The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results

+3
Hero
Afro
Marky
7 posters

Go down

Results Empty Results

Post by Marky Tue 06 Nov 2012, 3:35 am

Will appear here Results 3559488474

Marky

Back to top Go down

Results Empty Re: Results

Post by Marky Tue 06 Nov 2012, 5:07 am

English Group:

Bradistan 0-3 No Respek
(Villa, Giggs, Cassano)
default win + -1 for no vote from Bradistan

Tactically I like the set up from Azzy, but I’m not sure about Cassano up front alone. More of an in-behind kind of player for me. Like the use of Parker as a box to box player – it’s genuinely where he is at his best.

Moleicester City 1-1 Alan Partridge
(Cazorla)
Votes: 2-1, 2-2, 0-1, 1-2, 2-1, 1-0, 3-1, 3-1, 2-1 = 16-10 = 2-1 (minus 1 goal to Nando)

A fascinating game. I don't think that playing three at the back works unless you have two wide midfielders who can defend which they haven't done. However, the Partridges do not have the right balance to their midfield and should have man-marked or made a special arrangement to deal with Cazorla.
The team talk let City down, the manager has no respect for the cup and it showed in his teams performance. Partridge were hardly great themselves but they showed more guts and desire to win them the game.
Mole are short handed at the back I think. With AP coming down the wings and having two up front, there is a chance they will outnumber the Mole men, and I reckon they will plunder a win. Mole were also short of a defensive mind in the middle. I can see them scoring with their strikers though, but not enough to snatch it.
I really like the front 7 players of Moleicester and I think they took all the stopping in this game. They might need a bit extra against stronger midfields, but I felt that Ahaaaaa lacked in this department and couldn’t get a hold of the game at all
MC broke the deadlock to allow them a win late on.
Cazorla the difference, Tooze needs to move away from 4-4-2
Nando is really open at the back with those wingers, but Tooze doesn't really have the quality to exploit it. In return Nando has too much going forward.

Last edited by Marky on Tue 06 Nov 2012, 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 06 Nov 2012, 5:11 am

German Group:

Bayern Munching 0-1 Pass the Deutschie
(Huntelaar)
Votes: 3-2, 0-3, 1-0, 2-1, 0-1, 0-1, 2-1 = 8-9 = 1-1 (Minus 1 goal for Bayern Munching not voting)

Bayern set up well, but weren't prepared for their opponents, who were an entirely different team to the one they'd prepared all week to face. That set the tone for the game, as the pace of Sterling and Rose down the right was too much for Bertrand to cope with, and Pass the Deutsche's three CBs made easy work of Bayern's attack. Frings and Gentner had a ding-dong battle with Gundogan and Bernard, but had a touch more class on the ball. While Bayern's wingers had some freedom due to PTD's formation, they were unable to provide anything to Klose as he was so well stewarded. This could have been a great encounter, but PTD were prepared, and took advantage of Bayern's confusion.
Viva went experimental, and while it wasn’t a bad set up it was weaker than the opposition today. Rose seemed out of place on the right wing back role, and the Bayern wingers would be able to supply crosses to Klose who will take one of the chances.
Deutschie hit the ground running in my opinion, but just came up against a strong Bayern side. I like the Deutschie set-up and with a stronger striker, they might have made of a game of it. But this Bayern team is as strong as I see in the league and they will take some stopping.
Feel that Dutchie just have the advantage with their forward line being way too much for the Munching defence (especially Bruma) which allowed them to create one chance too many for Munching to deal with
Dutchie set up really well defensively and Huntelaar to come on and nick a winner just edging it for me

Bratwurst Mannschaft 3-1 VFL Fassbender
(Shaqiri x2, Cleverley) (Szalai)
Votes: 2-1, 1-1, 2-1, 2-1, 3-3, 2-0, 1-1 = 13-8 = 2-1 (+1 to Mannschaft for more than 3 win votes difference)

A very close game. Bratwurst had by far the better team, but were up against players they hadn't anticipated and that, along with VFL's strong tactics, made for a much more even game. Shaqiri had a very good game in his free role, but VFL persevered and got their just desserts as their wingers provided a lot of chances.
I really like Treb’s set up with a faux sweeper involved in the middle. There is potential to lack width but with the full backs going forward they should be adequate to take this one. I do think they will get sprung on the counter though, so they take the odd goal in three.
This could have bee revenge for VFL for me, but the tactics from VFL were poort. They show that they possess that little extra strength in depth than Bratwurst, but did not use their players as well, and as a consequence lost a game they should have been winning
There will be goals as both sides look very attacking, at the end of the day I think that they'll match each other hit for hit.
Treb's team is a bit better overall for me, and he really exploited the weak links in Bulls team (Sorenson and Buttner). Bulls a tad light without Mandzukic

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 06 Nov 2012, 5:12 am

Italian Group:

Murder on Zidane’s Floor 0-5 Atalanta Falcons
(Insigne x2, Diamanti x2, Maxi Lopez)
Votes: 0-2, 0-4, 1-2, 0-2, 0-2, 0-4, 0-2, 0-2 = 1-20 = 0-3 (+1 for 3+ more win votes, -1 for no vote from Zidane)

A very disappointing approach from FC Murder, who are clearly treating the cup with disdain. With such lacklustre preparation, FC Murder's big guns were left to their own devices and as such failed to link up effectively. Both Marrone and Petrucci were sent off, as their manager's instruction to "do whatever is required of you to get a win" saw them commit themselves physically when they were clearly not able to cope. Atalanta set up well, and their solid tactics meant that Diamanti dominated behind the forwards. Had FC Murder prepared adequately they would surely have won this encounter.
It's a shame Zidane didn't properly set up his team as with the players he put out he could have done something promising. The Falcons are arguably the best side and have it all set up nicely and got the three points they needed.
A managers job is to instruct the players and I didn't see that from FC Murder today, the players tried but they are players not the manager. Atalanta played very well controlled the midfield with more energy and indutry allowing the advanced players to attack.
sad to see no effort in tactics by ZF , so the falcons win an unexpected game
Its a pity ZZZ didn't put any effort in as this would have potentially been match of the week, Atlanta need to play El Sharaawy up front but today they are scoring for fun
Zidane loses as it was a silly move to have his keeper act as the target man

Under Brescia 3-0 Bunga Bunga FC
(Tevez, Mirallas, Afellay)
Votes: 2-2, 1-0, 1-1, 0-0, 2-1, 3-0, 2-0, 0-0 = 11-4 = 1-0 (+1 for 3+ more win votes, -1 for no votes from Bunga Bunga)

