The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

+82
Pal Joey
Scoped
ironrobson21
HammerofThunor
Golden
wales606
EnglishReign
Hookisms and Hyperbole
mckay1402
Shifty
Dave.
PJHolybloke
Artful_Dodger
Hood83
Pot Hale
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
LondonTiger
eirebilly
MRW
Smirnoffpriest
GoodinTightSpaces
munkian
overlordofthewest
Liam
Ospreydragon
MarcusHalberstram
Comfort
doctornickolas
kiakahaaotearoa
emack2
blackcanelion
WelshinEdinburgh
Higher_Ground
RuggerBoy
gowershowerpower
gavstar
BigTrevsbigmac
screamingaddabs
RogerLewis
Breadvan
gregortree
Taylorman
offload
SecretFly
rodders
disneychilly
RuggerRadge2611
George Carlin
Looseheaded
dragonbreath
damage_13
glamorganalun
flyhalffactory
tatterd
GunsGerms
Newsilure
BlueNote
samuraidragon
Luckless Pedestrian
ScarletSpiderman
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
aucklandlaurie
AFewTooManyKnocks
Morgannwg
nganboy
TycroesOsprey
gboycottnut
RubyGuby
GavinDragon
Seagultaf
bedfordwelsh
Cyril
Casartelli
jammoboss
mogg
anotherworldofpain
HERSH
Lyn2012
ALPanorak
majesticimperialman
thebluesmancometh
maestegmafia
86 posters

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Wales v NZ

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_lcap8%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_lcap5%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_lcap11%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 9 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_lcap1%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_lcap3%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_lcap19%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 15 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_lcap19%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 15 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_lcap18%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 14 ]
Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_lcap18%Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 80

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Empty Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by maestegmafia Sun 18 Nov 2012, 4:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

So this week saw the fans calls for players unused the week before who are in form this season answered and we lost to Samoa, we also lost more players to injury.

So what next...?

Wales offered little in impetus yet again. Few of the form players made a difference against Samoa. Wales have to make a massive improvement in every aspect of their game for next weeks match vs the ABs but what are your suggestions...???

Wales team:

Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips; Paul James, Matthew Rees, Aaron Jarvis, Bradley Davies, Luke Charteris, Ryan Jones, Sam Warburton (captain), Toby Faletau

Replacements:

Ken Owens, Gethin Jenkins, Scott Andrews, Aaron Shingler, Justin Tipuric, Tavis Knoyle, James Hook, Scott Williams

New Zealand team:
Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Daniel Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw, Liam Messam, Sam Whitelock, Luke Romano, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock.

Replacements:
Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Brodie Retallick, Victor Vito, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Ben Smith.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:29 am; edited 4 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Empty Re: Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by doctornickolas Thu 22 Nov 2012, 1:38 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:They should have moved Halfpenny to the wing, Liam Williams to full back.

+1

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews - Page 6 Empty Re: Wales v All Blacks Match thread, Poll, and Previews

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 22 Nov 2012, 1:43 pm

doctornickolas wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:They should have moved Halfpenny to the wing, Liam Williams to full back.

+1

Possible that they will interchange through out the match.

Also does anyone else think with the pretty poor rainny and windy weather we shold ensure that the roof is open, to try and bog the all blacks down? Scotland did the Aussies in awful weather in the summer, and the U20s beat the Baby Blacks in awful weather in the JWC too. Even if we don't win, it will keep the score down.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 22 Nov 2012, 1:44 pm

The thought did cross my mind, SS.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:07 pm

Okay, so George North is out, replaced by Liam Williams. Good thing, we wouldn't want it to be too easy, eh?

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:09 pm

I'm not too upset that George North is out. He's been great for us, but not recently, and Liam Williams is a slippery customer. I'm excited to see how he goes - and it's good that there's another couple of Scarlets in the backs who'll be on the same wavelength as him.

He might give us that something different we've been needing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:10 pm

I was wondering whether LW would go to F/B, he's certainly good under the high ball, but maybe doesn't have quite the kicking game Wales will need.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:13 pm

btw, I watched the documentary on Llanelli 9 New Zealand 3 last night - my goodness were those ABs rough, not to say downright filthy. It reminded me, I used to hate them - dour and bullying and getting away with all kinds of dirty stuff - but then they underwent this transformation into a wonderful attacking team with not a Murdoch or Loe or Ashworth in sight and now you just can't help admiring them.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:14 pm

I would have moved Jamie to the wing and brought in Scott Williams alongside JD thumbsup Liam is listed as a winger?

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:15 pm

BlueNote wrote:I was wondering whether LW would go to F/B, he's certainly good under the high ball, but maybe doesn't have quite the kicking game Wales will need.

