The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Canelo vs Mayweather for May 2013?

+2
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Valero's Conscience
6 posters

Go down

Possible Canelo vs Mayweather for May 2013? Empty Possible Canelo vs Mayweather for May 2013?

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:18 pm

Canelo apparentely posted on Facebook in spanish but tranlates to:

"HELLO! GREETINGS our next fight is scheduled to take place on May 4 are close to finalizing the Mayweather fight GO WITH EVERYTHING!"

I have my doubts as I don't reckon Mayweather will take such a risk at this stage in his career but huge props if he does.

I think Canelo is very good and will fulfill his potential but he is easy to hit which Floyd will take advantage of. Saying that Canelo is a huge LMW, fast and strong with good combos and will give Mayweather trouble IMO.

Most likely wishful thinking but would be very happy if the fight is made.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Possible Canelo vs Mayweather for May 2013? Empty Re: Possible Canelo vs Mayweather for May 2013?

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:29 pm

Floyd should win but I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo pulls off the upset, an massive props to Mayweather if he takes it

Cotto is by nature a welterweight yet showe dthar he was stronger than Floyd and bullie shim at times to the ropes. Alvarez is alot bigger than Cotto and has heavier hands.

People say Mayweather chose to fight cotto for weigh fire, but it had to do with age. His legs aren't as quick as they ice where and I think that he can't keep a pace going as well as he could

Canelo isn't a slugger either, he can box and counterpunch but his lack of head movement does mean he gets tagged. If he works on his fitness he could outwork Floyd but if he fights at a pace Mayweather will hit him too easily

I would watch it and could be the passing of the torch if Canelo wins, although I would rather he fight floyd in September to get a bit more experiance as Lopez to Mayweather is a huge leap in class

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Possible Canelo vs Mayweather for May 2013? Empty Re: Possible Canelo vs Mayweather for May 2013?

Post by bellchees Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:36 pm

Hardest fight of Floyds career if he goes through with it, which is why I suspect he won't. Hell of a way to leave the sport though if he could beat Alvarez then retire.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:44 pm

bellchees wrote:Hardest fight of Floyds career if he goes through with it, which is why I suspect he won't. Hell of a way to leave the sport though if he could beat Alvarez then retire.

Agreed, doubt it would happen but would be spectacular if he did, and won then retired!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:56 pm

If/when Mayweather beats Alvarez, all the detractors come out in force saying Canelo was an ove-rated bum who feasted on blown-up former greats, never-weres and, ironically, the equivalent of Mexican roadsweepers

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 18 Dec 2012, 3:41 pm

Canelo is on an undercard of the Floyd show on Cinco de Mayo. Floyd will be fighting Guererro.

That's the God's honest truth.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 18 Dec 2012, 3:43 pm

School Project wrote:Canelo is on an undercard of the Floyd show on Cinco de Mayo. Floyd will be fighting Guererro.

That's the God's honest truth.

This will make do, but Guerrerro in the words of Simon Cowell doesn't have the X-Factor!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 18 Dec 2012, 3:47 pm

It won't matter too much.

Guererro is a sellable guy (Cancer story, Mexican blood). Floyds return from prison... It'll be a 24/7 wet dream.

Beatable for Floyd AND the mandatory for Floyd at Welterweight. The card would sell huge due to it being over the Mexican holiday so they stick Canelo on the card too and BOOM! GBP make a fortune.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 18 Dec 2012, 4:52 pm

Fairly sure that Floyd wouldn't fight at 154 if he wasn't positive that he could beat the fighter concerned. In this case, I would think that he is right. Canelo is far from a bum, but he is also made to measure for Mayweather, in my opinion. I think back to Whitaker-Vasquez at 154 and reckon that this one is potentially another of the same ilk.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:37 am

its a great match up but one i see floyd being too smart and winning enough rounds to get the W.

i dont see it happening but mayweather can shock us every now and then.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down