The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carroll Not Wanted by Newcastle

Go down

Carroll Not Wanted by Newcastle Empty Carroll Not Wanted by Newcastle

Post by Enforcer Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Striker Andy Carroll says Newcastle asked him to hand in a transfer request before his £35m move to Liverpool.

The 22-year-old, who signed a new deal in October, claims he was in talks over an improved contract when it became clear that he was no longer wanted.

However, Magpies boss Alan Pardew insists he was not forced to leave.

He told the Shields Gazette: "We had a conversation about him wanting a new contract, and [Carroll said] if he did not get that contract he wanted to go."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9383448.stm

That is very interesting. The £35million bid was probably too much for the board to turn down, have they tried to save face with the fans with the request?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Carroll Not Wanted by Newcastle Empty Re: Carroll Not Wanted by Newcastle

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:30 am

It's all very strange, E.

Pardew has come out and said that Carroll wanted a wage rise to stay, but as he only signed a new deal in October so the board refused. If this is correct then i back the board 100%. Barton is rumoured to be taking a wage cut to stay here for life and giving Carroll more money would have caused problems.

Carroll is saying he was forced out and never wanted to leave, but after spouting about wanting to be the next Shearer and then leaving for more money you can see why he would say it.

The text messages seem a bit too coincidental and i'm starting to think the work is more from Carroll's side than Ashley's.

If they were planning on selling Carroll, they would've had a backup. But we signed nobody to replace him.

I am starting to believe that Ashley had no choice but to accept the money and sell him.

Back to top Go down