Bunga Bunga came to defend, and to hit their opponent on the counter. Unluckily for them, Under Brescia had such quality that they couldn't get out of their own half! The workrate of Tevez, the trickery of Mirallas and Afellay, and the passing of Verrati and Maher meant that UB had large periods of possession, and BB couldn't get to grips with it. Despite having the best midfield trio in the league, Bunga Bunga could not utilise them effectively.
I like Bunga's tactic of the tight midfield and attacking on the counter attack. They lack some pace in their defense for me and could do with sorting that though. However, Tevez as a lone striker doesn't sit right with me and they really should have played him in a free role behind a striker where I feel he is stronger. However, the deciding factor which got Bunga a point was the Pirlo-Marchisio-Nocerino combo.
Very boring game with Bunga happy to sit back and soak up the pressure, Brescia had more of the ball in the middle but when they ventured further up the pitch they would be forced back. The wide men of Brescia did not get into the game as much and created little with Bunga fullbacks not pushing up.
great game between both sides creating chances but UB won the game.
One of these teams has arguably the greatest all around team in the competition the other relies on Pirlo far too much. For me this comes down to who has the best midfield and for me that is Verratti. Another important note is that Bunga Bunga really need a better defence as Hibbert, Flores and Oviedo could not cope with Tevez, Affelay and Mirallas.
Brescia gave good instructions to neutralise Ollys center midfield and his defense was a tad vulnerable to the attacking trio Brescia put out.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 06 Nov 2012, 5:14 am

Spanish Group:

Total Juan Carrs 1-3 Deportivo My Sharona
(Rodrigo) (Jovetic, Valbuena, Fletcher)
Votes: 3-3, 0-3, 0-2, 2-2, 0-2, 1-1 = 6-13 = 1-2 (+1 goal for 3 more win votes)

A fantastic game to watch, both teams playing adventurous line-ups that opened up plenty of gaps all over the pitch. TJC's forward three made it tough for DMS's back three, while DMS's width caused TJC problems as well. I could not split them.
The Juan Carrs set up is completely ridiculous in my opinion. They need some experience in their side and they cannot have Tiote on his own in midfield with Herrera not having any defensive instructions. It's ludicrous. Deportivo have plenty of experience in defense and have a formation which works for them and they completely dominated in midfield and therefore the game.
Great job by Deprotivo, they did well to stop Juan Carrs playing and were able to play there own game too. Juan Carrs I think need to realise they can't play this tsyle of play against every team because there are teams who can play against them and have the attacking ability to hurt them.
Promises to be an entertaining affair, and with three at the back Marky’s side holds the numerical advantage in the middle. The attack from TJC is irresistible so I can see them getting goals from this one, particularly against a slightly flat footed defensive trio. Fletcher in midfield will have a big role and I think he will keep the score down, allowing Depor to snatch a draw from one of their two playmakers in Jovetic or Valbuena.
I feel the approach by Juan Carrs is admirable, but it also needs players experience and know how to play it. I feel the team were too niaive at it, and although they may improve at it in time, this time they were overwhelmed by Sharona
good game both sides seemed equal.

Deportivo la Chorizo 2-1 Spanish Bank
(Isco, Soldado) (Niang)
Votes: 1-1, 2-1, 1-1, 2-2, 1-2, 2-0 = 9-7 = 2-1

A close game, where both sides set up with a solid back 7 and left it to their forward fours to win the game. Soldado gave Caulker a bit of an education, while Puyol struggled to cope with Niang's constant running. Too close to call really, both sides have quality, but with such similar formations and personnel, I couldn't pick one over the other.
Two identical formations here so it's difficult to split them. However, Chorizo are more prepared and throrough tactically in order to give them the edge. Player-wise they are pretty similar, with neither team winning there so Chorizo get an incredibly tight win.
Even game both sides had some chances, Deportivo looked for the wings but Bank had Clyne sitting back and Alba was able to deal with Gnabry. It was mainly left to Isco to get Deportivo going forward and he did with a goal.
Another thriller I reckon, in the Spanish group. Goals are up for grabs in this one. DLC are right to be cautious on the flanks but Gnabry and Suso aren’t going to add much defensively so I can see goals from the flanks where SB are undoubtedly strongest. Depor have their own threats though, and I think they can catch them on the break too, with pacy wingers and intelligent play from Isco. Ultimately a draw.
Two similar set-ups and styles of play, which I felt Spanish Bank players were better players to execute with a stronger XI across most of the park
Isco helped dominate the Mid by getting 2 great goals to sink SBFC who created some good chances.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 06 Nov 2012, 5:36 am

I think whoever wrote this comment should just decide all my results from now on...

One of these teams has arguably the greatest all around team in the competition the other relies on Pirlo far too much.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:25 am

Week 2...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:26 am

Spanish Bank 1-1 Total Juan Carrs
(Berbatov) (Herrera)

Votes: 0-1, 2-1, 0-1, 3-2, 1-2, 1-1, 1-1, 2-2 = 10-11 = 1.25-1.37 = 1-1
MOTM: Arteta
A lot of good hard work by Juan Carrs getting the ball back quick and not allowing Berbatov time who was the main hub of Banks creativity. It was the constant hounding of Rodrigo that got his team the goal by putting Bank under pressure. I feel the Flamini and Arteta were too exposed against the pacy Football of Juan Carrs maybe another man in midfield helping them out.
I thought the Spanish Bank tactics of inviting Juan Carrs to come on to them would work brilliantly. Juan Carrs would be chasing everything and Spanish bank exploit the space that that leaves behind.
Total Juan Carrs were on the ball today, played with pace and caught the SB defence off guard.
Hero has the benefit of being able to play a very settled side in the cup and the rest of us have to make adjustments. Yes, he recruits mainly from Spanish nurseries, but still it means the team is well versed and it’s the difference against a team in a new system with some new parts. GSC set his side up well in the event, but I’m not sure they will exploit the attacking opponent with deep midfielders.
Spanish Bank were solid at the back, and confident in possession; Juan Carrs were excellent going forwards but lacking in personnel to deal with Spanish Bank's attackers. Unable to separate two very talented sides.
Close game, I really like the Bankers side but Juan Carrs were better equipped this time and use the extra midfielder to help them control the game so they get a good point despite having a weaker side on paper.
Gone for a draw in this one think Rodrigo will get marked out the game which is the main issue for me as they would dominate the midfield, whilst Munain vs Alba would be an interesting match up im not convinced Munain would get the best of him, Personally don't like De Marcos out wide better in midfield, With Flamini/Arteta in front of the defend i don't think Juancarrs would get the service into Rodrigo enough and with Berbatov and Niang up front they were always going to be dangerous

--------------------------

Deportivo la Chorizo 1-1 Deportivo My Sharona
(Soldado) (Jovetic)

