The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal missing AO'13, now not coming back until MC'13?

+18
Born Slippy
summerblues
Jeremy_Kyle
banbrotam
Josiah Maiestas
Mad for Chelsea
hawkeye
YvonneT
invisiblecoolers
JuliusHMarx
User 774433
LuvSports!
barrystar
bogbrush
Haddie-nuff
time please
Silver
lydian
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Nadal missing AO'13, now not coming back until MC'13? - Page 4 Empty Nadal missing AO'13, now not coming back until MC'13?

Post by lydian Thu 06 Dec 2012, 10:46 am

First topic message reminder :

...or maybe the South American swing in late February before that (Acapulco 500 from Feb 25th which he said he was going to play...)
It was only 2 days ago he was saying he looks forward to coming back but doesnt expect to win AO13, now he says he's not even going to enter it...what's changed?
Being realistic about coming back on HC not being the best idea to test his knee....if thats the case I'm all in support of him returning back on clay.
Either way, this is becoming a huge amount of time out of the tour...it'll be 3 majors missed (if the Wimb loss is attributed to him not being right)...plus he'll be missing IW and Miami HC Masters.
Wonder what his ranking would be if he missed everything until MC....he'd have 4500-ish pts I guess (1000+1000+500+2000+Madrid)...that would still keep him top 6.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/tennis/rafael-nadal-says-he-is-unlikely-to-make-australian-open-return_752697.html

But is this even true, there seem to be conflicting reports circulating around...is he or isnt he...you never quite know with Team Nadal!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Nadal missing AO'13, now not coming back until MC'13? - Page 4 Empty Re: Nadal missing AO'13, now not coming back until MC'13?

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 12 Dec 2012, 9:11 am

I agree Lydian everything still sounds iffy to me... Toni´s final word on Abu Dhabi

However, just as a precautionary word, Toni did state that if Rafa doesn't feel he's at 100%, then they won't make the trip as there is no point ruining all the hard word just for one week.

You pays your money you take your choice Whistle

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Nadal missing AO'13, now not coming back until MC'13? - Page 4 Empty Re: Nadal missing AO'13, now not coming back until MC'13?

Post by lags72 Wed 12 Dec 2012, 10:39 am

lydian wrote:Rafa said yesterday..."My goal is to reach Acapulco well prepared and then be really fit for Indian Wells and Miami."

Doesn't sound like AO13 is concrete at all...

But in fairness I don't think AO has ever truly been concrete has it ....?

More like plexicushion these days I believe Cool

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:40 am

lags72 wrote:
lydian wrote:Rafa said yesterday..."My goal is to reach Acapulco well prepared and then be really fit for Indian Wells and Miami."

Doesn't sound like AO13 is concrete at all...

But in fairness I don't think AO has ever truly been concrete has it ....?

More like plexicushion these days I believe Cool

Doh : Must be Christmas Nadal missing AO'13, now not coming back until MC'13? - Page 4 1054138444

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 12 Dec 2012, 12:24 pm

haha lags...very drole!

Had a nice time around your neck of the woods HN.
Went to that new La Zenia mall...very nice and huge!
Lovely weather over the weekend too compared to here!
Saw that Irish bar has changed to La Vista as well ;-)
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 12 Dec 2012, 12:45 pm

We were at the mall too over the week-end Lydian ... heh we may have brushed shoulders and not known it.. Proper state of the art isn´t it but too be perfectly frank I can never find what Im looking for there. Went to the new Media Mart.. they were as much use as a pair of cardboard wellies in a thunder storm.. landed over at Dos Mares St Javier got what i wanted and 60 euros cheaper !!!
You were literally 5 mins drive from me at the La Vista... !!! weather was good and it is beautiful again today... Glad you had a good time

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Wed 12 Dec 2012, 1:20 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/20435244

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 12 Dec 2012, 2:59 pm

We went to Media Mart twice (Saturday, then Monday for some more bits...) so yes we likely walked past each other...lol. What a huge place that is!
We had a nice coffee in the open air too in the square there...warm enough to just sit there with T-Shirts on...amazing difference with UK at this time of year...and not just the heat, but the blue skies, and the longer daylight too...all makes a huge difference! My parents have additional property on Vilamartin so we pass through your area alot. Was a lovely break...and the walks along Guardamar beach werent unpleasant either....tipping the sand sculpture guy as always of course! Smile
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 12 Dec 2012, 4:21 pm

Of course they are brillliant arn´t they. Yes the weather now is beautiful though as I said before we did have some bitter winds... Nights are cold for us .. daresay you hardly noticed. I was looking for a Nexus 7 ... in Media Mart they were €249 plus €30 if I wanted an assistant to help me with downloading bits and bobs on to it.. Sorry Run And it was a take it or leave it attitude Yikes Dos Mares €199 and they will help me with it for nothing... Ok! and happy to do it Very Happy

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 12 Dec 2012, 7:09 pm

Sounds like a good deal, I was looking at the mini-Ipads, and picked up the Nexus 7 too to have a look at it. What a small world hey... Smile
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 12 Dec 2012, 7:31 pm

Great minds etc Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4