The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create the biggest SELLING fight of all time!

+2
captain carrantuohil
ONETWOFOREVER
6 posters

Go down

Create the biggest SELLING fight of all time! Empty Create the biggest SELLING fight of all time!

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:24 pm

Which 2 fighters if brought together would generate more money then Ali v Frazier, Tyson v Lewis or Mayweather v ODLH put together.

Use you're imagination fellas its not as easy as it sounds.

IMO Tyson v Ali its too obvious.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Create the biggest SELLING fight of all time! Empty Re: Create the biggest SELLING fight of all time!

Post by captain carrantuohil Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:27 pm

Dempsey-Ali. The original idol versus the only man to exceed his drawing power since. That the result would be a foregone conclusion is neither here nor there; Jack pulled in a million-dollar gate in the 20s for butchering Carpentier. What price a ticket against Ali?

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Create the biggest SELLING fight of all time! Empty Re: Create the biggest SELLING fight of all time!

Post by azania Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:29 pm

Rocky - Ali. Wouldn't be competitive but it would sell.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:35 pm

Dempsey confuses me. Obviously I was not around in his day so wonder if he was a global superstar like Tyson or Ali.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:36 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Dempsey confuses me. Obviously I was not around in his day so wonder if he was a global superstar like Tyson or Ali.

He was bigger
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:41 pm

Bigger then Tyson and Ali....I seriously doubt it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:45 pm

Dempsey wasn't bigger than Tyson. TV saw to that. He was wildly popular in USA and Europe. But who knew of him in Asia and Africa? Would a coal miner in the pits of Yorkshire know who Dempsey was? They probably knew Willie the whippet though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:46 pm

for me it would be ali-tyson as well,

while i think dempsey is a big draw just feel a tyson fight would be bigger, particularly at a level where he was young, hyped to the max and yet maybe unproven against the very best eg someone of ali's level

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:48 pm

Can you imagine what Ali would say of Tyson prior to the fight? Mike would have been a ball of rage. A DQ wouldn't be out of the question.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:50 pm

Ali would get on his wick for sure. I can't see past this fight as the biggest selling fight maybe Robinson v Leonard welter

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:50 pm

You're comparing completely different eras Az, Dempsey was as big as Tyson or Ali are now in the 20s.

It is common fare to read and hear that Jack Dempsey revolutionized boxing. These are the reasons why. He was exciting, dynamic, powerful, technical, even gentlemanly as a true champion should be. The million-dollar gates and the Golden-Era explosion in boxing interest would be quick to follow. The sport would never be the same, every young man in the US wanted to be Jack Dempsey.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 18 Oct 2012, 10:13 pm

Not denying that Rodney. But you said Global superstar. Global only became an issue with global communication. And no way was he bigger than Ali. Even people living in deepest Amazonia knew of Ali.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 18 Oct 2012, 10:16 pm

I stand corrected Az, global in that sense he wasnt't but tose people in Amazonia couldn't afford to buy the fight.

Dempsey Ali would be without doubt the biggest ticket seller IMO

cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 18 Oct 2012, 10:51 pm

Rodney wrote:I stand corrected Az, global in that sense he wasnt't but tose people in Amazonia couldn't afford to buy the fight.

Dempsey Ali would be without doubt the biggest ticket seller IMO

cheers Rodders

Mabe they couldn't afford the fight, but they knew who Ali was. Pygmies in Congo, the Baka people in Cameroon, the San and Kalahari Bushmen all knew Ali.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 18 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm

Ali vs Tyson/Dempsey - with Rowan atkinson refereeing wearing a coca cola shirt

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down