The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talksport - Gareth A Davies

+2
Sugar Boy Sweetie
seanmichaels
6 posters

Go down

Talksport - Gareth A Davies Empty Talksport - Gareth A Davies

Post by seanmichaels Sat 15 Dec - 5:53

Like the Talksport station. Decent listen 9/10 during respectable hours.

Just heard there's a new show hosted by Gareth A Davies. Fight Club on from 7pm - 9pm tomorrow. GAD just been on and spoke real sense re Groves, Froch, De Gale and especially Khan. Could be a good show.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Talksport - Gareth A Davies Empty Re: Talksport - Gareth A Davies

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 15 Dec - 7:03

Really? I've tried TalkSport repeatedly but can't get on with it. Brazil's breakfast is ok, but Keys & Gray makes me nauseous - Keys is such a creepy sycophantic smug git. Then the Drive show - Adrian Durham has to be the biggest a-hole in Britain, proper reactionary sensationalist BS, he knows jack all about football and just tries to antagonise the listeners. It's essentially a football show yet it's co-hosted by an ex-cricketer Darren Gough who can barely string two sentences together. The only decent pundits or broadcasters they have are on at times when you wouldn't normally listen to the radio such as Mark Saggers, Ian Danter, Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy. If they gave Cundy & Goldstein the Drive show and binned Durham & Gough I might give it more of a listen. A boxing show might be interesting, A. Davies knows his stuff and he's far more bearable than Bunces faux cockney geezer BS.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by paul12342 Sat 15 Dec - 7:56

Hawksbee and jacobs are the best that station has to offer.....

paul12342

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 15 Dec - 8:12

Don't listen to them anymore, used to listen to Alan Brazil breakfast show at 6am when getting ready for work, don't get the chance to listen to the moose talk about he papers at 6:15 anymore though which I used to love due to leaving for work around that time.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Dec - 10:36

Glad to hear that Gareth A Davies is presenting a show, that will be worth a listen.

Most of the time SHOUTsport is garbage. Brazil is junk. They used to have a good format with Gab Marcotti doing a slot but it's all gone terribly downhill in recent years.

At least this is a step in the right direction. One small step for radio, one giant leap for talksport.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 15 Dec - 11:38

I dont rate the guy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 15 Dec - 14:06

Was going to come on and give this a mention in case anyone was interested, but I see someones beaten me too it, looking forward to it personally (even if I will miss it live). As someone who isn't as knowledgeable about boxing as many on here, I can't give as much of a critique on pundits but I like G.A Davies though I understand he's being co-hosted by Ritchie Woodall who I've seen a few on here can't abide.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sun 16 Dec - 5:37

Talksport is ok but until recently Darren Gough has seemed to be their boxing correspondant and it is truly embarrassing to listen to. The point I was making is that they seem to be getting behind it now. GG is a regular as is Froch.

Agree with most comments re the station in general but Durham is good. You can't have chat unless someone takes a side. He defends the indefensible incredibly well. H&J are hilarious. Keys & Gray are dreadful but they have great contacts for guests. Collymore is also very good.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down