The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow v Leinster 23/11

+32
Feckless Rogue
GLove39
MacKnocked-on
jimbopip
asoreleftshoulder
dublin_dave
Pot Hale
Golden
the-goon
Cryptoyourisan
IanBru
rodders
VinceWLB
Manky-Flanker
Pat_Mustard
21st Century Schizoid Man
123skelm
ghad
RDW
reallybored
Rory_Gallagher
LeinsterFan4life
Sin é
Gibson
Scot Abroad
George Carlin
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Dorothy_Mantooth
UlstermaninGlasgow
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
EST
Jenifer McLadyboy
36 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Glasgow v Leinster 23/11 Empty Glasgow v Leinster 23/11

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 20 Nov 2012, 4:17 pm

A bit threadbare, missing 2 whole front rows to intl duty, not to mind all the others and the big name injuries (O'Driscoll, R Kearney, Nacewa, Ftizgerald, to name a few) Badly in need of a win.

Glasgow is one of the last places we need to be going. Possibility of Sean O'Brien making a return on the bench is the only good point. They won't want to risk him though if he is not 100%

The teams:

Glasgow: 15 Peter Murchie, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Alex Dunbar, 12 Peter Horne, 11 DTH Van Der Merwe, 10 Ruaridh Jackson, 9 Sean Kennedy, 8 Josh Strauss, 7 Chris Fusaro (c), 6 Rob Harley, 5 Tom Ryder, 4 Tim Swinson, 3 Mike Cusack, 2 Pat MacArthur, 1 Gordon Reid.
Replacements: 16 Finlay Gillies, 17 Ofa Fainga'anuku, 18 Moray Low, 19 James Eddie, 20 Ryan Wilson, 21 George Graham, 22 Scott Wight, 23 Byron McGuigan.

LEINSTER:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brendan Macken
12: Andrew Goodman
11: Fionn Carr
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Jack McGrath
2: Aaron Dundon
3: Jamie Hagan
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Quinn Roux
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Sean O'Brien

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Thomas Sexton
17: Jack O'Connell
18: Martin Moore
19: Devin Toner
20: Jordi Murphy
21: John Cooney
22: Noel Reid
23: Andrew Conway

Last edited by Jenifer McLadyboy on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Glasgow v Leinster 23/11 Empty Re: Glasgow v Leinster 23/11

Post by EST Tue 20 Nov 2012, 4:44 pm

This is an important game for both teams. For Leinster to get back in the mix and for Glasgow to keep ahead of the chasing pack.

Apparently the warriors have a few players coming back, both from Injury and from the international squad.

As with any game against Leinster, it will be a very tough; but considering all the players that are missing, there couldn't be a better time to play them.

Team could look something like this:

Reid
MacArthur
Cusak
Swinson
Ryder
Harley
Fusaro
Strauss

Kennedy
Wight
DTH (apparently fully recovered)
Nathan
Dunbar
McGuigan
Thomson

Ofa
Gilles
Araoaz
Eddie
Wilson
Jackson
Benentt

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 20 Nov 2012, 4:50 pm

Warriors need to maintain their momentum, and at the same time put one of their play-off rivals (currently in a weakened state) away - 7 league wins on the trot would be impressive for a team that not many gave much hope for at the beginning of the season; just disappointing that those first two losses were to rivals Ulster and Scarlets

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:04 pm

Can't see Pat Mc coming straight back in after 6 weeks out although talking to him two weeks ago he was absolutely raring to go... Still I expect Finn will start and Pat on for half an hour at the end!

May also see S Lamont back as Seymour is in line to start vs Tonga and Murchie will be bench cover...

Also even thought Troy did pretty damn well in the last match vs the Dragons, he may be dropped for the Messiah... Wouldn't really surprise me from Toonie.
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:13 pm

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:Can't see Pat Mc coming straight back in after 6 weeks out although talking to him two weeks ago he was absolutely raring to go... Still I expect Finn will start and Pat on for half an hour at the end!

May also see S Lamont back as Seymour is in line to start vs Tonga and Murchie will be bench cover...

Also even thought Troy did pretty damn well in the last match vs the Dragons, he may be dropped for the Messiah... Wouldn't really surprise me from Toonie.

Aye, I was semi guessing at some of the picks, what with all the injuries/Internationals coming and going. Should be a strong team though, especially up front. As for the Messiah...he does have (his only previous) experience of playing Leinster. Would prefer to see Nathan and Dunbar to start, with Bennett coming on at 13 with Dunbar to 12; but with Toonie at the helm who knows!

