The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 20 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Stella Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:26 am

Started watching The Karate Kid (1984). Never seen it, would you believe. A bit cheesy but Elizabeth Shue looks great heart 
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 09 Sep 2013, 9:36 am

Elysium.

Was pretty poor I thought, didn't really get the point of the plot idea, and the Hollywood ending way too contrived. Disappointing as I really enjoyed District 9, but Bloomkamp doesn't do such a good job here...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:13 am

Next with Nicholas Cage. A man can see 2 minutes into his own future except where a particular woman is involved. Good fodder for a Sunday evening, but that's about it.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:32 am

"The Cook the Thief his wife and her Lover"....absolutely loved it back when it first came out. Helen Mirren gets her kit off, Michael Gambon is an unhinged a villain as you could wish to see and costumes by Jean Paul Gautier...what more could you want?

PS The JPG bit was a joke...or was it?

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 9:12 am

The Dark Knight Rises.

Average, not as good as made out to be.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 10 Sep 2013, 9:31 am

world war Z - better than i thought but nothing like the book

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:30 am

Taken 2 - 7/10

After hearing and reading bad reviews on what sounded like a poor sequel, I had quite low expectations heading into this. On reflection, although not as good as the original, the plot was decent and had good storyline development, certainly leaves the door open for a third instalment

While I'm not Nicolas Cage's biggest fan, Justice was a decent film with an excellent storyline plot. Well worth watching if you catch it on sky movies.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 10 Sep 2013, 3:46 pm

Taken 2

Not as good as the first ( but then when are they ) but not a bad way to spend an hour and half
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm

The Way, Way Back

Really funny and sweet movie with Steve Carrell cast as a horrible step-dad, and it works perfectly, especially when Carrell is almost always the nice guy in his films. Sam Rockwell was really funny in it and the mum of the kid with the lazy eye was also hilarious.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:36 am

12 Angry Men was on MGM this morning so I watched that after seeing a few posts about it on here. Really, really good film. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:12 am

Kentucky Fried Movie...........again. Still a classic!!

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:28 pm

Office Space.

Seen it before. Still excellent.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 1:30 pm

Cyril wrote:Office Space.

Seen it before. Still excellent.
The scene where they wreck the fax machine is superb!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:18 pm

Just watched Pain & Gain.

Have to say, I thought it was very good.
Some funny bits.
Wharlberg was good in it.
The Rock I thought was excellent.

a strong 7/10

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:48 am

westisbest wrote:Just watched Pain & Gain.

Have to say, I thought it was very good.
Some funny bits.
Wharlberg was good in it.
The Rock I thought was excellent.

a strong 7/10
Agree with westi, Dwayne Johnson is hilarious. I like the bit at the seminar when he's off his face on coke and the bit where they're tracking the guy down at the Motel and he threatens the desk guy with a baseball bat. Amazing to think that it's a true story though. Just goes to show how stupid these bodybuilders are and makes me glad I'm such a slender creature.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 9:03 am

The Rock is quality in it.
Think he's a good actor overall.

When they're in the motel room and the small guy walks in.
Whalberg shouts "Grab that cabbage patch" I was laughing for a few minutes after.

Another funny bit.
When Whalberg is looking for a volunteer to attack the woman.
All the guys put their hands up and he says, " we only need 1 guy, this is not a gang r***".

Alot better than I thought it would be.

To be hones did'nt know to much about it before I saw it.
Am a fan of both The Rock and Mark Whalberg, so had a feeling I would like it.

Dare I say I did'nt even know it was a true story.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:34 am

Olympus Has Fallen (2013).

Utterly ridiculous.

I did enter into it knowing that it would be utterly ridiculous though, so I wasn't disappointed. As an action movie it's not bad at all, well, the first half hour. The assault on the White House was very good, some of it was quite inventive. The best part of the film by far. After that it just turned into an even more ridiculous, violent, patriotic, buddy-movie, action romp. The sort of thing Bruce Willis used to do in his sleep.

6/10.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:40 am

westisbest wrote:The Rock is quality in it.
Think he's a good actor overall.

When they're in the motel room and the small guy walks in.
Whalberg shouts "Grab that cabbage patch" I was laughing for a few minutes after.

Another funny bit.
When Whalberg is looking for a volunteer to attack the woman.
All the guys put their hands up and he says, " we only need 1 guy, this is not a gang r***".

Alot better than I thought it would be.

To be hones did'nt know to much about it before I saw it.
Am a fan of both The Rock and Mark Whalberg, so had a feeling I would like it.

Dare I say I did'nt even know it was a true story.
Even when the words "This is a true story" came up on screen and 3/4 of the way through when the film appears to veer off into the realms of the ridiculous and it says "This is still a true story" or when it shows the actual villains with a quick summary of what happened to them? Hmmmm.......