Votes: 0-1, 0-0, 1-1, 0-2, 2-1, 1-2, 0-1, 2-1 = 6-9 = 0.75-1.12 = 1-1
MOTM votes: Benat
Not much in this game between the two sides, attacking wise Sharona had more with the fullbacks giving support. Both teams had chances I just think that the Sharona defenders dealt with the danger better.
A very cramped game with a lot focused centrally and not much on the flanks. The flair players didn’t have enough room to operate in and it ended in a stalemate.
Tight game. Tello is best utilised our wide. Deportivo My Sharona dominated the first half. la Chorizo got into the game after making substitutions and looked more dangerous with better supply to Soldado.
Respectful set ups from both, and Gregers threw a wrinkle out there that Marky wasn’t expecting. Ultimately my reading is that Marky has the personnel at the back to manage the threat initially but that Mckkshbebrtyrican will become more of a problem getting forward as the game wears on. It’s close but I think la Chorizo snatch it. Just.
Two of the very best teams in the league on display here, what a game it was. Sharona's pairing of Scholes-Fletcher gave them the hold in the middle of the park, and Chorizo's lack of true width meant that Anyukov and Fuchs had space to get forward. Both teams are excellent though, I feel well bad for picking one over the other.
Another close game and I like Chorizo's system but the issue for me is the lack of width. They don't have full backs who are good getting forward. Having the interchange between the front three caused real problems and they had a lot of pace to trouble Chorizo's defense.
It was hard to choose for this game but i think the pace at the centre of the park will win it for La Chorizo im not convinced that Gallas/Miquel would be able to keep them out, My Sharona are a strong side down the wings and eventually get their goal breaking down the left

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:26 am

Alan Partridge 0-1 Name Pending
(Iturbe)

Default 2-0 for Name Pending
Minus 1 goal for Name Pending for late tactics
Neither team voted

----------------------

Moleicester City 0-3 No Respek FC
(Adebayor x2, Ba)

Votes: 2-2, 0-3, 0-2, 0-2, 0-3, 0-2, 0-1, 0-4, 0-1, 0-2 = 2-22 = 0.2-2.2 = 0-2
Plus 1 to No Respek for 3 or more win votes
MOTM: Ben Arfa
Great performance from Respek, from the start till the end they dictated the control and tempo of the game. The two forwards caused a lot of problems for City and this gave room for Ben Arfa to get forward into the spaces. The game was over by the time City put on some of the bigger names too much for them to do.
Moleicester played a weakened side and although the personel surprised No Respek, the formation and style didn’t They were easy pickings for an in-form, confident No Respek, who won with plenty in hand.
Great young midfield from Moleicester City but Ince out of position didnt get the best out of him. No Respek FC went with a strong team & really went at Moleicester City's youngsters.
Really impressive side from Azzy, and the tactics are perfect for what he has put out. I don’t see Moleicester doing enough to get at the defensive unit which is ridiculously strong. Once criticism for Azzy – you will shoot yourself in the foot if you focus on what the opponent may do if you get it wrong. Your team is good enough to just focus on them.
The five at the back made it very difficult for Moleicester, who need a classy player or two in attack. No Respek had a lot of power in their attack, too much for Mbiwa and Amorebieta.
I think its a crying shame when a manager decides that the cup isn't worth concentrating on and it really showed today as Moleicester's young back up players looked as if they knew that there manager couldn't be bothered today. In exchange No Respek fielded a great squad which would have potentially beaten a full strength Moleicester side
Moleicester seems to be taking it easy while respek seem intent on a run.
Respek is the word used as they showed the cup more of it than their opponents by putting out a strong side whilst Moleicester bloodied their reserves. Like the attacking prowess of Vivas side, they could score goals v anyone.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:27 am

Pass the Deutschie 2-1 Bratwurst Mannschaft
(Van der Vaart, Draxler) (Shaqiri)

Votes: 3-2, 1-2, 2-2, 1-1, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1, 1-1, 1-0 = 12-9 = 1.33-1 = 1-1
Plus 1 to Deutschie for 3 more win votes
MOTM votes: Shaqiri
I likes how Rolfes was called Rofles throughout his managers teamtalk, must have filled him with confidence that his manager knows who he is.
Both teams played with a plan to consolidate the middle and attack down the flanks. Bratwurst got the win due to their wingers being too much for the Pass the Deutschie FBs, whereas Bratwurst had a successful gameplan to specifically nullify the PtD wingers
What a game. End to end stuff. Quick paced game here with both teams attacking each other. Pass the Deutschie decision to bring Huntelaar on managed to work & pull back a draw.
This one will likely be won on the wings and I see Trebs utilising the width against the possibly ropey fullbacks Viva has at his disposal today. The only issue I see is that Lima is on his own and not the biggest target, so the crosses may not be capitalised on. On the other side, Viva has a good recipe to catch BM on the break with Sterling or Draxler picking out Huntelaar. It will be topsy turvy but ultimately I call it a draw.
PTD's midfield won the day, as its wingers were in good form, making clever runs, and VDV was given his ideal role. Bratwurst didn't have much to offer going forwards, as PTD stifled them quite well.
a very close game was hard to choose but with VDV's creative side and bratwurst playing Giaccherini at LWB i think at some point he will get exposed by the oppositions wingers
For me this can only go down as a draw with two extremely similar sides who are both able to create some great football whilst meanwhile having the defences to keep the other at bay. A great example of this is the wingbacks of Mannschaft vs the defensive fullbacks of Pass the Deutschie.
2 very good units and I can't pick a winner here.
Tight game with Deutschie playing a solid looking side but without the threat of Drogba or Huntelaar upfront.

------------------------

Bayern Munching 1-0 VFL Fassbender
(Klose)

Votes: 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 1-1, 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 2-0, 2-0 = 17-1 = 1.88-0.11 = 2-0
Minus 1 from Bayern for late tactics, minus 1 from Bayern for no votes
Plus 1 to Bayern for 3+ more win votes
MOTM votes: Klose
Easy win for Munching to wish their manager a farewell. Bassender sent out a decent XI, but failed to prepare or instruct his team at all. They looked lost as Munching picked them off with ease
No tactics for Fassbender, just a line up.
No real tactics from CF (not a criticism – it’s very early) and Russ has minimal direction too. I reckon a 1-1 draw based on what I can see.
VFL provided little attacking threat and, without any instruction, were easy pickings for a Bayern team that was excellent at the back and played to Klose's strengths.
an easy win due to a lack of tactics
No team instructions from Fassbender meant that Russ's last game in charge ended in a solid routine win.
Basically no tactics from Fassbender so treating it as a 2-0 default

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:29 am

Atalanta Falcons 2-1 Under Brescia
(Insigne, El Shawaary) (Tevez)

Votes: 1-2, 2-1, 0-2, 2-0, 2-2, 0-0, 3-4, 2-1, 2-1 = 14-13 = 1.55-1.44 = 2-1
I don't think Brescia were able to control the possesion of the first half as they liked, Atalanta had more possesion and were able to get the goal. Second half Brescia went forward and looked to create but got hit on the break. They upped the pressure as Falcons sat back and got a goal.
Atalanta had a good setup with an excellent midfield 3, who dominated possession against the two men of Brescia. Atalanta found it easy to handle Brescia, and when Brescia changed at half time, Toulalan struggled to adapt to CB as the defence was under so much pressure.
Two very strong teams which couldn't be split. Cassano as an impact substitute was a good move as it brought them back into the game after a dodgy start because their defense, Howedes aside isn't good enough.
A battle of the midfields ends in stalemate as both struggle to create chances, Biglia/Gago do a great job of protecting the defence, Id fear for Under Brescia if came up against a side with a quality centre midfield with their midfield 2
Atlanta's high paced gameplan was neutalised by Brescia who managed to neutralise the damage before turning up the heat in the second half. Of course it helps when you have one of the best midfielders in the world playing in the middle. Verratti was at his wondeful best and alongside Toulalan in the first half followed by Maher in the second half allowed him to express himself. Having said that the Atlanta side is full of quality as well but for me Brescia just knick the points in a thrilling 4-3 win.
I like the Falcons defensive set up and I feel Brescia while stacked going forward are light at the back.
Close run thing but felt the spine and creative options for Falcons was superior and whilst Brescia conserved energy in the first half the inform El Sharaawy took advantage.