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:48 pm

Should be a good test of Glasgows strength in depth. Can see us starting with 3rd or 4th choice players in a number of positions. However our pack strength in depth is light years ahead of where it was a couple of years ago so that should be fine.

Back line could be a bit mix and match but Depending on who makes the cut with Scotland.

Never a good time to meet Leinster but with them missing so many also we really should be targeting the win.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:39 pm

Was there not some talk of Luke Fitz being back for this one???

Can't believe we are missing 2 full front rows, it's actually crazy!

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:50 pm

In fairness if McArthur isn't back Glasgow will also be missing two full front rows (Grant, McArhur, Low / Welsh, Hall, Kalman) it's just that Glasgow have been missing most of those players since the start of the season! So their 3rd choice is still pretty decent!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:09 pm

Thinking that Glasgow should have a fairly tidy pack if it can last the full 80, with a mixed set of reserves to come on if needs be, and the backline will depend largely on the mad combinations that Toonie puts out. I hope that young Kennedy can show his talents again, and it would indeed be fantastic to have DTH back if he's ready

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:10 pm

I am very happy with Glasgow's strength in depth this year - compare it to only a year ago when the cupboard was absolutely bare.

Now look at the line up that we can field (based on the number of players apparently fit again: http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/5190-townsend-looks-to-leinster):

1. Low
2. MacArthur
3. Cusack
4. Swinson
5. Ryder
6. Harley
7. Fusaro
8. Strauss

9. Kennedy*
10. Jackson
11. Van Der Merwe
12. Nathan
13. Dunbar
14. S. Lamont**/McGuigan
15. R. Lamont***

* Niko freezing his bits off in Tblisi.
** Seymour may well have his international place.
***May be a little early.

We absolutely have to win this one.

If Leinster are down to a third choice second row, then Reid and Cusack should have a field day and if Low is back and fit, it's going to be a long afternoon for the Dubliners in the scrum.

How terrific to have a fit and rested backrow of the Ginger Tackle Monster, Fozzy and Straaauuussss.

Last edited by George Carlin on Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Schooled.)
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:22 pm

I thought Fiji were playing Georgia this weekend? Or has Niko been released from the squad?

Can't see Muzza coming straight in at 1, or did you mean to have Big Gordy there? Also if G-Dog is back he could end up coming in at 12...
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:28 pm

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:I thought Fiji were playing Georgia this weekend? Or has Niko been released from the squad?

Can't see Muzza coming straight in at 1, or did you mean to have Big Gordy there? Also if G-Dog is back he could end up coming in at 12...

Lets not get too hasty now, he needs plenty of rest, he should probably put his feet up for the rest of the season.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:31 pm

You are correct UiG - forgot that it was actually IN Georgia so didn't show up on my fixtures check. Niko will be used to the cold by now, having experienced a Glasgow 'summer'.

If Muzza is not fully fit, then Mr Reid should definitely start but if Low is anywhere near fit then it would be great to see him on the bench.

Morrison?????? mad No, no, no, no. Wash your bloody mouth out boy boxing

We've only just got a centre partnership that can distribute. I...I just can't face going back to the glacially slow crash ball nightmare. Cry
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:38 pm

Yeah I only realised it was away when someone mentioned it on the Ireland/Arg thread... random.

Oh definitely! But young Gordy hasn't let anyone down yet this season! Although he'll be living off that try against the Dragons for a few years to come!

I only mention Morrison as Troy seems to have only been in the squad against the Dragons due to himself and Dunbar being the only fit centres in Glasgow! So I'm not sure if he's managed to get back into Toonie's good books or whether Lineen having signed Maitland and Bennett for Glasgow has made Toonie realise that a player Sean signed might actually be decent. Nathan is a classy player and gives us an option outside Jacko/Wight for the boot.

ALSO... Jacko won't start. No Pete Horne to kick for him so Scott Wight to start.
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:43 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote: 7 league wins on the trot would be impressive for a team that not many gave much hope for at the beginning of the season; just disappointing that those first two losses were to rivals Ulster and Scarlets

Oi Asbo, I backed Warriors for the playoffs before the season started. Just sayin bud. Ale

Their consistency throughout the whole of last year was magnificent. After a bad start (albeit v the top 2 now), they are at it again this year and with a stronger squad. Its great to see. I have a gra for them. Love to see them in the SF's again and possibly their 1st Final.

On Leinster, where do I start? Missing 2 x full International front rows is bad enough, but most of the better backup players, who would normally make us competitive in the international break, have been long-term injured or nicked internationally.

