The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomasz Adamek Vs. Odlanier Solis - December

+8
The genius of PBF
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
azania
captain carrantuohil
Seanusarrilius
manos de piedra
ShahenshahG
AlexHuckerby
12 posters

Go down

Tomasz Adamek Vs. Odlanier Solis - December Empty Tomasz Adamek Vs. Odlanier Solis - December

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 10 Oct 2012, 6:29 pm

These two are squaring up in December, actually is a pretty decent fight providing that Solis comes in at least a half decent weight. Adamek isn't the greatest heavy but can definitely be a handful for a slightly out of shape Solis.

Interesting fight and in a way depending on what Adamek has left and what kind of shape Solis is entering it's a bit of a pick 'em.

Thoughts?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Tomasz Adamek Vs. Odlanier Solis - December Empty Re: Tomasz Adamek Vs. Odlanier Solis - December

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 10 Oct 2012, 6:34 pm

Hope Solis sheds his titties and Adamek gives him a test/

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Tomasz Adamek Vs. Odlanier Solis - December Empty Re: Tomasz Adamek Vs. Odlanier Solis - December

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 10 Oct 2012, 6:49 pm

That would be the best possible option for me, Adamek could never beat a Kbro, at least there's that aire of uncertainty with the talent of Solis and the possiblity he will get himself in half decent shape.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 10 Oct 2012, 6:53 pm

Depends on Solis shape and conditioning I think. He hasnt fought much in the last two years and he was morbidly obese in his last fight. He might not get away with that against Adamek.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 10 Oct 2012, 6:57 pm

Solis dominates this. He is technically superior, a natural at the weight and far less shopworn. Easy win, pts most likely. Adamek looked very poor versus a one armed Eddie Chambers

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 10 Oct 2012, 7:04 pm

No doubt the winner will be expected to take his place in the pecking order behind Haye, whose victories against a "Who's Who?" of modern-day heavyweights clearly entitle him to the next title shot against anyone he chooses.

It's nice to see that the concept of some sort of an eliminator has not gone completely out of style. As everyone says, providing Solis takes this seriously, it should be an extremely informative fight.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Oct 2012, 7:06 pm

Big fan of Adamek. His willingness to take on the best has to be applauded unlike a certain Mr Haye. But if Solis comes in shape, he should have too much for him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 10 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

Solis is a little too natural at the weight and I cant see him coming in lighter than 250lb. Adamek has actually bulked into the weight quite well now in terms of muscle as opposed to just piling on fat. I think the fight is supposed to be part of an IBF elimination tournament. Pulev/Ustinov was the other half so the winner of this should face Pulev next for a shot at Wlad.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 10 Oct 2012, 7:16 pm

As I say, Manos, warm congratulations to all concerned for actually FIGHTING to establish their title credentials, rather than effectively stamping their feet like small children. An object lesson, in my opinion, which will doubtless be lost on the odd British heavyweight contender.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 10 Oct 2012, 7:25 pm

I think solis can and should win this fairly comfortably

Solis is too skilled to be outboxed by adamek who is limited and too big to be bullied or succum to adamek's pressure Gould he fight like that

Adamek has done pretty well at heavyweight considering he was a light heavyweight not too long ago and looks to have grown into the division normally weighing about 220-230 lbs without unnecessary fat

Solis is a class operator and its a shame he isn't professional enough to maintain at a reasonable weight. That being said he is perhaps the best obese fighter I've ever seen. He has barely lost a round and last time out he was 270 but still was sharp enough and good enough to boss his opponent

Solis around 250 or lower wins but adamek is pretty tough so shouldn't get stopped so I'll go for a wide UD

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 10 Oct 2012, 7:33 pm

He reminds me of Mathis - who gave Joe frazier the runaround for about 6 rounds and then ran out of gas as frazier started catching up with him. He was a fat Bar Steward as well

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:23 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:As I say, Manos, warm congratulations to all concerned for actually FIGHTING to establish their title credentials, rather than effectively stamping their feet like small children. An object lesson, in my opinion, which will doubtless be lost on the odd British heavyweight contender.

Yeah its not even that difficult to become mandatory now with 4 seperate routes to choose from. Last time Solis earned his shot at Vitali by beating an ancient Ray Austin. Haye wouldnt need to do much to put himself into position again. Tony Thompson got 2 shots by beating Luis Krasinqui and Maurice Harris (who?).

