The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diva Leaver (Includes Raw Spoiler about Divas)

5 posters

Go down

Diva Leaver (Includes Raw Spoiler about Divas) Empty Diva Leaver (Includes Raw Spoiler about Divas)

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:40 pm

According to PWInsider.com (via WrestlingInc.com):

PWInsider reports that WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres is reportedly leaving the company, and is expected to drop the title to Kaitlyn on tonight's RAW.

Is there any other story left for them to go with now other than AJ v Kaitlyn? Is it even worth having a 'Divas' division if nothing is going to happen with it?
cuppa

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Diva Leaver (Includes Raw Spoiler about Divas) Empty Re: Diva Leaver (Includes Raw Spoiler about Divas)

Post by Hero Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:46 pm

I think everyone is hoping for the day Paige steps onto the roster, I think WWE forget they need other divas for her to wrestle when she gets there.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Diva Leaver (Includes Raw Spoiler about Divas) Empty Re: Diva Leaver (Includes Raw Spoiler about Divas)

Post by Hero Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:48 pm

Think they could do a female Shield style invasion?
Paige, Tamina and another come in and show the current crop how to wrestle?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 14 Jan 2013, 8:56 pm

About 3 to 4 years ago TNA showed exactly how to book a woman's division, I remember Awesome Kong vs Gail Kim for the title as the impact main event and the match itself surprisingly delivered, that was a good wrestling fued in a talented division. TNA at the time had picked up on what WWE weren't doing well and developed those areas of their promotion, knockouts along with the tag division and cruiserweights were developed really well. For whatever reason TNA dropped the ball and both organisations now rightly or wrongly have little to no importance placed on a woman's division, IMO if your going to do something at least do it right or scrap the whole concept.

Just make woman in wrestling love interests or managers and be done with it.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:03 pm

BOOM! Go on Kaitlyn, if this means I get to see more of her on TV then I am game, happy days.

As for the state of the Divas division, it is dire and should be cut unless they are going to invest some time and effort to make proper storylines, it really isn't that difficult. Aslong as Kaitlyn can stay then all is good.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:15 pm

my own opinion is that female wrestling, like female MMA, is always going to be a niche within a niche. I don't know many men who really enjoy watching women fight each other. The demographic for combat sports/pro wrestling is male dominated.

I think it can be applied to many sports - how many football fans really care about women's football? It gets practically zero TV time and the gender inequality is still very much deep rooted into the sport.

Even the biggest female athletic stars are eclipsed by their male counterparts - anyone know the fastest woman in the world? I don't, but everyone knows Usain Bolt.

WWE will never do the Divas division justice because there's too much institutional prejudice in sport.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:12 am

At least NXT seems to have some desire to build women who wrestle. If they take it slowly with that and actually build a roster, I will accept them wasting time with the current Divas.

I say give the belt to AJ. People seem to think shes too busy with Dolph, but she could come out for matches too, and use Big E if needed. Would look strong as part of a stable to have her holding the belt.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down