----------------------

Murder on Zidane's Floor 3-0 Bunga Bunga
(Defoe x2, Pedro)

Default 2-0
Minus 1 goal for no votes from Bunga Bunga

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:31 am

I likes how Rolfes was called Rofles throughout his managers teamtalk, must have filled him with confidence that his manager knows who he is.

I bet he was rolling on the floor laughing about it.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:34 am

Id fear for Under Brescia if came up against a side with a quality centre midfield with their midfield 2

Ouch!

I thought my central midfield was clearly my strongest area. You have wounded my confidence.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:51 am

Well played Sod clap my comments are pretty much what I have had every week. Need to improve my defence. Not sure about the midfield comments. Gago, Biglia and Marchisio is as good as I can think of in the league, whilst I didn't think Verratti and Toulalan was all that bad either
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:54 am

It was harsh that you two finished 14-13 but Sodhat wins, when I led Gregers 9-6 and Viva led Trebs 12-9 and both calculated into draws! That's just the way the results system works.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 20 Nov 2012, 5:58 am

Just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. 4 wins to 3 with 2 draws. We both had it as close.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:05 am

Well played Afro, I think I'm more than a little fortunate to escape that one with a win.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:08 am

Makes my last game against Zidane a winner takes all.

I liked the comment about having one of the best midfielders in the world.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:48 am

Makes my last game against Zidane a winner takes all.
Is does indeed Jafro. I take it your first team will be out

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 20 Nov 2012, 8:40 am

Well played Marky, I imagined it would be a draw after looking at the two sides

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:58 am

You too. I would have taken a draw going into it, with the other game a draw it looks good for us going into the last group game!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:49 am

Alan Partridge 0-1 No Respek
(Beckham)
(Alan Partridge -1 for not voting)
Votes: 2-2, 2-2, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 1-2, 0-4, 2-0 = 7-10 = 1-1

A lot of oldies in the No Respek line up who are past their best, like Henry, Beckham, and I don't think their full backs are good enough. The Patridges don't have any balance in midfield though and therefore a draw is a fair result for me
A pretty poor game which neither dominated, not much of note to report
Did Partridge change formation for the sake of it? The central midfield struggled with two players not used to the position, luckily for them No Respek did not have the bite and edge they normally have with Beckham and Giggs starting
A real bore draw for me. No Respek had a real mixed bag of old and young, and it felt a little disjointed. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but it felt wrong! Partridge were unable to make that count however as I felt Holt did a decent job up front, but was far to isolated to make it count for anything
Close game with two sides adopting very different approaches. No Respek have the full backs sat in so I can see them soaking pressure and hitting on the break for the win
Partridge sent out a wierd side with their star player not starting and I don't feel that there midfield could cope with No Respeks. Soriano is the major player for me and with Giggs/Beckham rolling back the years they stormed to victory.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:52 am

Bayern My Erch 2-2 Bratwurst Mannschaft
(Klose x2) (Shaqiri, Son)
Votes: 2-2, 1-1, 2-2, 1-1, 1-2, 2-1 = 9-9 = 2-2

A close game between two very even teams. Shaqiri in a free role was a good move by Bratwurst, while Bayern's width caused Bratwurst's full-backs problems. Sadly the two midfields negated each other, so it wasn't a pretty game.
A real quality game. I like the midfield 3 of Bayern and Neustaedter did a great job on Shaqiri and kept him quiet, and Hummels did a fine job on Kiessling. However, Son was a real nuisance and Bayern had no particular game plan for him and he earnt Bratwurst a well deserved draw
Too tough to split, and Trebs has done some good work on picking a style to be effective. Fan is worth a draw still, he has the basis of a good side to build on
A very close game with neither side really able to stomp their foot on the game with the midfield so tight. For me this comes down to the strike forces and Kiesling beats Klose in my mind and he makes the difference in an extremely hard fought Teutonic war of attrition!

Pass the Deutschie 4-0 VFL Fassbender
(Sterling, Routledge, Huntelaar x2)
(VFL Fassbender -1 for not voting)
Votes: 2-0, 1-0, 2-1, 1-0, 5-0, 4-0 = 15-1 = 3-0

Deutschie prepared much better than Fassbender, and that paid off. Routledge and Sterling were the difference makers, as they always seem to be in the cup
I felt Deutschie looked a bit unbalanced with Rose at RB and Routledge at LW, but other than that, they were the better team and better instructed team of the two. Fassender look good on paper, but they need better instruction from their manager to achieve their potential
More or less the same ideals from these two, although perhaps Viva was more detailed about it... Nonetheless, I see the odd goal winning it, and there is a shade more chance that it comes from Viva's team this week. A better LW for CF might have exposed Rose being wrong sided here.
Simply put cf has to do tactics if he's going to pick up wins, and selling Mandzukic for Adebayor was an awful move. Deutschie are brilliantly set up and completely dominate the game especially in the wide areas and in the final third. Their fans go home delighted with the rout that they enjoyed.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:56 am

Murder on Zidane's Floor 0-2 Under Brescia
(Tevez, Cassano)
(Murder on Zidane's Floor -1 for not voting)
Votes: 4-3, 0-3, 1-0, 1-1, 1-0, 1-2, 1-2 = 9-11 = 1-2

Brescia have a very, very good team, and it was just too good for FC Murder. The partnership of Tevez and Cassano was not handled well by the three CBs, and the pace down the flanks was far too much for Jenkinson and Santon.
A very good game today. Defensively the tactics from Zidane were spot on as they kept the Brescia forwards quiet. Pedro and Hernandez both caused problems and a late goal gave them a very tight victory
Brecia had a lot of joy getting to the flanks which saw them take an early lead, however Zidane came more into it through the middle of the pitch which saw them equalise in the second half, a game they should have went on to win but had a poor afternoon in front of goal
Murder defended well and the 5 man defence worked picking up Tevez who found it difficult finding space and had to drop deeper, I feel Murder found it hard to break the Brescia defence down with Verratti being able to keep possesion. It was late on in the game when Brescia made three subs and Murder took advantage of that and nicked the win
Pretty tricky to work out how the formation would fit for MoZF but in the end I think Afro's boys are stronger in the attacking areas and solid enough at the back to hold against the attacking threats posed

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 04 Dec 2012, 8:59 am

Deportivo la Chorizo 2-2 Total Juan Carrs
(Soldado x2) (Muniain, Herrera)
Votes: 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 1-1, 1-2, 3-2, 1-3 = 12-11 = 2-2