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:26 pm

All about the money though Haye knows he can get a shot without fighting a mandatory for peanuts.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:38 pm

True, even if Vitali gets elected I wouldnt be surprised if Haye gets a shot. But fighting an eliminator is still a fairly easy option for Haye. If it was against a somewhat credible fighter like Adamek maybe its not worth it but if against an 80 year old Rahman or something then why not just get it over and done with?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:44 pm

I saw on the internet Haye having dinner with Jose Suilaman recently...Probably charm his way up to the WBC rankings without fighting.

Haye had a 20 million payday against Wladimir...Probably doesn't have the motivation to fight unless it is for big money.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:47 pm

Yeah but the eliminator sets up another good payday. I think his dinner with Sulamain was to ensure his licencing issue wouldnt be a problem for any potential match for the WBC belt.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:49 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Yeah but the eliminator sets up another good payday. I think his dinner with Sulamain was to ensure his licencing issue wouldnt be a problem for any potential match for the WBC belt.

Jose was talking out of his rear end when he made the comment about Haye. As soon as he sees the dollar signs he always has a Damascus type conversion.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 11 Oct 2012, 9:02 am

Solis is not a young guy like Fury (who had time to shed his puppy fat sensibly, and continues to do so). Instead, Solis is a 32 year old man (33 in April). I find it strange how people cling to the hope, at his advanced age, he will somehow find discipline and enter the ring at 220-230lb.

Interesting fight though.

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 11 Oct 2012, 10:09 am

Solis 'should' win this, however he should of done a lot of things with his pro career and has done nothing.

I have no sypathy for Solis, huge talent wasted. He'll cry when he retires and has a fraction lof the money he could of had.

I think Adamek will win a close points decision.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 11 Oct 2012, 10:30 am

As previously stated by others, I have a lot of respect for Adamek. Think he'll do well here.

That said, if he's in shape, Solis beats him in his sleep. Sadly, Solis' main battle is not with Adamek, but with the sweet trolley and the pie shop.

A less-than-250lb Solis wins easily by shutout or late stoppage. Any heavier, it becomes much closer and I wouldn't rule out a close UD for Tomasz.

It's an intriguing match-up.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 14 Oct 2012, 1:51 pm

the adamek vs arreola fight comes to mind. adamek will push the pace all the way and i dont think solis will manage it. late stoppage adamek, after losing the first half of the fight.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 14 Oct 2012, 2:13 pm

Solis is far more polished boxer than Arreola and is too cute and defensively sound to be countered like Arreola was.

Solis is much more like chambers than Arreola and Adamek struggled with chambers depsite him having only 1 arm after the 1st round and coming of 15 or so months of inactivity

Adamek will push the pace but solis will slow it down and dominate him over the 12 round difference and adamek doesn't have the power to really make an impression on Solis or wear him down

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 14 Oct 2012, 2:41 pm

i dont think solis will be able to do it for the full 12, adamek is better than he is given credit for. also i dont think solis will hurt adamek, i see him walking through punchs after the pop has gone from them after 5-6 rounds. he is tough, and if he can take vitalis power for 10 rounds (and he was only really stopped to spare him more punishment) the i think he will come on to strong late on.

had solis have adameks dedication to training etc then he would be a dangerous force, which he still is but not his true potential.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:20 pm

I think if Adamek can set a high tempo he will be very difficult for Solis. Solis has the technical ability to beat Adamek I would think but his conditioning is suspect and hes fought very few live contenders that has been able to ask real questions of him. I remember watching him against an ancient Ray Austin and he was visibly very tired by the mid rounds and pretty lethagic. His weight is generally appalling which makes one question how hard he trains and he could be in for a bit of a rude awakening unless he commits to this fight properly. Hes only had one C level fight in the last 18 months and has had knee surgery so his preparation hasnt been ideal either. I would have probably slotted in another workout fight before Adamek urely for conditioning purposes if I were him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:24 pm

He was meant to fight Larsen but didnt want to risk injury and scupper his payday and so decided to go straight in without a warm up

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 14 Oct 2012, 3:26 pm

Yeah I think that was a mistake.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down