Isa Nacewa, Dom Ryan, Strauss(now with Ireland), VD Merwe(now with SA) O' Malley, plus newbies Quin Roux & Tom Denton, are serious backup, Add 13/14 Internationals with Ireland and our squad is at its barest for years. Not making excuses, that's the price of success.

Having said all that, musn't grumble. Things are moving in The Force. We need O Malley back and in full-flow asap, to replace BOD. And he can. I hope that starts in Scotstoun or failing that - home to Zebre next week. The same goes for O' Brien. We badly need them ready for ASM away. Having Fitzgerald & Nacewa back for Zebre would be a huge boost also.

On this game itself, Warriors by a decent score. We will do really well, if we to hold it down to a LBP. They will knock 7 bells of shoite out of us up front and build on that. TBH, if we were to lose to anyone in the upper-regions of the PRO12, Id rather it was the deserving Glasgow Warriors, than any of the rest. I just admire them.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:51 pm

Gib, you are absolutely right you - once again, a lone voice howling in the wind of chaff - mixed metaphors, moi?!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:56 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:A bit threadbare, missing 2 whole front rows to intl duty, not to mind all the others and the big name injuries (O'Driscoll, R Kearney, Nacewa, Ftizgerald, to name a few) Badly in need of a win.

Glasgow is one of the last places we need to be going. Possibility of Sean O'Brien making a return on the bench is the only good point. They won't want to risk him though if he is not 100%

Without O'Brien the bench is 6 Academy and 2 recent academy graduates.

McGrath
Sexton
Hagan
Cullen
Browne
McLaughlin
Jennings
Avua'a

Boss
Madigan
Carr
Goodman
O'Malley
Conway
D Kearney

Tracey, O'Connell, Moore, Marshall, O'Brien/Murphy, Cooney, Macken, Coughlan-Murray

Jen,
I assume you picked that side without inside info? Nae bad man. Nae bad. That backline has a few tries in it. Id play Macken with O Malley(if fit). McGrath & Hagan have come on in leaps & bounds. Our backrow is fairly strong and experienced, with Jenno and McLaughlin. Auva'a needs a big game. Cullen & Browne are no mugs. They wont be bullied. Sooo, maybe... just maybe, we could sneak a shock win.

That requires an extra-large BELIEVE roysh.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:58 pm

Gibson wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote: 7 league wins on the trot would be impressive for a team that not many gave much hope for at the beginning of the season; just disappointing that those first two losses were to rivals Ulster and Scarlets

Oi Asbo, I backed Warriors for the playoffs before the season started. Just sayin bud. Ale

Their consistency throughout the whole of last year was magnificent. After a bad start (albeit v the top 2 now), they are at it again this year and with a stronger squad. Its great to see. I have a gra for them. Love to see them in the SF's again and possibly their 1st Final.

On Leinster, where do I start? Missing 2 x full International front rows is bad enough, but most of the better backup players, who would normally make us competitive in the international break, have been long-term injured or nicked internationally.

Isa Nacewa, Dom Ryan, Strauss(now with Ireland), VD Merwe(now with SA) O' Malley, plus newbies Quin Roux & Tom Denton, are serious backup, Add 13/14 Internationals with Ireland and our squad is at its barest for years. Not making excuses, that's the price of success.

Having said all that, musn't grumble. Things are moving in The Force. We need O Malley back and in full-flow asap, to replace BOD. And he can. I hope that starts in Scotstoun or failing that - home to Zebre next week. The same goes for O' Brien. We badly need them ready for ASM away. Having Fitzgerald & Nacewa back for Zebre would be a huge boost also.

On this game itself, Warriors by a decent score. We will do really well, if we to hold it down to a LBP. They will knock 7 bells of shoite out of us up front and build on that. TBH, if we were to lose to anyone in the upper-regions of the PRO12, Id rather it was the deserving Glasgow Warriors, than any of the rest. I just admire them.
Believe.

As ever, Gib my boy guinness
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:58 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Gib, you are absolutely right you - once again, a lone voice howling in the wind of chaff - mixed metaphors, moi?!

Laugh

Man, the Scottish can take de pish beautifully, when giving a compliment. Love it dude. OK

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:17 pm

Incase anyone is interested in Leinster A v Munster A in Donnybrook last week highlights from Munster site.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/11142.php
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:27 pm

Sin é wrote:Incase anyone is interested in Leinster A v Munster A in Donnybrook last week highlights from Munster site.

