The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

+82
Pal Joey
Scoped
ironrobson21
HammerofThunor
Golden
wales606
EnglishReign
Hookisms and Hyperbole
mckay1402
Shifty
Dave.
PJHolybloke
Artful_Dodger
Hood83
Pot Hale
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
LondonTiger
eirebilly
MRW
Smirnoffpriest
GoodinTightSpaces
munkian
overlordofthewest
Liam
Ospreydragon
MarcusHalberstram
Comfort
doctornickolas
kiakahaaotearoa
emack2
blackcanelion
WelshinEdinburgh
Higher_Ground
RuggerBoy
gowershowerpower
gavstar
BigTrevsbigmac
screamingaddabs
RogerLewis
Breadvan
gregortree
Taylorman
offload
SecretFly
rodders
disneychilly
RuggerRadge2611
George Carlin
Looseheaded
dragonbreath
damage_13
glamorganalun
flyhalffactory
tatterd
GunsGerms
Newsilure
BlueNote
samuraidragon
Luckless Pedestrian
ScarletSpiderman
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
aucklandlaurie
AFewTooManyKnocks
Morgannwg
nganboy
TycroesOsprey
gboycottnut
RubyGuby
GavinDragon
Seagultaf
bedfordwelsh
Cyril
Casartelli
jammoboss
mogg
anotherworldofpain
HERSH
Lyn2012
ALPanorak
majesticimperialman
thebluesmancometh
maestegmafia
86 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Wales v NZ

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_lcap8%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_lcap5%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_lcap11%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 9 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_lcap1%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_lcap0%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_lcap3%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_lcap19%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 15 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_lcap19%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 15 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_lcap18%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 14 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_lcap18%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 80

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Empty Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Nov 2012, 4:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

So this week saw the fans calls for players unused the week before who are in form this season answered and we lost to Samoa, we also lost more players to injury.

So what next...?

Wales offered little in impetus yet again. Few of the form players made a difference against Samoa. Wales have to make a massive improvement in every aspect of their game for next weeks match vs the ABs but what are your suggestions...???

Wales team:

Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Matthew Rees, Aaron Jarvis, Bradley Davies, Luke Charteris, Ryan Jones, Sam Warburton (captain), Toby Faletau

Replacements:

Ken Owens, Gethin Jenkins, Scott Andrews, Aaron Shingler, Justin Tipuric, Tavis Knoyle, James Hook, Scott Williams

New Zealand team:
Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Daniel Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw, Liam Messam, Sam Whitelock, Luke Romano, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock.

Replacements:
Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Brodie Retallick, Victor Vito, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Ben Smith.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:29 am; edited 4 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Empty Re: Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by PJHolybloke Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:44 pm

Get off, not a chance.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 13 Empty Re: Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by ironrobson21 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:44 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Can anyone whos Welsh understand a word that Adam Jones is saying?

Pardon?

Wales

ironrobson21

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:44 pm

off off off off off off!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:44 pm

Thats a harsh yellow to be honest
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:45 pm

Come on boys!

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoped Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:45 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:
wales606 wrote:The decision not to kick for goal is baffling, especially when Preistland twice turns those kickable penalties into AB scrums.

Put Hook on now.

Give it a break you are like a broken record Broken Record ................ 1/2p takes the kicks and makes the decisions whether to go for goal, the unwrtten rule is the kicker i.e. 1/2p makes the decision to kick
Perhaps you should be looking at the non existant defending of Cuthbert and Faletau, and the dire defence for both tries

Is this another one of your fairy land unwritten rules? You know the place where the back-row is called the back 3? I thought the captain made those decisions anyway, but it was obviously Gatlands intent for them to get tries on the board so I suppose he instructed them to do so before the game.

Student
Even you must get tired of your juvenile immature sideswipes its totally BORING now, I played the game longer than you have been born and its quite a common phrase "Back Three"

You really are an annoying person aren't you

Really? Back 3 is 11,14,15. Back row is 6,7,8. Never heard them used any other way

Scoped

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:45 pm

Do it again! 15 man lineout
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:45 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:
wales606 wrote:The decision not to kick for goal is baffling, especially when Preistland twice turns those kickable penalties into AB scrums.

