The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indoor season

+3
davidl1061
Anthony Treacher
lfc91
7 posters

Go down

Indoor season Empty Indoor season

Post by lfc91 Fri 11 Jan 2013, 7:57 pm

Just wondering when roughly the indoor season will be starting?

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Indoor season Empty Re: Indoor season

Post by Anthony Treacher Fri 11 Jan 2013, 8:16 pm

For me, tomorrow. M70 200m and 400m at Stockholm Masters Indoors after a year off due to knee problems. Wish me luck.

Anthony Treacher

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

For a few of the athletes I coach they have already started. There will be more and more 'open meetings' over the next few weeks for athletes to start competing.

I know a few have been tweeting already that they have had at least 1 race

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Thu 28 Feb 2013, 4:46 pm

Big long weekend coming up with the European indoors.

GB medals likely to be between 6 and 10 including both relays. Sadly no Pozzi in the hurdles as he's still injured.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu 28 Feb 2013, 5:54 pm

Will pozzi be back for the outdoor season?? Cant beat a weekend of athletics! Although i(like most people i would assume) prefer outdoor to indoor.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Thu 28 Feb 2013, 6:24 pm

lfc91 wrote:Will pozzi be back for the outdoor season?? Cant beat a weekend of athletics! Although i(like most people i would assume) prefer outdoor to indoor.

He's recovering from a hamstring problem. Was hoping to be fit for this weekend so we can expect him back soon.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 01 Mar 2013, 7:17 pm

decent day all things considered for GB today in Goteborg, most of the athletes progressing smoothly enough. A couple of disapointments in Rimmer and Chambers falling at the heats stages. Chambers has been struggling with his back all year and hasn't posted any time of note, so it's not surprising, but maybe he's reaching the end of the road (he is 34 after all). Rimmer's result was poor though, I think he was the fastest European time this year coming into these championships, so a bit of a disaster to fall at the first hurdle. Robbie Grabbarz was also a worry, failing to clear 2.28 in the high jump, though his first time clearances of the previous bars were enough to put him through to the final (a bit fortunate, but today's another day I guess).

Elsewhere, in no particular order:
- Perri Shakes-Drayton and Eilidh Child qualified for the 400m semis as the two fastest competitors, both winning their heats. PSD especially looked impressive. Shana Cox (who hasn't had a great year so far) squeezed through as a fastest loser.
- the two other Brits in the men's 60m, HAA and James Dasaolu both made it through, Dasaolu looked quietly impressive in winning his heat (third fastest).
- Equally in the men's 800m Joe Thomas and Muktar Mohammed went someway towards consoling GB from Rimmer's poor performance, both winning their heats and thus giving them a good lane draw for the semi-finals.
- in the men's 400m, all three GB competitors made it through comfortably to the next round, Richard Strachan winning his heat while Michael Bingham and Nigel Levine were runners up in theirs, all three in the top five times overall.
- Holly Bleasdale overcame a nervy first attempt at 4.36, clearing 4.46 and 4.56 on the first attempt to sail into the final (four women only cleared 4.56).
- Shara Proctor needed just one attempt to sail into the long jump final (her 6.61 was just short of the qualifying mark but more than good enough and she didn't need to jump again).
- Jenny Meadows, on her long-awaited return from injury, finished third in her 800m heat (easily the hardest) to secure an automatic qualification for the semis.
- a pleasant surprise in the women's 1500m where Laura Muir produced a really gutsy run and a PB to finish second of her heat and secure automatic qualification for the final. Well done Laura clap
- Yamile Aldama qualified sixth for the women's triple jump final, a SB of just shy of 14 metres for her.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Fri 01 Mar 2013, 8:34 pm

I think Rimmer has only run one indoor 800 before. So put that down to inexperience.

Good running by HAA. Let's hope he can improve further.

Was hoping for more from Chambers but he's clearly not fit.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 02 Mar 2013, 2:27 pm

good morning again for the Brits. Tomlinson had to dig deep in the long jump qualifying but came up with a SB on his last attempt and his 7.98 got him through comfortably. Lewis had just the one failure at 5.60 in the pole vault but cleared 5.70 at the first attempt to also make the final. Asha Philip was second in her 60m heat in a decent 7.19 to ease through to the semis. A final appearance for her would be a pretty decent effort IMO, the medals look a little out of reach but you never know. Finally in the women's 3000m Laura Howarth finished second and thus is comfortably through to the final.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Jam Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:34 pm

Great run from James Dasalou to claim the Euro Indoor Silver, and in a very good time of 6.48 [ same time as Vicaut ] clap A lot more to come OK

Chambers' efforts not Brill. Clearly not fit. This is his last season to mix it. Think he can still figure in the UK picture if he can get fit. Cannot Dismiss him. Close to making the final at London Olympics. Can be there abouts if he sorts it.

