The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shane Williams : Your Country Needs You (and others!)

+8
Hookisms and Hyperbole
thebluesmancometh
maestegmafia
majesticimperialman
Ospreydragon
Morgannwg
RubyGuby
anotherworldofpain
12 posters

Go down

Shane Williams : Your Country Needs You (and others!) Empty Shane Williams : Your Country Needs You (and others!)

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 26 Oct 2012, 2:17 pm

So, Shane Williams believes he will take another year in the Japanese 2nd division filling his retirement pot with yen.

Personally my opinion is that Williams is one of the sharpest minds, and elloquent speakers in the game in living memory. He will make an ideal pundit elludicidating the complexities of the games for we fans of more mortal flesh. SKY and BBC need to hurry up and get him into the commentary teams so we might benefit from his insight! He could be the greatest asset for rugby viewing since the death of Bill McLaren.

In the Longer term I can see Williams being one of the great coaches or selectors. He is like the Welsh Grant Fox with his eye for the subtleties of the game.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Shane Williams : Your Country Needs You (and others!) Empty Re: Shane Williams : Your Country Needs You (and others!)

Post by RubyGuby Fri 26 Oct 2012, 2:33 pm

Shocked

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Shane Williams : Your Country Needs You (and others!) Empty Re: Shane Williams : Your Country Needs You (and others!)

Post by Morgannwg Fri 26 Oct 2012, 2:42 pm

Why though?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Fri 26 Oct 2012, 6:35 pm

"Shane Williams believes he will ..." -- There's a world of difference between "will" and "might". The deciding factor appears to be whether his family want to stay there for another year.

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 26 Oct 2012, 7:19 pm

Shane Williams : Your Country Needs You (and others!)

WHY??

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:53 pm

I dont understand the question.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 27 Oct 2012, 9:30 am

McClaren wasn't so much incitful and sharp as passionate and obsessive, he had character and was a great entertainer.

Shane Williams is more likely to go into coaching than commentary.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:45 am

"He could be the greatest asset for rugby viewing since the death of Bill McLaren."

That is quite frankly the most disgusting thing Ive heard on these boards, you should be ashamed of yourself for a comment like that!!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:52 am

When are the mods going to do something about this fella?

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:53 am

I'm starting to think the mods are in on some sort of joke, celebrating the death of a rugby legend is too far IMO!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Avalon Sat 27 Oct 2012, 11:44 am

Another pointless article Rolling Eyes

Avalon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 1:04 pm

In the Longer term I can see Williams being one of the great coaches or selectors

Just because he is a fantastic player doesn't mean he will be a good coach, you may think he can explain very clearly how he was such an attacking threat and knew when to go for it, but there are some things you just cannot teach.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat 27 Oct 2012, 1:08 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I'm starting to think the mods are in on some sort of joke, celebrating the death of a rugby legend is too far IMO!!!

Bluesmancometh,

You misunderstand him. He is saying that Bill McClaren was a legend and since his death there has been a hole unable to be plugged.

Now he is of course on the wum that it is Shane Williams - we are all on the site too long not to spot a wum but I think you have misunderstood regarding his intentions of Bill McClaren.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 27 Oct 2012, 1:08 pm

You guys are feeding him. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 27 Oct 2012, 3:11 pm

stag

Maybe I am but I wouldn't put it past this scholar to have worded it so on purpose!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 27 Oct 2012, 8:10 pm

Sorry for any offence! It was just an honest and magnanimous suggestion! I remember all those lucid and insightful comments Williams made often a full time despite being a little exhausted nd probably tiny bit emotional.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 29 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm

Well to be fair he couldnt be any worse than John Inverdale or Jonathan Davies....but Moore and Butler he is not... Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down