Put Hook on now.

Give it a break you are like a broken record Broken Record ................ 1/2p takes the kicks and makes the decisions whether to go for goal, the unwrtten rule is the kicker i.e. 1/2p makes the decision to kick
Perhaps you should be looking at the non existant defending of Cuthbert and Faletau, and the dire defence for both tries

Is this another one of your fairy land unwritten rules? You know the place where the back-row is called the back 3? I thought the captain made those decisions anyway, but it was obviously Gatlands intent for them to get tries on the board so I suppose he instructed them to do so before the game.

Despite him trying to convince us otherwise, he is a Scarlets sympathiser. 1/2p being blamed for not asking to kick for goal is a new low for a Scarlet fan trying to justify Priestland's poor performance. Even I could kick a peno to touch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:46 pm

Why doesnt every team do that? Must be so hard to defend

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:46 pm

AFewTooManyKnocks wrote:
wales606 wrote:Why havent desperate teams tried that before?

Canada did it yesterday

Really?

Someone from the Welsh management must have been watching - someone give that Canadian coach a beer.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:47 pm

Jane's card was the same as Kearney's in Hamilton. No issue here.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AFewTooManyKnocks Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:48 pm

wales606 wrote:
AFewTooManyKnocks wrote:
wales606 wrote:Why havent desperate teams tried that before?

Canada did it yesterday

Really?

Someone from the Welsh management must have been watching - someone give that Canadian coach a beer.

Haha yea they tried it against the Maori. Didn'tt pull it off like Wales did though

AFewTooManyKnocks

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:48 pm

Are Wales starting to play better or are the AB's going off the boil?

I would say Wales because the AB's rarely go off the boil.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:48 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

Put Hook on now.

Student
Even you must get tired of your juvenile immature sideswipes its totally BORING now, I played the game longer than you have been born and its quite a common phrase "Back Three"

Can't admit you're wrong as always. Pathetic and bitter old man springs to mind.

You have had a ban already I think someone needs to recommend a life ban........... you are always spoiling for an argument and potentially spoiling this thread
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:48 pm

I didn't think that was a card, by the way the ball went into the air suggests an attempt to take it.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:49 pm

Difference is?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:49 pm

Dagg must be really p*ssed off at L.Williams - he keeps knocking the ball out of his hand.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:50 pm

Billy

Jane went for the ball, Williams was making a tackle.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:50 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Billy

Jane went for the ball, Williams was making a tackle.

Williams knew what he was doing there as well mate Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:51 pm

Maybe, but then IMHO Jane was going for the intercept

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:52 pm

I think it went too far ahead of him to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not a slap down but it was cynical. I don't mind the yellow. Seems the ABs are fired up though with a man down.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

Put Hook on now.

Despite him trying to convince us otherwise, he is a Scarlets sympathiser. 1/2p being blamed for not asking to kick for goal is a new low for a Scarlet fan trying to justify Priestland's poor performance. Even I could kick a peno to touch.
]

Dont attempt to say something I am not (Scarlet sympathiser) .........
I am not blaming 1/2p at all (when did I say that)........... I am just stating that two non kicks at goal is not blamed at one guy (Priestland) alone, the Welsh direction was clear.......... the coach, captain and main goal kicker makes the decision whether to kick for goarl or not
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

Put Hook on now.

Student

Can't admit you're wrong as always. Pathetic and bitter old man springs to mind.

You have had a ban already I think someone needs to recommend a life ban........... you are always spoiling for an argument and potentially spoiling this thread

No you are just condescending of people that post a different opinion to you and you like to point out the fact that they're wrong. Several people have told you that you are wrong and you can't take it so you have to come up with accusations like this. Pathetic and low and wearing Scarlet tinted specs as always.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

In my eye's McCaw could be up there with John Eales as the best player i have ever seen play the game.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

Sam Warburton is back Very Happy
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:54 pm

That 15 man drive try was the best thing I've ever seen. It was worth getting stuffed just to see that!

