The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JCW Up in Smoke iPPV

Go down

JCW Up in Smoke iPPV Empty JCW Up in Smoke iPPV

Post by ADMIN Sat 23 Apr 2011, 8:18 am

In the early hours of Thursday morning UK time, I watched my second live JCW iPPV. Commentary was by Kevin Gill who is the voice of JCW, and probably the most underrated commenter in professional wrestling. Shaggy 2 Dope joined him on colour.

I missed the first match, as PsychopathicLive.com requires the latest version of Flash, which I didn’t have installed. So consider yourself warned. Matches two and three were Bull Pain and female wrestler Isabella Smothers beating Zach Gowen and Eugene, followed by Rhino beating Sexy Slim Goodie (that name is the definition of irony) with a Gore. Both matches were fine for their position on the card and delivered without overshadowing anything to come later.

The first match of note was Sabu accompanied by Charlie Brown against 2 Tuff Tony. Highlight was 2 Tuff Tony pouring alcohol on his hand, lighting it, and punching Sabu. Match ended in a no contest when Rob Conway attacked 2 Tuff Tony followed by Rhino making the save. Conway looked great, could step into a WWE ring at a moments notice and not look out of place. The interference set up a Sabu and Conway vs. Rhino and 2 Tuff Tony at the next iPPV.

Next was a match designed to get Kongo Kong over against Bill Martell. Kong’s a scary looking fat jungle savage who has monster heel potential and is going places in JCW.

The highlight of the whole show was next in Weedman vs. Officer Colt Cabana. Colt was dressed as a Police officer and came to the ring shining a torch into fans eyes to see if their pupils were diluted. He grabs a stoned fan and handcuffs him, which was a nice touch. Match finished when Cabana removed Weedman’s mask and Weedman bailed to not reveal his identity. In a pure stroke of genius, Cabana got out an evidence bag and placed the mask in it. He guaranteed at the next show he would find out Weedman’s identity, put him in a jail and **** him. That’s what I call a heel.

After that was Ring Ryda’s winning the JCW tag titles from Madman Pondo and Necro Butcher. Ryda’s are high flyers, and Necro and Pondo are hardcore, so a clash of styles that could have gone very wrong. Surprisingly though it ended up working great and was the best match on the show. Lots of cool high spots and sick bumps. After the match, Necro and Pondo hugged and applauded the champions.

We had a musical performance by a guy named Boondox that the fans in the audience ate up.

Main Event was No DQ Falls Count Anywhere for the JCW Championship. It started as champion Corporal Robinson against Bryer Wellington, but following constant interference by Butler Jeeves was turned into a three way by order of ICP’s Violent J.

Match went through the crowd and all over the building. Robinson dominated for the most part until Kongo Kong came out and hit him with a chair and choke slammed him through a table. In a total shock, Butler Jeeves capitalised on the situation and pinned Robinson wining the JCW Championship to end the show. Finishing the show in a shock title change does build intrigue for the 4th May iPPV. I’d argue though that there are better ways than a fluke title change to someone who appears to be a bottom of the card wrestler.

I’d recommend the show to anyone who enjoyed early ECW. Had lots of action and some pretty cool moments throughout. The $5 alone is worth it to see Cabana’s performance.

taken from http://www.thepowerbomb.com/2011/04/jcw-delivers-value-for-money-on-ippv-with-up-in-smoke/

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down