Finally, looking forward to seeing Gemili in action too. So much potential...

Come on the Worlds Yahoo

SJ

Strawberry Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:48 pm

yep was a great run from Dasaolu, and an excellent effort to knock a tenth off his PB through the day. Bodes well hopefully for the outdoor season.

disappointing from Grabbarz, but the signs were there yesterday unfortunately. He's still a very fine jumper, but never quite got his run-up right this week-end. Also slight disappointment for Proctor just missing out on the long-jump medals. Gold and silver were prob beyond her, but a bronze looked very feasible. Just couldn't find that one big jump.

Good progression through the semis otherwise, nice to see Meadows back to winning ways again, very strong run from her. PSD looks so impressive too in the 400m, a real chance of a gold medal there (and maybe another medal from Child too). Decent chances too in the men's 400m, though probably more competing for minor medals there. Mukhtar Mohammed ran a fine semi-final too I thought, he must fancy his chances. Joe Thomas ran a decent race but missed out, I think it was a case of the three others just being stronger than him.

So plenty of chances for tomorrow. On individual form there's a decent chance of the relays doing well too (three representatives in each final, even if Shana Cox is slightly fortunate to be there). Also spotted that Asha Philip has a very decent draw for the semis, the first semi looks stronger than the second to me and if she runs her best she should make the final.

Lastly, of course, a huge congrratulations to Holly Bleasdale on winning Gold in the pole vault. Did really well to keep calm in the jump-off and came up with the big ones when it mattered.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Sun 03 Mar 2013, 2:04 am

This seems to be a very fast track so I'm expecting better things from Asha.

Marvelous performance by Dasaolu who got better and better through the rounds. For me, was the best performance today. PSD's semi was also a stand-out performance. Mohammed and Meadows also impressed.

Lots to look forward to tomorrow. Will Lewis, Tomlinson and Phillips spring surprises?

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 03 Mar 2013, 10:30 am

PSD clap

had looked absolutely dominant through the rounds, and was absolutely dominant in the final too, just a magnificent performance (and a WL, sub 51). Also a wonderful race by Eilidh Child to come second in a big PB for her clap. Interestingly Shana Cox went out very hard from lane 1, reaching the back straight in third position behind the other two Brits. Wonder if this was a tactic? Force the other girls to expend more energy to get past her. Anyway, brilliant performance from the Brits, another Gold and Silver added. Come on Mukhtar!! well he didn't quite get his tactics right, hanging back in fourth but when Kszczot made his move two laps out he should probably have covered it and moved up a bit. However, a gutsy final lap earned him a hard-earned bronze, which is a very good start, and hopefully good experience for him.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 03 Mar 2013, 10:51 am

Meadows just out of the medals Sad

she ran with her usual tactics, taking it out from the front, but when the attacks came she just didn't have the legs to respond. Still, promising signs for the outdoor season and it's great to have her back clap

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 03 Mar 2013, 11:13 am

Good run from Nigel Levine, producing a SB time from a difficult lane 3 to earn a well-deserved silver medal behind the untouchable Maslak. 4 medals this morning for GB then, with the women's 3000m on now. Aldama improved marginally on her SB again in the triple jump but was well out of it in 6th.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Sun 03 Mar 2013, 11:18 am

More chances this afternoon.

Should medal in both 4 x 400 relays.

Outside chance of medals for Lewis, Phillips and Tomlinson.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 03 Mar 2013, 12:04 pm

Haven't seen this yet (Eurosport here in Australia is a bit inconsistent : we got day one live but it has been recorded highlights since then ) but I am not surprised at PSD and Child after seeing the semis ...
Big effort from Levine though , I really thought Bronze was the best the Brits could hope for in that event .
Looking good for the relays...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Sun 03 Mar 2013, 6:43 pm

teassoc wrote:More chances this afternoon.

Should medal in both 4 x 400 relays.

Outside chance of medals for Lewis, Phillips and Tomlinson.

Way too optimistic with those outside chances Sad

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 03 Mar 2013, 7:22 pm

I don't know, neither Philip nor Lewis were a million miles away (4 hundreths for Philip, 5 centimetres for Lewis). Tomlinson hasn't quite got there yet, a pretty consistent series of jumps for him but couldn't pull out a big-ish one to get in amongst the medals.

Well done on the relays both winning Gold, the girld beating the British record in the process clap

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down