Jon Davies has been amazing. He's the only one trying things and he's got gas and brains. We need Henson back at 12 to make more space.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:54 pm

FINALLY
HE'S GONE
Yahoo

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:54 pm

Huge cheer for James Hook...or rather for Preistland going off.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:54 pm

RogerLewis wrote:That 15 man drive try was the best thing I've ever seen. It was worth getting stuffed just to see that!

Jon Davies has been amazing. He's the only one trying things and he's got gas and brains. We need Henson back at 12 to make more space.

I agree about the lineout - funniest thing I have seen all week.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:55 pm

That mo on Barratt makes him look a bit backward when coupled with the haircut!

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:55 pm

RogerLewis wrote:That 15 man drive try was the best thing I've ever seen. It was worth getting stuffed just to see that!

I'd be very surprised if we don't see Henson at least in the training squad for the 6N.
He's been playing good rugby and keeping his head down out of the tabloids, also Gats loves him.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:55 pm

Priestland has been SO bad today that he will DEFINITELY be first choice in all the 2013 matches.

That's how we roll in Wales!

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:55 pm

Hook should have been on sooner 15 mins is not enough time
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:56 pm

If Phillips and Priestland had not played we may have shipped 21 less points and actually scored a few.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:56 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

Put Hook on now.

Student

No you are just condescending of people that post a different opinion to you and you like to point out the fact that they're wrong. Several people have told you that you are wrong and you can't take it so you have to come up with accusations like this. Pathetic and low and wearing Scarlet tinted specs as always.

OK, hose it down you two. Enough is enough.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:56 pm

Great play from Davis clap
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:57 pm

Ooh looky, breaker is being all official Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:57 pm

Hook finds touch

Well...he is already beating Preistland
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:57 pm

clap great play from Linebreaker the mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:57 pm

First time Wales fans have cheered Hook in a while!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:57 pm

Davie having a great game on defence and attack. He's been sorely missed for Wales in the last two games. Priestland has been the antithesis.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:57 pm

RogerLewis wrote:If Phillips and Priestland had not played we may have shipped 21 less points and actually scored a few.

Harsh on Phillips
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:58 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Davie having a great game on defence and attack. He's been sorely missed for Wales in the last two games. Priestland has been the antithesis.

Agree
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:58 pm

Knoyle dumb as always. Is it too late to fast-track Gareth Davies into the team for next week?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:58 pm

eirebilly wrote:Ooh looky, breaker is being all official Laugh

I'll official you you cheeky bugger! Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:59 pm

wales606 wrote:
RogerLewis wrote:If Phillips and Priestland had not played we may have shipped 21 less points and actually scored a few.

Harsh on Phillips

Yeah i thought Phillips has been alright today, showed good strength and composure when pressured at breakdown.
Service has been slow as but that's down to more than just him.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 6:59 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Ooh looky, breaker is being all official Laugh

I'll official you you cheeky bugger! Wink

Damn, i was hoping for some red ink Laugh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sat 24 Nov 2012, 7:00 pm

wales606 wrote:

Harsh on Phillips

NOT AT ALL.

He had the opportunity to pass the ball from the ruck 10 metres out early in the game and didn't, then we had a turnover. He tried to go on his own and got turned over to lead to the NZ third try. Numerous other times he has been ABSENT at the ruck.

Him plus Priestland have had a hand in all three NZ tries.

The game is far closer than the score suggests.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 7:00 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Davie having a great game on defence and attack. He's been sorely missed for Wales in the last two games. Priestland has been the antithesis.

Yeah, definitely. We seem to have players who are either big and slow or small and weka, but he is one of the only ones we've got with fast feet and a bit of bulk and defensive ability.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 7:00 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:

Put Hook on now.

]

Dont attempt to say something I am not (Scarlet sympathiser) .........
I am not blaming 1/2p at all (when did I say that)........... I am just stating that two non kicks at goal is not blamed at one guy (Priestland) alone, the Welsh direction was clear.......... the coach, captain and main goal kicker makes the decision whether to kick for goarl or not

Come on mate, it's even quoted for you above. You said Halfpenny makes the decision, which is not true. He simply recommends whether he can make it, but it's the skipper's decision. That is basics. You know you lean towards the Scarlets too, despite the fact you're Scottish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next