The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner (Spoilers)

+3
88Chris05
mlop542
bellchees
7 posters

Go down

Broner (Spoilers) Empty Broner vs DeMarco (Spoilers)

Post by bellchees Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Master class from Broner.

He took a few rounds to have a look then decided he had seen enough and started just beating DeMarco up badly on the inside to an 8th round stoppage, very impressive.

I expected him to have a hard nights work but he really did look the business tonight. I can't see anyone troubling him at lightweight in that kind of form.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Broner (Spoilers) Empty Broner (Spoilers)

Post by mlop542 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Wow! Some performance from Broner this morning. Against an extremely durable opponent. Completely composed throughout, fantastic defence and such power. He still looked massive despite moving up.

So impressed with this performance, I think it was universally accepted that DeMarco was a step up but he was made to look extremely ordinary.

mlop542

Back to top Go down

Broner (Spoilers) Empty Re: Broner (Spoilers)

Post by mlop542 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:32 pm

See my thread! Completely agree.

We've seen Broner perform like this against lesser opposition, never expected it tonight but mightily impressed.

mlop542

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Brilliant stuff from Broner.

I had him down for the win, but never expected it to be that emphatic. As you've touched upon, it was how tight he was in defence which surprised me. We all know he's got the offensive arsenal, but he's been open to getting tagged and a touch unsure of himself when he can't get to his man in the past.

None of that tonight, however.

The comparisons with Floyd will doubtless still be unsettling for some. But on the back of that performance, it's a comparison he's starting to live up to. Fantastic showing against a man who is a very, very fine world level operator.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Amazing, this guy is the real deal and an obvious star of the sport

Demarco is no joke but Broner was more impressive than Valero stopping him a round earlier than Valero

He systematically broke him down and almost got the stoppage win the 5th round by fighting on the inside and for the rest of the fight he just stayed on the inside blocking and breaking demarco to the body and the head

Simply faultless. His defence isn't as good as mayweather but he carries a lot of power, tough chin and is very aggressive

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Wow really. What a connect ratio. Over 50%?! And the final uppercut will fit nicely into the other thread about best uppercuts because that was an absolute peach left check uppercut!!

Really impressed

Who next though?! Rios?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 am

Plenty of options for him at 135lbs atm and at 23 he doesn't need to be weight hopping at this point in his career. He proved he was #1 at 130 and just beat the guy who many considered #1 at lightweight

Unification fights with Vasquez (who isn't as good as Demarco) and burns will give him a legit claim to be the dominant champ and neither of those 2 stand much of a chance

Burns won't want anything to do with broner on the back of that. He has already ducked him once, and although the Mitchell win helped his confidence and sounded as if he wanted broner but on the back of that warren won't want it. Broner is too quick, too strong and generally too good for burns

I think Broner will beat Rios but if he elects to stand on the inside which he did vs Demarco he will find out how much bigger and tougher rios is. He will have to box smart from rang was Rios has a lot of power and won't give up

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:26 am

I'd like to see him clear out the Lightweight division before considering moving up, Vasquez, Burns and Abril are all solid operators but there shouldn't be enough there to trouble Broner.

I think Rios has the style to trouble him most from the guys around his weight class, he's a big Lightwelter with a rock solid chin, very good power, decent output and he wont be deterred from coming forward. I think that he would test Broner's chin and stamina further and could win rounds on work rate alone which could cause Broner some trouble.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 am

im guna make a bold statement and say i think ricky burns will beat broner if the unifaction fight happens, broner looks great when allowed to fight his way (which he normally does), but i think burns wont allow that to happen, will get the pace high and push broner in the late stages into ground he hasnt experienced

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:56 am

I think wrong statement was the word you were looking for eddy Laugh although I can see what you mean. I still think Broner sets the pace and wears him down him early leaving in no condition to take advantage in the latter stages.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:02 am

im completely unsuprised that most people feel that way, and can definetly see why, but i just think broners opponents have all been good but not great and demarco was a step up definetly, but even so i also think burns would have handled him just as easily, and he seems to be at his peak right now. i always get the feeling with broner than when the fight got tough he wouldnt be anywhere near his usual self (i could see it going like hamed vs barrera)

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:04 am

Eddy that is a bold statement and I doubt Burns has the chin or power to force broner out of his comfort zone. Broner may not have had as many rounds but De Leon kept up a good work rate and broner was the one who closed better. Likewise against Demarco he threw a lot of big heavy punches and didn't look like he was tiring at any point and was throwing more round by round

Mitchell managed to keep burns at bay with a jab and some movement but when burns hit him Mitchell was on Queer Street. Broner is a lot faster, alot better, has a tighter defence, heavier hands and based on his fights so far a good chin and won't fold like Mitchell did

Broner is the bigger name so you can imagine that the fight will be in America were Broner can fill out big stadiums which could intimidate burns. Burns is technically sound but will get broken down by Broner and he will want to finish burns in style. If burns tries to force his work he can be countered and broner is good enough to make him pay

On Rios, I hate to make comparisons but I fell that it could be like Gatti-Mayweater. Broner will find him easy to hit and given his power Rios can't keep eating shots as he'll get busted up like gatti. Acosta bossed Rios for 4 rounds but didn't have the speed or stamina to keep it up whereas Broner could imo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:10 am

im not sure about chin (not noticed many problems), but i do think burns power is on the up, i was completely not expecting a KO win over mitchell, so his power does seem to be improving.

i'd expect burns to be on his bike, boxing on the move, not engaging or exchanging and making it a hard fight, but think he has the skills to do that, he seems to be improving still, and he has the experience to deal with a brash hard hitting style.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 am

His power may be improving, although Mitchell isn't the hardest to stun, but he doesnt hit as hard as Demarco as that's or sure and Demarco couldn't hurt broner

He fights well on the back foot but none of his opponents to date have had the hand speed that broner has. Burns beat katsidis on the back foot but allowed himself to get caught on the ropes then return with cleaner shots, broner would let him off a she is so much harder to hit and throws a great body shot. Broner is also very good on the front foot and on the inside so its not as if burns can rough him up should he be losing. If burns tires to exchange jabs with Broner he will just be out scored and the American judges will give him rounds

Broners opponents may not have been great but neither has Burns and Broner has looked alot better than burns against a similar level of opposition. Burns is in his prime and Broner is still getting better at only 23 and still growing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down