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 11:06 am

I meant before I watched it.
Christ I aint that stupid..........

I got that part bud:)

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 11:53 am

Phew!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 12:11 pm

Surely you must have realised that.

Hey Smile

Anyway Good film.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 2:03 pm

I take nothing for granted on these boards these days!

Back to top Go down

Post by TinRibs Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:21 pm

Just watched Alfred Hitchcock's "Rope".

It's possibly the oldest film I've ever sat and watched start to finish ( 1948 ), and I can honestly say it was gripping. It's no secret that Hitchcock was a master of suspense, and in Rope I felt it from the very beginning.

The plot is simple enough for those who don't know about it. Two friends kill a fellow college student and hide his body in a chest. They then host a party and use the chest as a buffet table as a way of committing the "perfect crime." The suspense from it all comes from the fact that they're constantly trying to avoid being found out.

It's supposed to come across as being in real time too. There are minimal cuts and the cuts are, at times, barely noticeable, giving the impression that the film was shot in one single take.

Definitely an 8/10, I'd highly recommend it.
TinRibs
TinRibs

http://richieandrews.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrff Thu 12 Sep 2013, 11:19 pm

Brunette in that is banging too.

Scottrff

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:20 am

TinRibs wrote:Just watched Alfred Hitchcock's "Rope".

It's possibly the oldest film I've ever sat and watched start to finish ( 1948 ), and I can honestly say it was gripping. It's no secret that Hitchcock was a master of suspense, and in Rope I felt it from the very beginning.

The plot is simple enough for those who don't know about it. Two friends kill a fellow college student and hide his body in a chest. They then host a party and use the chest as a buffet table as a way of committing the "perfect crime." The suspense from it all comes from the fact that they're constantly trying to avoid being found out.

It's supposed to come across as being in real time too. There are minimal cuts and the cuts are, at times, barely noticeable, giving the impression that the film was shot in one single take.

Last week I finally dived into the Hitchcock box sets I bought a few years ago and wached Rope and Rear Window - the plot-pacing, acting and dialogue in both are superb.  Only gripe about Rope (though it's more about what I'd read than the film itself) is that it was supposed to be based on the Loeb and Leopold case, it followed the basic premise but not the details.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:47 am

Star Trek: Into the Darkness.

Immense in every way. Only dodgy thing was Simon Peggs accent.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:05 am

Rope is indeed excellent. The play is excellent also.

In a different style I watched RED last night. Pure entertainment. "bring out the pig!"...

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 12:31 pm

Mike Selig wrote:Rope is indeed excellent. The play is excellent also.

In a different style I watched RED last night. Pure entertainment. "bring out the pig!"...
I like John Malkovic at the end screaming "Moldova sucks!"

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:33 pm

Serpico (1973).

Love 70s cinema and this is another classic.

Prime Pacino. Class.

7.5/10.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by TinRibs Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:32 pm

Galted wrote:

Last week I finally dived into the Hitchcock box sets I bought a few years ago and wached Rope and Rear Window - the plot-pacing, acting and dialogue in both are superb.  Only gripe about Rope (though it's more about what I'd read than the film itself) is that it was supposed to be based on the Loeb and Leopold case, it followed the basic premise but not the details.
Rear Window is next on my Hitchcock list. Rope is the 3rd of his I've seen, the other two being his most famous two; Birds and Psycho.
TinRibs
TinRibs

Back to top Go down

Post by TinRibs Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:34 pm

Scottrff wrote:Brunette in that is banging too.
She wasn't bad, aye. A bit of a slag though. If the dialogue is anything to go by, she's been through most of the cast.
TinRibs
TinRibs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:37 pm

TinRibs wrote:
Galted wrote:

Rear Window is next on my Hitchcock list. Rope is the 3rd of his I've seen, the other two being his most famous two; Birds and Psycho.
Can I also recommend The Trouble with Harry (Hitchs own personal fave) and The Man Who knew Too Much.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:38 pm

And of course, Strangers on a Train which is just fantastic.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm

Saw Rush today.

8/10

Very good film if you don't know about one of the greatest F1 rivalries, I did know about what happened prior to seeing this as I saw a Documentary on this being a F1 fan and all.

But recommend it for F1 Fans, great film and Hemsworth portrayal of Hunt is very good, Lauda is not too bad part from the accent.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:13 pm

World War Z - Not a bad watch at all, and quite a good story. Had to been more gory and some of the scenes with the zombies running done without so much CGI then it would have been a lot better, but still a 6.5/10.

