The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Unwatchable Scene In Cinema History

+21
Crimey
Kenny
killer-boosh
ShahenshahG
Stella
SharkSoul
RinoGattuso
Mind the windows Tino.
Morgannwg
Mr Bounce
hodge
bluestonevedder
Skydriver
superflyweight
djlovesyou
Duty281
Hero
compelling and rich
JuliusHMarx
kingjohn7
Galted
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Most Unwatchable Scene In Cinema History - Page 2 Empty Most Unwatchable Scene In Cinema History

Post by Galted Thu 10 Jan 2013, 5:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

It could be vomit-inducingly gory, buttock-crampingly suspenseful, involve catastrophic acting, bring up unpleasant memories or feature a close-up of Ernest Borgnine, but what movie scene do you have the most difficulty sitting through?

One of the worst for me is the pavement-bite in American History X, I wince just thinking about it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Most Unwatchable Scene In Cinema History - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Unwatchable Scene In Cinema History

Post by two_tone Tue 05 Feb 2013, 5:40 pm

Fair enough maybe I wouldn't find it as bad as I have pictured it but I was told about the scene with a new born baby which has finished it for me to be honest.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Most Unwatchable Scene In Cinema History - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Unwatchable Scene In Cinema History

Post by Galted Tue 05 Feb 2013, 5:53 pm

That scene barely existed in the way I've heard it described, was left very much to the imagination. I'm assuming it wasn't cut as I'd imagine it'd be illegal if shown as graphically as people seem to think it was.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Tue 05 Feb 2013, 7:11 pm

two_tone wrote:Irreversible has been mentioned already and along the disgusting Bellucci scene is the fire extinguisher scene. I'm guessing only me and Sharksoul have seen this film as it would be a main offender on here.

Audition's needle in the eyes torture wasn't easy to watch. I also really struggled to watch the scene where a girl gets thrown into the pit full of syringes in Saw II. Not particularly gory but it's horrible watching her thrash about and ending up resembling a battered porcupine.

I purchased it off ebay two tone, obviously paid a little more for it considering it's rare due to it getting banned over in the UK but yeah that Fire Extinguisher is brutal also. I just think Vincent Cassell is pure class.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 06 Feb 2013, 8:36 am

Pretty sure I got it off play.com as I did almost all of my dvd shopping on there back in those days before the German lot took over the website and upped the prices. Could be wrong though but I remember not paying a great deal for it, is it actually banned?

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 06 Feb 2013, 9:48 am

Just watched the fire extinguisher scene. That's pretty severe to say the least.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Wed 06 Feb 2013, 1:28 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:A news story today about the Magdalene laundries has reminded me that I watched The Magdalene Sisters a few years ago. That had erased itself from my memory until now.

I don't remember any specific scenes now, just that the whole thing was absolutely discomforting.

One of the survivors said the film didn't actually show how bad it really was either.

The most shocking part of that film is the writing on screen at the end that reveals that the last of the laundries closed in 1996!

As a sidenote - one of wife's friends has a small part in that film as a cousin of one of the girls and (spoiler alert) who helps them run away.

Speaking of that I remember my A-level Irish teacher let us watch the film near the end of a year. Speaks to just how gruesome some of the scenes were that just about every fella in the class were left speechless. Could never watch it again!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 06 Feb 2013, 2:51 pm

There were quite a few scenes in Wolf Creek and Silent Hill that made me cringe. Not to mention that scene from Hellraiser where the guy gets ripped to pieces by hooks.

That scene from 28 Weeks Later where Robert Carlyle's character (now an infected zombie) gouges his wife's eyes out, then munches on her face and neck, while she's screaming and thrashing, strapped to a hospital bed.

The bit in Resident Evil where the Hive's computer activates the laser defence system, which cuts one of the guys into little cubes also makes me queasy every time I see it.

I also find the scene from The Thing where the dog has its own "Alien chestburster" moment, quite disturbing (probably as I've owned a few dogs in my time).

The scene from Dog Soldiers where the guy is trying to put his entrails back in, with one of the others trying to help him is pretty stomach-churning (pardon the pun).

On a more sober note I always find the end of Schindler's List hard to watch, without shedding a tear or two (the last 15-20 minutes or so).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 12 Feb 2013, 12:55 pm

Stella wrote:Just watched the fire extinguisher scene. That's pretty severe to say the least.

After watching some of the film on youtube, I'd say that the r*** scene was just as bad to view.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:19 pm

Stella wrote:
Stella wrote:Just watched the fire extinguisher scene. That's pretty severe to say the least.

After watching some of the film on youtube, I'd say that the r*** scene was just as bad to view.

Both are comfortably inside the top 5 worst scenes I have watched.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 12 Feb 2013, 4:21 pm

two_tone wrote:
Stella wrote:

Both are comfortably inside the top 5 worst scenes I have watched.

Definitely.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2