I think Liam has just the kicking game Wales need. He kicks it high and then runs under it. If he is unable to catch the ball, he times it so he can, legally, smash the poor sod who does catch it.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:18 pm

Ruby, coaches these days seem to think that there isn't much of a difference between wing and fullback (Mike Brown selected on the wing for England, for another example). I disagree, but there you go.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:21 pm

Luckless - I was a full back all my life, I could not have played on the wing. I know the game has changed but for me positioning has always been the key skill of a FB and shoving a winger there would not work for me. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:22 pm

"coaches these days seem to think that there isn't much of a difference between wing and fullback"
I struggle with that, too.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:24 pm

Just looked at LW's stats on Scarlets' website - 13 st 7. He's surely more than that? He's quite a big lump.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:31 pm

Some players can interchange, and when it comes to running the ball back or kicking, there might not be much difference, but when it comes to finishing, you need a winger with a winger's instincts.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 22 Nov 2012, 2:35 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Some players can interchange, and when it comes to running the ball back or kicking, there might not be much difference, but when it comes to finishing, you need a winger with a winger's instincts.

Intersting that England have shoved Mike Brown on the wing. Foden has played there and Wales have 4 in the back who have all previously ben full backs

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 3:21 pm

Joubert loves the allblacks, but if wales want to be a good team they must learn to adapt to the ref.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 22 Nov 2012, 3:24 pm

Has Craig Joubert refereed the All Blacks since the World Cup final?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 22 Nov 2012, 3:25 pm

maestegmafia wrote:How much difference to the Welsh backline do you guys think JD2 will make?

I think you'll start to see some creativity from them. Even if he isn't completely 100% he's the best outside centre Wales have had since Shanklin so its a definite improvement. He's becoming a very complete international centre for the modern game and he's really seemed to develop his passing game. He's a very important piece in the welsh back line, more important than he is to the scarlets atm probably.

For all the warm talk from our friends down south, I dont hold too much hope for a welsh win. Of course, by the time the game kicks off ill be as positive as i will never eat yellow snow that wales are sure to make history Very Happy

Logical, but welsh.

ps. Liam Williams is a fiery character, so you can at least expect a bit more 'spark' in the welsh attitude....

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 22 Nov 2012, 3:35 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:Yeah he was particularly bad in the WC final.

I agree. He should have disallowed France's try since they were off-side at the ruck.

He should have disallowed New Zealand altogether for being ungracious winners, failing to acknowledge the losing team, for McCaw kneeing Parra in the head and for getting practically every 50/50 call in their favour.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by mogg Thu 22 Nov 2012, 4:55 pm

Dont think the ref gonna matter we've never been able to play the ref like NZ does we just gotta get our game right win/lose or draw

mogg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 5:00 pm

Comfort wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:How much difference to the Welsh backline do you guys think JD2 will make?

I think you'll start to see some creativity from them. Even if he isn't completely 100% he's the best outside centre Wales have had since Shanklin so its a definite improvement. He's becoming a very complete international centre for the modern game and he's really seemed to develop his passing game. He's a very important piece in the welsh back line, more important than he is to the scarlets atm probably.

For all the warm talk from our friends down south, I dont hold too much hope for a welsh win. Of course, by the time the game kicks off ill be as positive as i will never eat yellow snow that wales are sure to make history Very Happy

Logical, but welsh.

ps. Liam Williams is a fiery character, so you can at least expect a bit more 'spark' in the welsh attitude....

I agree on JD2, he is a good man to return, Scott Williams and Ashley Beck are good lads but not in the same class. I think He can bring out more from those around him. Scored a number of good tries for Wales and created far more...

Liam Williams for North was a surprise, shame for big George. Not a huge loss apart from in size, as Liam Williams has really impressed.

Reminds me of JPR withe the way he plays.. They are about the same size and have a similar hair cut too...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 22 Nov 2012, 5:28 pm

North is ruled out through injury isn;t he not dropped fpr Williams. Be interesting who starts at XV between him and Halfpenny and I wonder if they got the nous to switch it about.

For me JD is the man that makes backline tick
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 5:51 pm

Aye sure will. Its a pretty adept back three. Williams lacks international experience but he is a tidy player for a youngster.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:04 pm

Just has the news about North being out, i suspect 1/2 Penny move to wing and Williams at FB? I have not heard the bench replacement.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm

Looks like Carters out as well. I keep saying he should never train...another leg injury...limping off...same tape...different match.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:22 pm

Scott Williams is on the bench.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:30 pm

North out with a small hip injury. A skyscraper fell on him.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 22 Nov 2012, 7:08 pm

"Looks like Carters out as well. " Where did you get that from??