DLC had too much quality for TJC. Custodio did a good job on Herrera, while the movement and creativity of DLC's forward four was much too much for TJC's defence and DMs to handle. Isco may well be the best-deployed player in the league. DLC also put out a very organised and talented defence, which handled TJC's wingers quite easily. TJC have a good team, but DLC have a great team and should go far in this competition
Tight game but Chorizo edge it for me. Their side is very strong and they have the players to dominate in midfield with some very good attacking players who can cause chaos amongst the Carrs defense.
A tight game with two very good teams on display, a late goal by Varela saw the home side secure a late victory
With Juan Carrs coming forward it was on the break where Deportivo hit them, both teams had equal possession Deportivo were able to handle the pressure style from Juan Carrs. As the game went on Juan Carrs put the pressure on and got the goal but didn't have enough to get a second
This was a tough one to call, but TJC just won for me because of their AM three of Munian, Herrera and Susaeta had the beating of Monreal, Azpilicueta and Custardio
Attacking fare, but with an edge to Depor who boast a really talented front four. They will nick one more than TJC who will still get theirs

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 18 Dec 2012, 4:38 pm

Atalanta Falcons 1-1 Deportivo My Sharona AET - Atalanta Falcons win 4-3 penalties
(Hernanes) (Villa)

Votes: 2-1, 2-3, 1-2, 2-1, 2-1, 3-1, 1-2 = 13-11 = 1.86-1.57 = 1-1

A tough one to call, but home advantage gives it to the Falcons (Cup Runner Edit: No home advantages, but oh well.)
Two great teams, a great game as both teams have quakity in abundance but also weaknesses. Ultimately it came down to the forward four of Deportivo taking advantage of the Atalanta CB pairing, who were not set up to handle Villa and co.
A tight game to call as both tactics cancelled each other out. I thought Atalanta had the better of the midfielders and Hernanes in particular is a good acquisition. Sharona have the better defence and I like the CB pairing. If this was a league game, I’d have fence sitting splinters, but as it’s cup and there has to be a winner, I went for Sharona, just, as I felt they were a marginally stronger team.
Very tight game but having Fletcher man-mark Reus was a mistake as it left Coquelin on his own against the likes of Hernanes and Marchisio driving forward with the front four told not to defind. The Falcons defense looks weak though and Sharona did make chances but Falcons deserved to win
Falcons the more balanced side here they were able to distribute from the deep midfielders to the attackers a lot quicker and the two dictated the midfield. The front four of Deportivo were dangerous but didn't get the ball as much as they liked.
Both sides who clearly a viewing the cup as a proper competition which is good. I can see Sharona taking the lead as Villa gets the beating of the Falcons CBS. However Sharona setting Fletcher to mark Reus backfired with the German playing out wide. This just let El-Sharaawy and the other attacking Falcons players to dominate
gone for deportivo to just edge think it's a game of the midfields but if deportivo get through their more like to score with a weak falcons defence

Deportivo la Chorizo 2-1 Pass the Deutschie
(Isco, Tello) (Huntelaar)

Votes: 2-1, 1-0, 1-2, 2-0, 1-0, 1-0, 1-1 = 9-4 = 1.29-0.57 = 1-1

+1 goal to Deportivo la Chorizo for 3+ more win votes

Great game, both sides giving it their all, a tight game but one that Chorizo steal late on with their superior AM, Deutschie were solid and lined up well but I feel Vellios doesn't give Huntelaar the support he craves in a front two.
Two strong teams but today Mkhitaryan was the difference and his late goal sealed it
PTD set up brilliantly, as DLC set up exactly as expected. This allowed PTD to exploit the wings, with Sterling and Draxler on top of the game
A good display by Chorizo. Deutschie tried to exploit the flanks, but both Chorizo FBs stayed back. With Draxler and Sterling, neither of whom will be much help to their FBs, and one of Boateng and Gibbs attacking, Deutschie’s attacking tactic, proved their defensive downfall and they left themselves exposed to the pace and flair in the Chorizo attack
Chorizo had no attacking width as Callejon and Tello like to get inside and the full backs were told to tay back. Deutschie had a gameplan which worked to some extent but Chorizo scraped home due to the quality in their side
Viva has very good ideas to halt Chorizo but seems to lack the inspiration in attack to take advantage. It will be attritional but I think DLC get their noses ahead and then stay there. Like Iscp/Mkhitaryan taking turns in the hole (chortle chortle)
Close game hard to decide really Hunterlaar would dominate Mangala whilst Boateng would struggle with Tello so gone for the draw

No Respek 1-1 Under Brescia AET - Under Brescia win 5-4 on penalties
(Ba) (Tevez)

Votes: 2-2, 2-1, 0-1, 0-1, 1-2, 0-2, 1-0 = 6-9 = 1.17-1.29 = 1-1

Another great game, both sides very strong and going all out for the win. Too close to call, would go all the way to penalties in my opinion.
Spek dominated the midfield which stopped Brescia getting it to there front two
No Respek made themselves very difficult to break down and did very well, only thing I disagree with is trying to man-mark Tevez and Cassano. It just doesn't work. Afro also had a lot of joy attacking Wisdom and Pieters down the flanks and won it in extra time
I feel that Brecsia were able to play thier own game with a settled team and formation the players knew what to do. Respek had too much going on and it cost them going forward as they didn't make the chances. It was a tight game and it was the set piece that won it for Brescia
No Respek have alot of Respek for Afro's side and it leaves them a little defensive minded for me. They can stifle for a while, but Tevez and Cassano are classy up top. I see it close, but Brescia using their extra flair to win it
The new formation surprised Brescia to start with however I don't feel that Parker would work in a forward role, he would have been better set to preventing Verratti from playing as he was left alone. 4-4-2 really worked for Brescia in the end as they ended up causing No Respek to be chasing the ball
No respek just edge it for me can see them getting at the back 4 easier with the extra man in the midfield squeezing them enough to create chances at will

Bratwurst Mannschaft 1-2 Moleicester City
(Gaitan) (Michu, Di Natale)

Votes: 3-2, 3-2, 0-1, 1-2, 0-2, 2-0, 1-3 = 10-12 = 1.43-1.71 = 1-2

Superb tie, both sides set up really well but the two DM's of Mannschaft are able to keep control and while both sides create chances, Moleicester are the ones who leave themselves open with some very attacking players in CM. Mannschaft steal the win on the break with Gaitan and Shaqiri on top form.
more quality in key areas around the pitch saw them power to a 3 -1 lead at half time, Moleicetser got a lte consolation
A very close game, Mannschaft expected Montolivo and Cazorla to play and as such Moleicester had the upper hand in midfield. The key to the tight win was Yanga Mbiwa, who made sure the two strikers did not get through. Sadly the tactics dictated to the Bratwurst wingers were not up to scratch, as Balzaretti and Srna were on top of them from the get go.
I thought a good tactical performance from Nando again this week and he continues to impress with this side of the game. He expected what Bratwurst would throw at them, and countered it well.
Fernando is inconsistent can be brilliant at times and woeful today it was the latter and had his tactics spot on. The FB of City had the Bratwurst wingers struggling to get the delivery in for strikers, with the lack of attacking threat through the centre they didn't make much chances from there. City lively from the wings and centre were always a threat
BM dominate the middle and the wide players can provide deadly supply to the front two
A routine victory for Mole City in the end with Fernandinho being the key addition. Standard 4-4-2 from Bratwurst struggled against the dynamic 4-1-2-2-1 from Mole. Cazorla not playing was a stroke of genius as well. Kiesling is always a danger and he scores a cracker but in the end the set up from Mole City is just too much