Nah SIN, that wouldn't interest me atall atall. This, however, always does.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=yDNcbcSq3pQ&feature=endscreen

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:44 pm

Sin é wrote:Incase anyone is interested in Leinster A v Munster A in Donnybrook last week highlights from Munster site.

I hope it shows Adam Byrnes 12 minute cameo. He is currently with the Leinster u19s and has already a lot of hype around him.

He is a player to watch out for.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:57 pm

What position is he, LeinsterFan?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:29 pm

Great to hear that Low, MacArthur, Welsh, Cusiter, Lamont, Weir and DTH are all returning to fitness.

Glasgow really do have a great squad, especially with the recent addition of Bennett and Maitland.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:38 pm

'Mon the Weedge - never been a better time to play Leinster, and looks like you'll have the core of your team avaiable, so time for a BP win!!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:10 pm

Gibson wrote:

Believe.
Jaysus. It should interest you. A Munster team with 100 international caps and a bjillion senior caps took on the Leinster academy and barely got out of dodge with the win.

Their scrum was eaten alive, on toast, with boiled eggs on it.

Thanks Sin for the Vijo

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:22 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:What position is he, LeinsterFan?
Centre. He played at 13 against Ulster in the under 19 interprovincials.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm

Gibson wrote: Id play Macken with O Malley(if fit). McGrath & Hagan have come on in leaps & bounds. Our backrow is fairly strong and experienced, with Jenno and McLaughlin. Auva'a needs a big game. Cullen & Browne are no mugs. They wont be bullied. Sooo, maybe... just maybe, we could sneak a shock win.
O'Malley is good to go. Macken is a 13 though and that's where O'Malley is best. Goodman is a very decent player, perhaps it was a bit soon for him V the Ospreys. He was only off the plane.

Isa will probably be back next week, but Fitzer will be lucky to see the away Clermont game. Perhaps the bench there. We will need O'Malley sharp at 13 for that game too as BOD won't make it. Kearney a good way off too.

A win would indeed be a shock. Glasgow are some hard pipe-hittin muthafukkahs.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:28 am

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/mdtv/?play=media&id=13467

O Brien looks like playing a part this weekend. If not, then next weekend. He's in full training anyway. Great news. Here's hoping he wont have a setback.
Isa Nacewa, Quin Roux and Tom Denton also well on the way back. To me, the most important player missing, is Isa. Specially with Rob Kearney out till Jan. All hopeful for Warriors. More sure for Zebre.

Dom Ryan and Fitzgerald don't seem near ready yet. O Malley? Maybe Zebre. Edging towards caution

We could have done with another game before ASM. Even an A game, for them all.

Really could have done with them all for Warriors. Dems de breaks.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 21 Nov 2012, 7:21 am

Gibson wrote:

Anyone who hasn't clicked on the above should do it right now.

Absolutely brilliant. Best line: "Can anyone from Munster who actually supports Leinster leave the room right now".
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:57 am

Didn't realise that Leinster have won only once from four times of asking on the road this year, a 1 point victory over Treviso (never easy) - shows how slowly they start with all the international players held back, yet every years they crank it up and will be close to the top of the pile by end of season. Essential that Glasgow take this opportunity if they can

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:35 am

I assume teams are going to be announced today?

Back to top Go down

Post by ghad Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:38 am

Glasgow team announced tomorrow Pete.

ghad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 21 Nov 2012, 12:05 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:I assume teams are going to be announced today?
Always noon the day before. did it was Thursday already ?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 21 Nov 2012, 12:07 pm

pete (buachaill on eirne) wrote:I assume teams are going to be announced today?
kniht uoy

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:46 pm

With Seymour and Horne not making the Scotland team what do you think the chance of them being released for the Glasgow team are? Big boost if they were!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by 123skelm Wed 21 Nov 2012, 6:41 pm

George,

An absolutely brilliant link thanks for that what a remedy after a days shift

123skelm

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 21 Nov 2012, 7:10 pm

Amazing if Pat MacArthur and DTH get game time given their injuries. Wee Pat will be a shoey in for Scotland soon - once the BBE gets bagged. mo1

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Wed 21 Nov 2012, 7:21 pm

Schiz, Pat has been fit for the past two weeks, and is absolutely chomping at the bit to get playing again

He would have been on the bench vs Dragons but Toonie didn't want to rush him back considering he was a bold boy and never told them the first time that he had broken his foot....

