The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film

+6
TRUSSMAN66
Crimey
Skydriver
Bull
bluestonevedder
Steffan
10 posters

Go down

Poll

Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film Vote_lcap12%Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]
Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film Vote_lcap82%Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film Vote_rcap 82% 
[ 14 ]
Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film Vote_lcap6%Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 17

Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film Empty Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film

Post by Steffan Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:42 pm

Which was your favourite of the trilogy and why?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film Empty Re: Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 17 Jan 2013, 4:45 pm

Contrary to the masses, I loved Batman Begins. I loved the way the story and charactewrs were laid out in it, and the way we saw Wayne develop into Batman.

I thought it was staggeringly brilliant.

Hard choice, because I love them all, but that's my number one.....just...

Last edited by bluestonevedder on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film Empty Re: Favourite Christopher Nolan 'Batman' film

Post by Steffan Thu 17 Jan 2013, 4:51 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:the way we saw Banner develop into Batman
Spoiler:

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 17 Jan 2013, 4:56 pm

im not sure very hard i enjoyed all of them but hmm

ill say TDK hit a new bar that was never hit before while TDKR imo hit the bar but failed to go above it though i really enjoyed TKDR apart from someone's awful death im going to say TDK just and i mean just edges it.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Thu 17 Jan 2013, 5:00 pm

Similar sort of question to "which of your children do you love the most?"

... which, oddly, is close to a line used towards the end of my pick. However, I reserve the right to change my mind as I have only seen TDKR once so far, and depending on which way the wind is blowing, what day it is etc.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 17 Jan 2013, 5:08 pm

Steffan wrote:
Spoiler:

Ha, you got me! I was watching Avengers last night, and discussing how good Hulk was this morning- apologies!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 17 Jan 2013, 5:17 pm

I think it has to be The Dark Knight, Batman Begins was always going to be the toughest to do, but I thought Nolan handled the origin story really well.

I think The Dark Knight is when they really had fun and Ledger took over the role of The Joker and made Nicholson look tame. I'd have loved to have seen what the reception would have been like if Ledger hadn't unfortunately passed as in my opinion, I think he'd have received just as much plaudits without cynics taking it away.

The Dark Knight Rises was an excellent film, but suffers from a few things; 1. the huge levels of expectation meant it would never be able to fulfil them, 2. the elephant in the room at all times was The Joker and how they were going to handle it and why he hadn't been mentioned yet which wouldn't have happened had Ledger not died, 3. contains spoilers of the film
Spoiler:

I love all three films but while Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises are good films, The Dark Knight is a great film and has raised the bar to a level that I don't think any comic book film has hit or will ever hit again.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 17 Jan 2013, 5:21 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Spoiler:

Ha, you got me! I was watching Avengers last night, and discussing how good Hulk was this morning- apologies!
No worries it did make me laugh mind

I actually really like Batman Begins although I felt the second half let it down just a bit but the first half showing Bruce Wayne with the League of Shadows and becoming Batman was one of the strong points of the trilogy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Jan 2013, 5:38 pm

I didn't like the Dark Knight.....Loved Batman Begins though.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 17 Jan 2013, 6:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I didn't like the Dark Knight.....
Any reasons why or did you just not take to it. Have you seen The Dark Knight Rises yet Truss?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Thu 17 Jan 2013, 9:40 pm

All three were excellent, but for me The Dark Knight was just sensational. Take away Ledger's awesome turn and the story was gripping and intelligent. I've watched it too many times to count but every time it gets my heart beating.

Brilliant film!

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Thu 17 Jan 2013, 9:50 pm

Also, have any of you guys watched The Prestige, which was written, directed and produced by Nolan? Very good film!

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:51 pm

Good film, liked it a lot. Unfortunately worked out the "twist" for myself a bit too early on (very unusual for me to do this - couldn't even guess the ending of The Sixth Sense before it unfolded).

Fantastic cast - Bale, Jackman (Batman v Wolverine!!!), Caine, Scarlet J, Rebecca Hall... even David frickin' Bowie.

Having said that, I understand why some people might not like it if they go in with certain expectations (perhaps either thinking it's just a film about magic tricks and/or a period drama).

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:08 pm

I didn't, which is probably why I rate it so highly!

Nolan seems to have a knack of putting great casts together.

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:21 pm

I have just signed up to LOVEFiLM and cancelled my Netflix account. Netflix is great for TV shows but not that good for movies I have found. So im on the Unlimited £9.99 package 2 disks at a time plus can watch LOVEFiLM instant as well. The Prestige is on there so I may get around to watching it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 18 Jan 2013, 7:58 am

All 3 are very good films IMO. Haven't seen Batman Begins for a while but really enjoyed the story arc, and I think it set the tone.

TDKR had an almost impossible task in living up to its predecessor. It is a very good film, if a bit uneven. There are some fantastic bits (Bane's speech in the stadium a particular stand-out) but some rather strange things at times (in particular a certain lady's death). I think in some respects it is typical of Chris Nolan the director (I am a big fan): ambitious, mostly brilliant but very occasionally produces moments which make you go "what was that about?"

TDK though is simply a masterpiece, and of course capped by Ledger's iconic performance, but even without that it would be a great film. I honestly think in time it will stand-out as one of the movies of our generation. For me, it is in my top 5 of movies certainly.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Fri 18 Jan 2013, 8:34 am

Mike Selig wrote:All 3 are very good films IMO. Haven't seen Batman Begins for a while but really enjoyed the story arc, and I think it set the tone.

TDKR had an almost impossible task in living up to its predecessor. It is a very good film, if a bit uneven. There are some fantastic bits (Bane's speech in the stadium a particular stand-out) but some rather strange things at times (in particular a certain lady's death). I think in some respects it is typical of Chris Nolan the director (I am a big fan): ambitious, mostly brilliant but very occasionally produces moments which make you go "what was that about?"

TDK though is simply a masterpiece, and of course capped by Ledger's iconic performance, but even without that it would be a great film. I honestly think in time it will stand-out as one of the movies of our generation. For me, it is in my top 5 of movies certainly.

That was me with the whole of Inception!! Laugh

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:43 pm

Steffan wrote:I have just signed up to LOVEFiLM and cancelled my Netflix account. Netflix is great for TV shows but not that good for movies I have found. So im on the Unlimited £9.99 package 2 disks at a time plus can watch LOVEFiLM instant as well. The Prestige is on there so I may get around to watching it

I've had Netflix for a while, watched pretty much all the decent stuff on there now. They don't update it enough. I browsed the movies that were on Lovefilm and they are inferior to that's available on Netflix. Unless it wouldn't show me everything.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Jan 2013, 3:50 pm

I went to watch the TDK with a female friend, and she was terrified! That was a benchmark performance from Heath...

I watched Batman Begins years ago but I do remember it being reasonably good.

TDKR was a very good film, ground breaking in many technical aspects. But TDK though was something else.

None of the films were as confusing as Inception though. I have watched it three times now, and have decided he wasnt dreaming. What that means is I dont care anymore, but I cant get mind ****** by the same flick four times! Not sure Nolan knows either to be blunt.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down