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 7:19 pm

Carter, deary me picard

Just 'in doubt'

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10849377

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 22 Nov 2012, 7:23 pm

That would do a little bit towards evening it up.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 22 Nov 2012, 7:32 pm

Looks like 77% for ABs
So Wales have a chance then.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 22 Nov 2012, 7:33 pm

Not really.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 7:33 pm

RogerLewis wrote:North out with a small hip injury. A skyscraper fell on him.
Poor old sky scraper came off much worse...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Nov 2012, 7:37 pm

North has been getting completely smashed in the tackle recently. I guess it's catching up on him.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Thu 22 Nov 2012, 8:07 pm

If Dan is out Wales should donate Preistland to the AB's and Wales can bring in another player to play out of position at 10, whoever it is will be an improvement whoever he/she is.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 22 Nov 2012, 8:12 pm

Are the South African buffet caterers from the 1995 RWC available for Friday???

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 22 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:North has been getting completely smashed in the tackle recently. I guess it's catching up on him.

He really hasn't.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 22 Nov 2012, 8:18 pm

Casartelli wrote:Are the South African buffet caterers from the 1995 RWC available for Friday???

Maybe the mods should do the sandwiches:
Biltong is a kind of cured meat that originated in South Africa. Many different types of meat are used to produce it, ranging from beef through game meats to fillets of ostrich from commercial farms. It is typically made from raw fillets of meat cut into strips following the grain of the muscle, or flat pieces sliced across the grain. It is similar to beef jerky in that they are both spiced, dried meats, but differ in their typical ingredients, taste and production process; in particular the main difference from jerky is that biltong is usually thicker (from cuts up to 1" (25 mm) thick), while jerky is rarely more than 1/8" (3 mm) thick and biltong does not have a sweet taste.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:14 pm

From the ABs camp

"Dan has a twinge in his right leg and will be assessed over the next 24 hours,"

"And an update will be given at the captain's run [on Friday]."

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:18 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Cyril on 606v2 wrote:North has been getting completely smashed in the tackle recently. I guess it's catching up on him.

He really hasn't.
Yes he has. A few bruising smashes where he was down for a while. It's bound to take it's toll on him eventually. The Samoans and Argentinians showed him who is really tough. No shame there though. They do that to players.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:32 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

He really hasn't.
Yes he has. A few bruising smashes where he was down for a while. It's bound to take it's toll on him eventually. The Samoans and Argentinians showed him who is really tough. No shame there though. They do that to players.

He really didn't. Unless; Could you provide us with some video footage of North getting smashed? Both matches should be on BBC i-player (they were anyway).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:34 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Cyril on 606v2 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

He really hasn't.

He really didn't. Unless; Could you provide us with some video footage of North getting smashed? Both matches should be on BBC i-player (they were anyway).
As a Welsh fan you really should have watched the games, Mr Powell. Tough viewing I know, but support your side!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:39 pm

Cyril, if you are referring to me I can assure I watch every single game involving my rugby team. I would remember North getting smashed. As far as I can remember, it has never happened in any match. He picks up injuries (like all players) and since his rugby career started a lot of those injuries have been re-occurring and halting his progress.

I knew you couldn't back up that statement. I have no idea why you were allowed back on 606V2 because all you have done since returning is stalk maestegmafia and post rubbish and inaccurate statements (so basically you're back doing the things that got you banned in the first place then).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:41 pm

What has any of that got to do with North getting smashed on a few occasions? WelshLadGareth, stay on topic!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:43 pm

Headscratch You're right Cyril, it has nothing to do with something that never was. Therefore, I was not off topic.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

By the way, I wasn't having a go at North (as I said). He's just not quite as good as he's sometimes made out to be. Same with the rest of the side. As shown recently.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:53 pm

Regarding this "Carter might have hurt his leg" story - is it just me, or doesn't this same story seem to get rolled out by the ABs every time they come to Cardiff, only for him to make a miraculous recovery on the day of the match? They're so cruel!

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:56 pm

Aye, he does seem to have a run of injuries...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:35 pm

"Reminds me of JPR withe the way he plays.. They are about the same size and have a similar hair cut too..." -- Yes, they are similar. JPR was/is 6' 1" and LW is listed as 6 1 or 6 2, but JPR (even in the 70s) was 14 st + (and was a big FB/player physically for the time). If LW is only 13 and a half stone, he needs to add more muscle mass to that height.

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:57 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:By the way, I wasn't having a go at North (as I said). He's just not quite as good as he's sometimes made out to be. Same with the rest of the side. As shown recently.

And I was merely pointing out another one of your incorrect statements. This is all off-topic anyway. Just like it would be off the tangent if started mentioning how England are always rubbish and can't even beat Ireland in a Slam Decider. #lackingtropiesandabilitiesaswellasmorals. OK
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next