So I'd expect him to be on the bench at the very least!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu 22 Nov 2012, 11:14 am

Glasgow Team

Murchie

Seymour
Dunbar
Horne
DTH

Jackson
Kennedy

Reid
McArthur
Cusack
Swinson
Ryder
Harley
Fusaro (Capt)
Strauss

Replacements
Gillies
Ofa
Low
Eddie
Wilson
Graham (Gala)
Wight
McGuigan

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Thu 22 Nov 2012, 11:29 am

That is one strong team for an international weekend! Only really missing Grant, Kellock, Hogg and Cus/Niko/Pyrgos from first choice side IMO (until Maitland available). Great to see McArthur, DTH and Low back. Also great to be able to call on an exciting young scrum half like Kennedy when missing the current starting Scotland 9, the current starting Fiji 9, a 64-times-capped former Scotland captain and Lion, and another promising youngster in that position. Unbelievable depth at scrum half when everyone's available! Townsend says of Kennedy, "even with those other players available, he would be pushing for a starting place".

Should be a win.

edit: forgot to mention Wight should have kept his place, but a strong team nonetheless

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Thu 22 Nov 2012, 11:32 am

Great to see MacArthur, Low and DTH back in the mix after their injuries.

Kennedy did well last time he started, hopefully he kicks on and gives the other Glasgow 9's a headache for the rest of the season. With Cusiter, Niko and Pyrgos around, he has got his work cut out though.

Should be a cracking match against Leinster.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 22 Nov 2012, 11:45 am

Whoof. That's a cracking side during the international window.

To be able to bring on two internationalists from the bench of the likes of Low and Ofa in the second half should make it a rough afternoon in the scrum for Leinster. Strength all over the field, with the exception of the halfback hinge which are an exciting couple of youngsters who will hopefully shine given the chance.

Glasgow really don't have many excuses for not taking this one with a bit to spare.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 22 Nov 2012, 12:03 pm

George Carlin wrote:Whoof. That's a cracking side during the international window.

To be able to bring on two internationalists from the bench of the likes of Low and Ofa in the second half should make it a rough afternoon in the scrum for Leinster. Strength all over the field, with the exception of the halfback hinge which are an exciting couple of youngsters who will hopefully shine given the chance.

Glasgow really don't have many excuses for not taking this one with a bit to spare.

I applaud your confidence, George. And I agree that at home with that team we are probably favorites. But i wouldn't expect to beat any team that Leinster put out easily. Great for Glasgow that we can talk about this game with confidence though, compared to two years ago the difference is unbelievable.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Thu 22 Nov 2012, 12:09 pm

Agree that there are no excuses for Glasgow here. If they have any serious aspirations of winning the Pro12, then putting in a convincing winning performance at home against one of the teams that are also in contention for a top 4 place is vital.

C'mon Glasgow.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 22 Nov 2012, 12:14 pm

EST wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Whoof. That's a cracking side during the international window.

I applaud your confidence, George. And I agree that at home with that team we are probably favorites. But i wouldn't expect to beat any team that Leinster put out easily. Great for Glasgow that we can talk about this game with confidence though, compared to two years ago the difference is unbelievable.

Punchy, EST. That's me. Glasgow v Leinster 23/11 496889

I am less confident now that I've seen the Leinster back row:

LEINSTERGlasgow v Leinster 23/11 1660915282:

15: Isa Nacewa
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brendan Macken
12: Andrew Goodman
11: Fionn Carr
10: Ian Madigan
9: Isaac Boss

1: Jack McGrath
2: Aaron Dundon
3: Jamie Hagan
4: Leo Cullen CAPTAIN
5: Quinn Roux
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings
8: Sean O'Brien

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Thomas Sexton
17: Jack O'Connell
18: Martin Moore
19: Devin Toner
20: Jordi Murphy
21: John Cooney
22: Noel Reid
23: Andrew Conway
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 22 Nov 2012, 12:19 pm

I think his could be quite finely balanced - the Weeg may just edge the set piece, whereas Leisnter could take the breakdown with that backrow. Love the look of two attacking backlines

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu 22 Nov 2012, 12:36 pm

That's the way, George!

This is going to be very tight. The weeg should have the upper hand in the scrum, but in every other department its close. The winner of Jennings V Fusaro will go a long way to determining the result. Mon' Glasgow!

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu 22 Nov 2012, 12:44 pm

Strong Leinster back row indeed, some would argue it's actually their best possible combination with an O'Brien (when in form like 2011) instead of Heaslip at 8.

Should be a good game.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 22 Nov 2012, 12:46 pm

lot more confident after seeing our team. still don't we'll . but could be a good game

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next