The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues - Only chance

2 posters

Go down

Cardiff Blues - Only chance Empty Cardiff Blues - Only chance

Post by wales606 Sun 24 Apr 2011, 11:42 am

After this weekend, with the Ospreys losing to Munster, the Blues need only to win 1 of their 2 remaining games to qualify for the semi finals.

However if we want to stand any chance of winning the ML, we need to aim higher...

Currently the Blues sit 5 points behind 2nd place Leinster.

With the HC on their minds I would expect Leinster to beat Glasgow in Dublin next week - but importantly, not to get a BP.

If that happens then the Blues need 1TBP and 2 wins from their last 2 games to get a home SF, as long as they score 10 more points in their 2 games than Leinster in their 1, to give themselves a higher PD.

If we acheive this then the semi finals will be,

Munster v Leinster
Blues v Ulster

Although we lost at home to Ulster this year, we did do the double over them last year and in a semi final I would back us to do the buisness.

In the other semi, I would expect Leinster to continue their good record against Munster and win.

That would leave us with our best chance of winning the ML (though its still a very slim chance :/) with the final being

Blues vs Leinster - in Cardiff.

So now all we have to do is win 2 away derbies and learn to score tries........I live in hope.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues - Only chance Empty Re: Cardiff Blues - Only chance

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 26 Apr 2011, 11:16 am

To be honest i would expect the Blues to have a real hard time against the Dragons at Dave, and depending on results a bit of a battle witht the Scarlets at PYS (as they can still qualify if the Blues and Ospreys fail to win any more matches). Also I would expect Leinster to pick up a fairly easy five point win against Galsgow, unless Galsgow can up their game considerably compared to their last outing.

So I would expect the play-offs to be Munster, Leinster, Blues, Ulster. Which would give the semis of
Munster V Ulster
Leinster V Blues

Also isn't the final played at the home of the winner between 1st and 4th placed sides? So that would be either in Munster or whoever plays them.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down