Semi finalists:
Atalanta Falcons (ITA)
Deportivo la Chorizo (SPA)
Moleicester City (ENG)
Under Brescia (ITA)

*Penalty shoot-outs awarded to the side with the highest number of votes

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 18 Dec 2012, 5:14 pm

furious

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 5:51 pm

Well done Affers, I knew I'd gone too defensive Sad

Four strong teams there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 19 Dec 2012, 5:12 am

Wowsers. What a close game. I honestly did not have a clue which way that was going to go Azzy, so it's a nice surprise!

Now I will go on to win so you can claim the title of second best cup team in the league
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:51 am

Under Brescia 2-2 Deportivo la Chorizo AET - Deportivo la Chorizo win 8-7 on penalties

Votes: 2-3, 1-0, 3-1, 1-3, 1-2, 3-2, 3-4 = 14-15 = 2-2

Both teams packed the midfield but I feel the width of Chorizo gave them the slight edge with Azpilicueta and Callejon causing Filipe problems.

Brescia outworked the Deportivo midfield and had that magic in Kroos to open up Deportivo who struggled to play thier passing game.

I think Afro has set up correctly here with dominating the midfield forcing Deportivo back and having to defend which most of their midfield apart from HM/Sandro won't really want to do, their midfield 3 will get over run by the 4 and even if they get it out wide i feel Brescia have enough to deal with their threat and with the front 2 of Tevez/Cassano they will score if given chances

Under Brescia set up well through the middle, but I felt that they risked too much asking the FBs to cover the length of the pitch, and la Chorizo's wingers took advantage. The CM battle was fierce, and that's where Under Brescia had the most joy. In such a clogged midfield, Tevez couldn't find the space he needed, and this left Cassano a bit isolated and easier to deal with. A real cup classic though.

Chorizo overall have a biit more bite centrally and diuctate the flow of the game, Brescia are dangourous when going forward but cant ever get a proper grip, Chorizo win after a 2 goal lead after 45, late consolation to ake it interesting but chorizo just hold on.

Both teams focussed on trying to dominate the midfield, overall it ended up with Brescia having slightly more possession as the Chorizo midfield was too attacking. Brescia's defense isn't great and Chorizo made the most of that, scoring twice but it wasn't enough.

What a game this would be, both sides set up to attack the other and with the talent on show it would be a goal fest. I'm going for Chorizo by the odd goal in seven purely on the basis that I think their attacking would be incisive enough to hit UB on the break when the full backs are committed, and an extra man from Isco/Mkhitaryan can really make an impact.

Atalanta Falcons 2-2 Moleicester City AET - Atalanta Falcons win 4-2 on penalties

Votes: 2-1, 2-3, 3-2, 0-1, 3-0, 2-3, 1-1 = 13-11 = 2-2

A close game but I feel Atalanta's midfield won it for them, both had a very good midfield 3 but the wingers of Insigne and El Shaarawy were on fire and it led to a close win.

A match up of two sides who are better going forward than they are at the back. Any side that has Reus and El Shaarawy in the front three will score goals but equally Chamberlain would terrorise the Atlanta full backs. This leads to Ox scoring a cracker before Reus pops up and the sides go up 1-1 at half time. After half time it is a similar story with El Sharaawy and Cazorla scoring two beauties to make it 2-2. This is where it stayed until the 6th minute of added on time with a loose ball being smashed into the top corner from out of nowhere by Fernandinho to send the Mole city fans crazy! At the bottom line these two sides are two of strongest out there!

A game where the attackers were on top. It was difficult to split them and had it been a league game, I might have sat on the fence with the draw. But being the cup, we had to have a winner and the attacking trio of Atalanta would have really caused problems for Moleicester, and it would have been difficult to defend against, and therefore I give them the win

Both teams dominated at times not many chances but it was City who got it. They were the more defensive team making it harder for Falcons to get behind them.

Atalanta threw a tactical surprise, and one that paid dividends. Moleicester were not equipped to deal with a front three, and with Atalanta being as forward-thinking as they were, Moleicester struggled to get out of their half. A relatively easy win for the Falcons.

MC were strong defensivly but jenkinson was got at, both AF goals were his invlvment, however AFwere strong attackingand deserved at least 2, they played well in midfield and control the game at some points however the MC were relentles attacking especially through the middle,Di Natale scored twice and a late Carzorla strike brwak AFheart and sent MC into pandamoanium.

El Shaarawy would have been better than Reus in the central role for me in this sort of formation. Capoue dealt with Hernanes well and Cazorla was a real threat. Overall honours even for me.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:52 am

I need scorers btw Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 22 Jan 2013, 9:59 am

Under Brescia 2-2 Deportivo la Chorizo
(Cassano, Tevez) (Isco, Callejon)

Atalanta Falcons 2-2 Moleicester City
(Reus, El Shaarawy) (Cazorla, Di Natale)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 04 Feb 2013, 3:33 pm

Deportivo la Chorizo 2-2 Atalanta Falcons AET
(Soldado, Mkhitaryan) (Reus, El Shaarawy)

Atalanta Falcons win 5-4 on penalties

Votes: 1-2, 2-3, 1-0, 0-3, 3-2, 2-1 = 9-11 = 1.5-1.83

Finally, El Shaarawy was played as the striker and it paid off. Dominguez isn't very quick and lost the forward. Reus and Hernanes were very good supporting and the Falcons midfield overall dominated with a better balance between attacking and defending. The Falcons were better on the day and deservedly won the cup.
I feel Falcons did well to surprise Chorizo, the Christmas tree formation, the midfielders seemed to cancel each other out, and Falcons’ front three were lethal. I feel Chorizo’s fullbacks were strong enough to deal with the Falcons’ threat, however the centre backs I’d be less comfortable with trusting. Chorizo were predictable but their side is so good going forward that it’s still very tough to stop them. Isco behind Soldado has been the partnership of the season but swapping Isco and Mkhitaryan is something I’m not sure about, Isco isn’t so good dropping deeper and I feel when Isco is back, it leaves Chorizo a little light in midfield, especially with Benat not being a specialist DM and Marchisio being the player he is. A close game considering, plenty of goals, however the unpredictability of Reus and the form of El Shaarawy mean Atalanta earn a hard fought win, and lift the cup.
Both teams played well matched each other in all areas I just feel Soldado was the one who took the chance that came his way.
Whilst Deportivo has had a very good season when it's come to the big occasion Gregers has made a big mistake which has cost him the game for me. Telling your wingers to cut inside is a big mistake when Atlanta has 3 across the middle negating the space leading them to be crowded out. Personally i believe Gregers should of played 2 out and out DM's. Personally i can see Atlanta's pace tearing that defence apart leading to an easy win
I felt Falcons initially bossed the middle of the pitch and the full backs did well providing the attacking width, surprising the Deportivo defence a little. However the wingers and full backs for Depor proved the difference as the Falcons CMs were forced out wide the help cover the full backs and they were not defensively strong enough to cope with the skill that the Depor wide players had, plus it allowed Isco and HM much more space to play as the game went on.
Atalanta threw a tactical surprise, which allowed them some freedom when getting forward. However Chorizo's tried-and-tested 4-2-3-1 gave them the superiority out wide, which is where they won the game.