Fast and Furious 6 - A franchise that, at least in my opinion, has gotten better the longer it has gone on. The storylines are better and with The Rock added to the cast it is always going to have some funny one liners. I think Johnson and Vin Diesel bounce off each other quite well and am now looking forward to the next one. 7/10.

The Worlds End - Starts off as a good film, and is a good film up until the end. Not as good as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz but still funny and worth a watch. 6/10.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 14 Sep 2013, 9:46 pm

50/50 - A comedy about a young man (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) who's diagnosed with Cancer, and how he and his loved ones deal with it. Seth Rogan plays his best friend. the story hit quite close to home for me as one of my friends was diagnosed with a similar kind of cancer as Levitt's character. The film had no right to be so funny, but despite the dark premise it's a really good watch. 8/10

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:35 pm

Trouble With The Curve

Eastwood yet again plays a grizzly old man, who this time plays a Baseball scout. It's a bit like directing with numbers, with the love story, father and daughter strained relationship, and two characters who you know will end up with egg on their face but it wasn't bad.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:38 pm

I watched Jack Reacher.

Really enjoyable for the first 3/4 of it and then got a bit silly.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:40 pm

Adam D wrote:I watched Jack Reacher.

Really enjoyable for the first 3/4 of it and then got a bit silly.
The ending was terrible.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 16 Sep 2013, 12:57 pm

Bull wrote:Saw Rush today.

8/10

Very good film if you don't know about one of the greatest F1 rivalries, I did know about what happened prior to seeing this as I saw a Documentary on this being a F1 fan and all.

But recommend it for F1 Fans, great film and Hemsworth portrayal of Hunt is very good, Lauda is not too bad part from the accent.
It's brilliant, I think whether you're an F1 fan or not you should go and see. Fantastic film.

Lauda is spot on, the accent is pretty much perfect if you listen to the two one after another. Daniel Bruhl puts in a stronger performance in a much tougher role than Hemsworth imo.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 1:28 pm

I'm looking forward to Rush, I know some of the story, and I think Hemsworth is really making his mark in Hollywood. The void Heath Ledger left for a hunky Australian is about to be filled methinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 1:41 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I'm looking forward to Rush, I know some of the story, and I think Hemsworth is really making his mark in Hollywood. The void Heath Ledger left for a hunky Australian is about to be filled methinks.
(as Hugh Jackman weeps)

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 16 Sep 2013, 1:46 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:I'm looking forward to Rush, I know some of the story, and I think Hemsworth is really making his mark in Hollywood. The void Heath Ledger left for a hunky Australian is about to be filled methinks.
(as Hugh Jackman weeps)
Rolf Harris looks like leaving another void for a hunky Australian.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 2:00 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
(as Hugh Jackman weeps)
Rolf Harris looks like leaving another void for a hunky Australian.
Thought Rolf's forte was creating huge voids in hunky Australians.

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Mon 16 Sep 2013, 2:03 pm

Paul (2011).

A bit disappointing. I'm not sure what it was about it but I just found myself not laughing at the 'funny' parts. It was kind of like watching a kid's film, with obvious childish humour, that had adult language. I didn't get it.

6/10.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 17 Sep 2013, 11:23 am

This is the End (2013).

Seth Rogan and Jay Baruchel play themselves getting stoned and partying at James Franco's house with Jonah Hill and Michael Cera and some other actors that you might have heard of. Then it appears that the Apocalypse has arrived and lots of fun ensues.

Seth Rogan fans will love it.

7/10.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 1:25 pm

STC wrote:This is the End (2013).

Seth Rogan and Jay Baruchel play themselves getting stoned and partying at James Franco's house with Jonah Hill and Michael Cera and some other actors that you might have heard of. Then it appears that the Apocalypse has arrived and lots of fun ensues.

7/10.
..and who might they be?

Anyway watched "I Spit on your Grave 2" but dunno why I bothered, knew what to expect and ended up fast forwarding most of it.

4/10 because I'm in a less cr@ppy mood than usual

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 17 Sep 2013, 1:30 pm

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas - was rubbish - one-dimensional characters, poor acting and a ridiculous plot, not to mention it stars the little tw@t from Hugo and the German family and Jewish prisoners it's about all speak with frightfully lovely English accents.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Tue 17 Sep 2013, 1:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

7/10.
..and who might they be?
There has to be some?

I admit I don't mind him. I even 'like' him in some films.

I wouldn't class myself as a fan though.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Sep 2013, 1:47 pm

STC wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

7/10.
..and who might they be?
There has to be some?

I admit I don't mind him. I even 'like' him in some films.

I wouldn't class myself as a fan though.
I've seen people distance themselves from Jimmy Saville with less haste

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next