reaction and he certainly doesn't believe those words!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 12 Feb - 5:12

thebluesmancometh wrote:I would take views opinion with a handfull of salt, he wants a reaction and he certainly doesn't believe those words!!

I know he's after a reaction, but unless you know him personally you can't say for sure he doesn't believe those words.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 12 Feb - 5:20

Don't feed the troll.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 12 Feb - 5:22

The key for me is did he apologise to Cole/will he show contrition? if not then, like Clark, I don't want him representing these Isles on a Lions tour. If he did, well then it would appear it's not in character and anyone can get carried away
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 12 Feb - 5:24

He was cited, he deserved it, he should get it tough and Ireland will probably pay a higher price for a dirty act than he probably will.

No excuses, no extenuating circumstances; just totally wrong, dangerous (in an already brutal game of rugby) and could have ended a player's career or certainly could have forced a player out of the game for a long time.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 12 Feb - 5:25

Sometimes people need to be told they are despicable, Hound, it gives them the option to change
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb - 5:28

My opinion doesn't make it right doesn't make it wrong just my opinion on loving the violent side of the sport which is becoming so soft they will be recommending that players must seek written permission before tackling a player.

Yes Healy was extreme but fair,you don't play to have people lie all over your ball.
Beyond the gouge,hair pull and below the belt i have no problem with any player throwing their weight around regardless of what nationally.

Your Lord God Martin Johnson was no saint and you all love him.

I usually find the people who shake their heads at such acts are usually weak in mind and body,the ex-players loved it but did the mandatory tut tut that was bad! even the French ref was loving it.

But may i add if you dish it out you must not complain when it happens to you,just take it.

Healy had every right to run in and make sure Cole didn't do it again which may i add he didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 12 Feb - 5:28

I wouldn't take that stance either, it was a battle, we've all got carried away and struck someone, I know Ive thrown the odd punch, and it's exactly the same IMHO.

The stamp wasn't intended to break anything (it is very easy to break a joint and Healy didn't put enough in for a break) but it was a statement to Cole. It was silly, and Healy was clearly too pumped up.

4 weeks rest should have him primed ready for a return and possible lions tour, Healy doesn't make a habit of being a dirty player, this time I think he overstepped the mark but he doesn't do so regularly.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 12 Feb - 5:33

thebluesmancometh wrote:I wouldn't take that stance either, it was a battle, we've all got carried away and struck someone, I know Ive thrown the odd punch, and it's exactly the same IMHO.

The stamp wasn't intended to break anything (it is very easy to break a joint and Healy didn't put enough in for a break) but it was a statement to Cole. It was silly, and Healy was clearly too pumped up.

4 weeks rest should have him primed ready for a return and possible lions tour, Healy doesn't make a habit of being a dirty player, this time I think he overstepped the mark but he doesn't do so regularly.

Completely agree Bluesman.

He did it in a moment of aggression and adrenaline. Who here who's played any sort of competitive game hasn't had a moment where the red mist descended. He didn't go in looking to injure, he was trying to speed up ball for his teammates and got carried away. He's not a dirty player, hasn't had a card in a few years if I remember correctly (not since 09/10 season w/ Leinster or Ireland)
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb - 5:33

You need players like Healy on the Lions tour,
Do you honestly think the Aussies will play fair and square?

You need a few players who scare the opposition.

I imagine if Healy did that to McCaw or Poccock he would be a legend on this forum, do it to the chubby blue eyed boy of the English media and your a villain.

Healy reminds me their is a future for our sport.
Because the way the IRB are changing things we might as well just play League

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 12 Feb - 5:36

thebluesmancometh wrote:I wouldn't take that stance either, it was a battle, we've all got carried away and struck someone, I know Ive thrown the odd punch, and it's exactly the same IMHO.

So i'm guessing you've spoken to Healy personally then, as you seem to be telling us that he didn't stamp intentionally. He must of just fell into that ruck with flying arms by accident too, then just accidentally placed his elbow on someones throat.

I don't think many on here are saying Healy is a dirty player, but in this instance he has is and trying to dress it up as nothing is a discredit to the game.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 12 Feb - 5:37

If Healy does that on tour he gets red carded plain and simple!!!

But ye Ulsterman, a punch IMHO is exactly the same, an intent to hurt someone for something theyve done that you feel is wrong.

I hope he gets a few weeks but nothing that doesn't go beyond slap on the wrists for what is a very talented and normally fair guy. Infact didn't he get a bit slated in his early career for being small and not abbrassive enough?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 12 Feb - 5:37

viewtothegym wrote:You need players like Healy on the Lions tour,

I imagine if Healy did that to McCaw or Poccock he would be a legend on this forum, do it to the chubby blue eyed boy of the English media and your a villain.

It's professional rugby, not the bloody sunday league.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 12 Feb - 5:38

nathan

Re read what I said mate OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb - 5:39

nathan wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:You need players like Healy on the Lions tour,

It's professional rugby, not the bloody sunday league.
Do you live among Unicorns and chocolate flavored rainbows?

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Tue 12 Feb - 5:40

It seems to get worse the more you watch it. It was like he saw his opposite number and thought, I can get him here. The ball was clear, unlike some poster I read on another thread Cole was not interfering when Healy started his movement, so he has to get a few weeks to think about it. It also wasn't a rake it was a forward motion.

I certainly wouldn't buy that he didn't know where he was aiming. I used to move between 10 and 12 when I played and if I played 10 my knees and ankles would get treatment every game but at 12 almost never. People know where they are stamping and joints seriously hurt.

Shame is that as said above, who knows how the citing commission works. Also because of the timing of the ban he could get a three week ban and only miss one game.

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 12 Feb - 5:41

I think a ban until such time as the Scotland match has just finished is entirely appropriate.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 12 Feb - 5:43

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:

Completely agree Bluesman.

He did it in a moment of aggression and adrenaline. Who here who's played any sort of competitive game hasn't had a moment where the red mist descended. He didn't go in looking to injure, he was trying to speed up ball for his teammates and got carried away. He's not a dirty player, hasn't had a card in a few years if I remember correctly (not since 09/10 season w/ Leinster or Ireland)

I agree, he isn't a dirty player but still, his moment of aggression and adrenaline needs to be punished. Players (and by players i mean players from all countries) need to learn to control it.

If we start giving out learner punishments (Citing is a bit of joke as it stands) then we'll see more players engage in acts that can and will injure players. If the amount of injuries jumps up then we'll start to see rule changes that will dilute rugby. Nobody wants that.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb - 6:03

Hypocritical bunch the lot of you,seen worse in the AVIVA Prem, and it always got greeted with chest thumps and talk of how hard the league is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Feb - 6:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmMK76xARo

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Tue 12 Feb - 6:08

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:Healy was obviously reacting to Tom Youngs entry into the ruck ...

Which was a hundred miles an hour through the middle, and completely legal. Tom Youngs has a habit of doing that. In this case he was a dirty player, and a thug. He may have time off his ban for general good behaviour, but this act was beyond the pale he's going to have to prove he's not a thug before I'll take that label off him.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next