Congratulations to Atalanta Falcons on winning the inaugural TSJ Double D Cup! In a bizarre twist, Atalanta have also managed to win their quarter final, semi final and the final all on penalties (or by narrowly more goal votes to be specific). Atalanta have stopped Deportivo la Chorizo from what would have been an incredible double, but poor Chorizo have to “settle” for the League Title. Well done to both finalists.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 04 Feb 2013, 3:35 pm

Well done sodhat, top team. Although it looks like the one vote of 0-3 cost me!

Thanks to Marky for running a great cup

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 5:33 pm

Yes well done Marky for an interesting and well-run cup, you've done yourself proud mate :applause:

Very close final, well done to both teams...and Soddy brings the bacon home, bravo sir Results 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 06 Feb 2013, 8:22 am

Well played Gregers, surprised to win but my team are 3-0 on penalty shoot outs!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 05 Mar 2013, 3:28 am

Cup Week 1 Results

Italian Group
FC Murder on Zidane’s floor 0-3 Atalanta Falcons

(Hernanes, Cassano, El Shaarawy)
2-0 default win, -1 for Zebs not voting

German Group
Bratwurst Mannschaft 3-0 VFL Fassbender

(Kagawa, Kießling, Boateng)
2-0 default win, -1 for CF not voting

English Group
Elphick for Justice 0-1 No Respek FC

(Lamela)
Votes: 1-0 (Gerrard), 0-1, 0-0, 1-1 (Gerrard) (Defoe), 0-1 (Montolivo), 2-2, 0-2 (Lamela, Eriksen) = 4-7 = 1-1
-1 for cherries not voting picard

I feel the game was won in the middle of the park, Tiote/Nocerino/Gerrard did more than Wanyama/Montolivo/Eriksen, and it was key as while No Respek controlled more of the possession, they were wasteful. I also feel Aubameyang needs upgrading for Elphick for Justice to push on this season, but Gerrard was the hero with the only goal.
Both teams seemingly set to cancel each other out with similar formations, however No Respek are a tad more positive for me, and with greater quality in their side, they edge it.
Bonucci and Chiellini worked hard and dealt well with Aubameyang, and Gerrard couldn't get into the the game. The Elphick midfield was hardworking and tried to restrict the No Respek midfield, and they did it well to prevent the breakthrough.
A much tougher game to call then I thought it was going to be. Formations matched up, tactics kind of countered each other, even the players were closely matched. In the knockouts, I couldn't have sat on the fence, but as it is a group game, I can't see past a draw.
Tight affair and I reckon cherries side can hang on late under increasing pressure. Really like the small collection of forwards from Azzy but I think cherries has a very solid spine and a good defence too so he can keep his side in it. Gerrard can hit passes from his position and I don't know if Wanyama is ready for a player like him yet.
Comfortable win for No Respek in the end even if I could see this game being 0-0 at half time. Elphick were a lot closer than the scoreline showed in the end but when the manager is saying that they are underdogs the players could only keep chasing for so long. The difference in the end is Lamela who just kept on going. Great cup tie.

Spanish Group
Spanish Bank 1-1 Deportivo la Chorizo

(Niang) (Isco)
Votes: 0-1, 2-0 (Niang, Pogba), 1-2 (Niang) (Menez, Isco), 1-1 (Vertonghen) (Isco), 2-0, 0-1 = 6-5 = 1-1

Decent performance from Bank but they were so defensive it was inviting pressure. Chorizo could get players forward at will and did so, they got the win they deserved late on as they dominated from start to finish.
Summary: Spanish Bank looked weaker on paper but countered every threat la Chorizo had to offer. Isco was marked out of the game, Soldado had no joy against the three CBs, and the wing-backs not only supported the Spanish Bank attacks, but both are easily capable of tracking back and thus Menez and Tello were not able to effect the game as normal. Niang had great joy against Varane, easily beating him for pace. Ultimately, Spanish Bank won the battle all over the pitch - they have improved massively this season.
A really good effort from Spanish Bank, but Chorizo saw what was coming and had a gameplan for it. In the end, with SB's tactics negated, the extra class in the Chorizo players told and they grabbed the win
a close game but in the end the result was a shock as Spanish Bank they set up well to negate the attack of Deportivo and Deportivo getting most their instructions wrong eg. playing just Benteke upfront. can see Niang/Benteke causing the Depor defence all sorts of trouble
Bank set up very well but Gregers has picked a side to get at the weaknesses of the formation. It won't be a stroll but with Isco in behind and good movement ahead it will be tough for Bank to get out long enough to attack. Eventually DLC break them down and score and they keep the ball for the remainder of the game to kill it off.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 26 Mar 2013, 4:07 am

Week 2 Results

Spanish Group
Deportivo la Chorizo 1-1 Dos Cervezas por favor
(Isco) (Lukaku)

Votes: 0-0, 1-1 (Menez) (Lukaku), 0-0, 0-1 (Lukaku), 2-1 (Isco, Soldado) (Lukaku), 2-1, 1-2 (Isco) (Lukaku x2), 2-3 = 8-9 = 1-1

a close game too hard to seperate so gone 0-0
tight game both teams set up well,draw fair result
Hard to see which team would take all the points, Chorizo were probably the more threatening side but Cervezas were very solid in defence and didn't allow many chances.
Dos Cervezas por favor defense holds out & they grind out a 1-0 win. Costa & Berbatov were stand out players in the victory.
A really tight affair with both sides looking to use their wingers to attack the full backs. Both good tactics as that is the weakest spot of both teams IMO. In a league match, I would have gone for the draw all day long as it is that close, but it is cup so we must have a winner. I felt that la Chorizo would have had the slightly better of the midfield battle, which would have allowed them to supply their wingers more, and this extra possession was the clincher for me.
Both attacking today and ultimately I think the full strength line up DLC go with wins out. Berba and Lukaku can work as a partnership and with crosses coming in both are capable of causing problems. I can just see DLC running the midfield and Isco buying enough space with his movement to create chances for them.
Feedback: I've gone for a Por Favor win as I just think they have a bit more cutting edge about them than La Chorizo, who struggle against a top top CB partnership and defence. Lukaku is a beast and gives Varane a real game, and despite Isco being a real threat for Chorizo, I don't feel as if they will really cause too much problems for Por Favor. Por Favor with a good win here.
Two attacking sides but Chorizo didn't really prepare for two strikers and Eliseu is a weakness which Navas thrived off. Tight win for Cervezas but a very close game.

English Group
Moleicester City 3-1 No Respek FC
(Muniain, Michu, Di Natale) (Lamela)

Votes: 2-1 (Muniain, Michu) (Lamela), 2-0, 0-1 (Lamela), 1-1 (Di Natale) (Lamela), 2-0 (Muniain, Di Natale), 1-1, 2-1 (Michu x2) (Zaha), 2-1, 2-0 = 14-6 = 2-1
+1 to Mole City for 3+ more win votes

Two very strong teams, in identical formations, would normally cancel each other out, but I feel the lack of instructions given to the No Respek midfielders other than "help out", costs them as Michu scores a late winner.
2 evenly matched teams, Bull's tactics need a bit more TLC, though and Nando takes it.
City looked a little shaky at the back and didn't have someone to take control, the high pressing of Repek allowed them to pin City back. Arteta dropping further back to pick up ball was forced into longer balls which Respek dealt with.
Di Natale stood out in this fixture, was a danger all match & got the vital winner. He & Michu worked well together although I felt they could of both been more effective giving Michu a more direct support role to Di Natale. Lamela once again stood out. No Respek FC fullback had a tough time with Carzola & Muniain
(EDIT: Vote was for 2-1 Moleicester AET but there’s no Extra Time so I’ve taken it as a draw)
Another really close game, but I think the No Respek tactics were a bit confused and counter productive. They pressed the ball high and counter attacked. To me, counter attack needs to draw the other team on and then break into the big spaces. Pressing high did not allow this space to be created and therefore No respek could not put their attacking tactics into action.
NR are a little bit loathe to control the game, which they could and should have done. I can’t see them being beaten with the side they’ve put out but equally they aren’t doing enough to force the issue. Good balance to Nando’s side, although I don’t think it’s especially wise to rely on Muniain and Cazorla to be tracking all the way back.
Feedback: Close game this one, I've plumped for a Moleicester win. With both teams playing similar formations, I feel as if Moleicester having the better instructions will aid them in getting the win, despite Zaha causing Byram problems on the flanks. Moleicester win the midfield battle with Carrick not allowed to settle down and they have good firepower up front to just nick it.
The two sides seemed to match up man for man but No Respek didn't bother with tactics as much as they should and Moleicester have a better team so an easy decision.
Felt that No Respek didn't treat the cup with Respek! Danger out wide from Mole City too much for the No Respek fullbacks

German Group
Pass the Deutschie 2-1 Bratwurst Mannschaft
(Farfan, Gundogan) (Mandzukic)

Votes: 2-1 (Farfan x2) (Shaqiri), 1-0, 1-2 (Gundogan) (Mandzukic x2), 1-0, 1-2 (Gundogan) (Boateng, Mandzukic), 2-1 (Draxler, Farfan) (no scorer listed), 1-0, 0-0 = 9-6 = 1-1
+1 to Deutschie for 3+ more win votes

Deutschie quite bold, Bratwurst too defensive for my liking. I also think the 3 CB's of Bratwurst struggle to cope with Deutschie's genius move to play Farfan down the middle, his pace is too much for Jagielka or Godin and he scores twice, Bratwurst's change to 3-5-2 when losing helps them get back into the game but too little, too late. Also, it's Kiessling if you can't find the German letter, not Kiebling. GSCE German FTW.
a close game with trebs going with 3/5 at at the back but eventually get caught down the wing as the wing backs go forward by Sterling's pace
Mandzukic scores the game winner for Bra
Ollys tactics have a strong hint of Bank about them. Farfan up front pays off for Viva, who causes Bratwurst no need of trouble. Nice setup from Viva. Not sure why Olly dropped the wing play.
Bratwurst Mannschaft quality in attack was the difference here. For Pass the Deutschie, Sterling never got into the game, with Schmelzer patrolling the flank, Cabaye & Jagielka over that side too he was out of his depth. Farfan wasnt best suited to playing up top, he should of played RM with Sterling dropped for another U21. Kevin Prince played in a tough position to mark, Boateng was led out of position a few times allowing Mandzukic to use the space & get the better of Rami who does not have the speed to match Mandzukic.
Mandzukic and Boateng felt a little isolated to me for Bratwurst and Deutschie had too much quality to not make this tell. Rami handled Mandzukic well, and it was an interesting Boateng v Boateng battle, which Boateng won….(Jeroeme the King rather than Kevin the Prince). This left Bratwurst with very little platform to build a challenge. Ledesma was left largely unchallenged to run the game and Carvajal was left isolated against Draxler, who was just too good for him.
Viva approaches this one very well with a higher backline making it difficult for BM to penetrate them because they are lacking in pace in attack. They will defend well but Viva has a pair up front to trouble the back three and with the wingers coming forward too. Due to the sheer number of people I foresee in the BM half, I’m saying a single goal wins it, probably deflected as it goes through a billion bodies.
Deutschie set up much better, I like Farfan playing in an attacking role. Not a fan of how Olly has set up, I like Boateng as an attacking midfielder but more support is required for Mandzukic, be it through wingers or playing two strikers.
I can't see either side getting much joy against the other, a draw that does little to help either side progress

Italian Group
Atalanta Falcons 1-3 Under Brescia
(Cassano) (Jovetic, Fischer, Robben)

Votes: 2-2 (Reus, El Shaarawy) (Jovetic, Robben), 1-1, 2-3 (Cassano x2) (Fischer x2, Robben), 0-1, 2-1 (Vidic, Reus) (Tevez), 0-1 (Jovetic), 2-3 = 9-12 = 1-2
+1 to Brescia for 3+ more win votes

Two very attacking teams, I feel Brescia took a risk playing 4-3-3 but considering Falcons are essentially 4-2-4 with Reus at AM, it just oozes goals. Spoils shared as both teams' defences can only do so much, but they both do well to ensure neither side loses the game.
the midfield 3's are fairly equal and the Wingers are both capable of taking each others defence a part
tight game unlucky for ATA who played well
Not much in this at all, but I like Pirlo to get on the ball and the front 3 of UB to cause havoc.
Two very strong sides, the movement of the Atalanta forwards caused problems for the Brescia defenders. They did well to combat the attacking threat defensively by having defenders drop slightly. Brescia looked better after making the subs I would have thought they would start Tevez.
Feedback: Another close game but I just feel as if Brescia have set up really really well defensively, meaning Falcons are pretty futile in attack, and Brescia despite not having to most cutting edge up front, just nick the win
A difficult game so a draw overall is a fair result. Falcons look a bit weak at full back but look strong in attack. Would have preferred to see El Shaarawy central. As for Brescia I cannot understand their persistence with Fischer who isn't good enough and I'd like to see Villa wide to get further forward with Jovetic upfront.
Game of this season so far in my eyes between last seasons cup winners and one of strongest sides in the competition. Playing the Barce way eventually got Brescia past Atlanta in a "we'll score one more that you" kind of way

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down